UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> FINALLY figured out how to read GG comics on App

11/30/12 3:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/12 9:30 PM

Maybe everyone has always known this and I'm the only retard.

I've long despaired at the inability to pinch or zoom in the iphone and Android app, disallowing any type of reading of the comics posted here unless you have a tablet. 

Alternately, you can go to the browser, but navigation is just too clunky and annoying to go through threads.

EXCEPT

You can go to the "GeekGround Comics Posted" thread, which should be in everyone's subscriptions, and then click on the link to the comic you want to read from there and

PRESTO

It launches the page in browser format where you can pinch, zoom, rotate and scroll to your heart's content.

Apologies if everyone already knew this and I'm the only idiot.

11/30/12 4:35 PM
Stickgrappler
1947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't know that but you are not the only idiot - thx

*raises hand*
11/30/12 11:01 PM
Kneeblock
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again -

Is it because when you open from the "GeekGround Comics Posted" thread, it opens the thread up in "no frames"?

Not sure if that's a dumb question. I don't know anything about smart phones.

No it's because it launches the thread from the browser instead of the app. The app is restrictive in terms of navigating the page. Phone Post
12/1/12 10:59 AM
blue_tape_39
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can zoom inside the UG app on an iPhone. Settings -> general -> accessibility -> turn zoom to on Phone Post
12/1/12 11:00 AM
blue_tape_39
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your way is still better though Phone Post
12/1/12 1:37 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - I didn't know that but you are not the only idiot - thx

*raises hand*
Before, I used to just email share it I myself, this will be way easier! Phone Post
12/1/12 1:59 PM
pogomeister
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Took me a while to figure it out aswell! Phone Post
12/1/12 4:08 PM
Kneeblock

blue_tape_39 -  You can zoom inside the UG app on an iPhone. Settings -> general -> accessibility -> turn zoom to on Phone Post

Never knew this way either. I just switched to an S3 though, so I'm not sure how I'd do it there.

Still have my old iPhone though, so cool to know. voted up.

12/1/12 8:14 PM
lurkingveteran
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought iphone was a write off for these. many thx Phone Post
12/1/12 9:58 PM
N9K
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.
12/2/12 12:49 AM
mobybeaver
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blue_tape_39 - You can zoom inside the UG app on an iPhone. Settings -> general -> accessibility -> turn zoom to on Phone Post
thanks for the tip Phone Post
12/2/12 1:49 AM
b0bb0
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Phone Post
12/2/12 2:11 PM
Kneeblock

I think another alternate route is to bookmark the Geekground Comics posted thread in your browser, which will yield the same results.

12/3/12 12:11 PM
Stickgrappler
1947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knee,

I used your method last night, was able to catch up on 2 titles (4 issues)... woohoo!
12/8/12 2:24 PM
dchi07
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.