UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fitch: Maia a 'monster', but I'll overwhelm him

11/30/12 12:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"It will be an interesting matchup," Fitch told ESPN.com after verbally agreeing to the fight last week. "I haven't created too much of a game plan but I think I'll overwhelm him with everything that I bring to the table.

The bout will likely suffer from a lack of headlines leading up to UFC 156, in large part because the card, as it unofficially stacks up, is loaded. Then again, like the stone-grinding that follows Fitch from fight to fight, a weak spotlight is normal for him. While Maia isn't a particularly powerful draw either, his recent conversion down to welterweight has revitalized the Brazilian jiu-jitsu wizard's prospects of fighting for a UFC championship

Maia looks every bit a serious, well-rounded mixed martial arts contender, and Fitch is the perfect guy to test that

"He's really a monster at 170," Fitch said. "I was surprised at how big he was down in Rio [at UFC 153]."

read entire article...

11/30/12 1:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat1 - Maia by RNC....if Erick Silva can get Fitch in that position imagine what Maia could do.
BJ had him in that position too and didn't seal the deal

Fitch has talked about how he gives up his neck for chokes to wear guys out and reverse em. While I doubt he'll try that with Maia, I don't think it's indicative of his true grappling ability, although I could be wrong Phone Post
11/30/12 2:09 PM
BenBJJ
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't wrestle fuck Maia.
11/30/12 2:19 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Yep Maia is a beast and WW is right weight class for him.
11/30/12 2:21 PM
DatSpider
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's hope it won't turn into K1 Maia vs K1 Fitch.
11/30/12 2:21 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see Fitch test his striking in this match.
11/30/12 2:23 PM
French Fries Malone
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagleswhat1 - Maia by RNC....if Erick Silva can get Fitch in that position imagine what Maia could do.

was just thinking this too

Maia has sooooo many tricks that even broke fitch will be wrapped up like a christmas gift and left sleeping under the tree
11/30/12 2:24 PM
French Fries Malone
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fitch trying to hold maia down is like trying to hold a handfull of water

fitch has a good chance if he keeps it standing, could be a boring fight
11/30/12 2:27 PM
DatSpider
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank by gogoplata - Would love to see Fitch test his striking in this match.

Really? This could potentially turn into a match with some of greatest,most intriguing grappling exchanges in a while, yet you want them to test their mediocre striking?
11/30/12 2:41 PM
Brock Lobster
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DatSpider -

Really? This could potentially turn into a match with some of greatest,most intriguing grappling exchanges in a while, yet you want them to test their mediocre striking?
. Phone Post
11/30/12 2:48 PM
French Fries Malone

DatSpider - 

maybe he is a fitch fan, cause thats the only way John can win. In a striking match.
11/30/12 2:49 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch by TKO, I'm calling it now. WAR not broke anymore Fitch!

11/30/12 2:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Triangle night

11/30/12 2:55 PM
XFactah416
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broke Fitch vs ADCC Maia will be a great fight. Phone Post
11/30/12 3:00 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if MAia can take out Fitch... man...  that's one scary dude at 170.

11/30/12 3:06 PM
Yelm
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am very interested to see how the grappling goes.  Fitch seems unchokeable, Maia seems like the guy to test that.  Hopefully it isn't a kickboxing fight. 

I am torn on this one, I like both of these guys a lot.

11/30/12 3:17 PM
StruggleSnuggles
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia by BJJ Phone Post
11/30/12 3:33 PM
Canadian_26
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This and Lauzon/Miller are the 2 fights Im most looking forward to right now. And with the quality of fights coming up thats saying a lot. I don't think maia will let it be a Kickboxing match tho... I hope. Phone Post
11/30/12 3:36 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ARE YOU BROKE?
11/30/12 3:39 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - ARE YOU BROKE?

My thoughts exactly. How broke are we talking here Fitch?

If not very broke, I think the only logical solution is to bet the house & savings on red or black.

Win/Win imo.

11/30/12 3:40 PM
jimbonice

This fight will give a good indication of where Maia fits in the division. Maybe we'll see Maia vs Rory next. Phone Post
11/30/12 3:41 PM
irishrottie
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be a grueling fight. Would be surprised to see Maia soften Fitch up with his boxing before getting to the grappling. FItch probably has a better gas tank.

11/30/12 3:45 PM
aluminum_rooster

calling a Maia sub.....triangle in the second....
11/30/12 3:50 PM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia better hope that Jon doesn't get slammed with back taxes while in training camp. Bankrupt Finch would kill a man in the cage for that bonus Phone Post
11/30/12 3:51 PM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seats Taken - Maia better hope that Jon doesn't get slammed with back taxes while in training camp. Bankrupt Finch would kill a man in the cage for that bonus Phone Post
Fitch**

Derp Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.