UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Are There Kick Boxing Tournaments?

11/30/12 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if there is an event or circuit of amateur kickboxing/Muay in the U.S.?
Kind of Like BJJ has gi and No gi stuff in damn near every city.
I want to try and find a respectable regular Muay Thai/Kickboxing event that my students, mostly beginners, can get there feet wet.

Im hoping to stumble upon a Muay Thai version of something like golden gloves is for boxing or something similar. Well run, fair even match ups, etc. etc.

Any idea's out there?
12/1/12 10:56 AM
Khun Kao
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WKA North American Tournament will be March 8-10 of 2013 in Richmond, VA

IKF National Tournament is usually over the summer in Orlando, FL

As far as "fair" and/or "even" matchups.... it's all based upon who registers for the individual weigh classes. In my experience, they try to "seed" the fighters as evenly as they can, but like I said, it still boils down to who signs up.
12/1/12 11:28 AM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks
12/8/12 5:47 PM
erichaycraft
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tbasanctioning.com holds the largest and most competitive muay Thai tournament in north America. I support all the tournaments annually but this one is tops. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.