UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Looking for some input

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/30/12 9:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XmmaAddictX
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just picked up a 7' olympic bar and 300lbs of weight as I am looking to add lifting into my week.
I am currently training bjj 3 to 4 times per week and boxing/thaiboxing on one of those days as well. S&C is 2 to 3 times per week (currently hiit body weight circuits or 5km run). These are the days I would like to incorporate lifting.

My questions are regarding my goals. I compete in bjj and grappling tournaments often and I am right in the middle of two weight classes and am unsure whether to go up or down. I regularly walk at 155 and with my gi on must be either 154 or 167.5.

I follow strict clean eating habits 99% of the time. Over the past year have lost 90 pounds and consider myself rather lean.

I guess what im usure about is with incorporating lifting into my regime what approach should I take to gain 5 pounds of muscle? or what should I do to drop 5 pounds and still build strength?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you S&C forum. Phone Post
11/30/12 11:17 AM
Taku
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a ton of beginner programs out there.

My recomendation is to keep it simple, Check out these articles about training programs for MMA, and Strength Training For Athletes from my blog:

I imagine the usual response from many here will be stuff like "STARTING STRENGTH", "STRONG LIFTS 5X5", or "5/3/1".

Best of luck with your goals.

TAKU

12/1/12 9:37 PM
XmmaAddictX
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks taku, all great stuff right there. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.