UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Bass God - Eivind Opsvik

11/30/12 11:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ali
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard of Opsvik from a kind of weird Donny McCaslin cd I have. I picked out my favorite tune, and it was his. I'm still learning about what he does. I thought this one was really special -- a piece of his called Indian Summer, solo bass with delay.
12/2/12 9:29 PM
hugomma
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this the "Indian Summer" you speak of?  Beautiful piece.  The opening loop's a little long.  You can skip to the melody at about 4:40.

12/2/12 10:38 PM
Ali
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/12 10:38 PM
I posted a different vid.... don't know when it disappeared. Hmmm. Thanks, Hugo for getting something posted! I'm gonna try again. Same tune... different performance. I think the "boring part" comes off a bit more intense in this one.

12/2/12 10:47 PM
Ali

and here with a band. I think of him more as a composer, I guess, since I love his writing. But the bass parts are always a really good part of that.

12/7/12 1:11 PM
Palmala Handerson
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.