UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN DFW n Rousey: Message from Liz Carmouche

11/30/12 8:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tru
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/30/12 8:40 PM
Click For MMA Videos

WMMA star Liz Carmouche has nothing but respect for the first ever Female UFC Champion Ronda Rousey. In the video below, shot by Aaron Tru and Adrian Gallegos from MMAprime.tv, Carmouche credits Rousey for the inception of women into the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

However, Carmouche does go on to say that she is the #1 contender at 135lbs and has earned the privileged of fighting Rousey for the title, when women compete for the first time inside of the Octagon.

Paraphrased sound bytes from the video

: -Carmouche also agrees with Rousey about having as much sex as possible prior to a fight; citing that sex will naturally lower your estrogen level, while increasing your testosterone.

-I have teammates jump my back and arm bar me, because I didn’t have a mom like Ronda who would wake me up with an arm bar.

-Ronda is not a person to power out of (arm bar) I have to use traditional escapes or not get caught in the first place.

-I had a chance once against Marloes…I may have lost, but it was a learning experience…I’m ready for a championship bout again.

-I train non stop all the time…that dedication has to be there…this is a way of life.

-Liz credits her Coach Manny for coming up with Team Lizbo….The Lizbo fan base is strong.

-There are hurdles and adversity I have gone through that people haven’t…

-Ronda hasn’t experienced the difficulties of my life and never will.

-I want to be a part of history, in the UFC, fighting Ronda Rousey for the title.

Read more: http://mmaprime.tv/2012/11/30/liz-carmouche-sends-a-message-to-ufc-president-dana-white-and-champion-ronda-rousey/#ixzz2DlBx7mNW

11/30/12 8:47 PM
Larry Appleton
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carmouche is tough Phone Post
11/30/12 8:53 PM
12SixElbow
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the problem I have with the UFC having women.

The talent isn't deep enough, number one contender?

Liz Carmouche is a tough tough girl, and I don't mean to take anything away, but she is 2 - 2 in her last 4, and her two wins of those four are a girl coming off her debut, and a girl who is 7 - 7.

11/30/12 9:15 PM
Tru
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
12SixElbow - 

Liz Carmouche is a tough tough girl, and I don't mean to take anything away, but she is 2 - 2 in her last 4, and her two wins of those four are a girl coming off her debut, and a girl who is 7 - 7.

the girl who is 7-7 is kaitlin young who has wins over miesha tate and julie kedzie.

11/30/12 9:23 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/30/12 9:23 PM
Tru - 
12SixElbow - 

the girl who is 7-7 is kaitlin young who has wins over miesha tate and julie kedzie.

The Tate fight was back in '07, and Kedzie owns a victory over  over Young (7-7), too. Carmouche's last two losses were to Coenen and Kaufmann. 

I would say she needs a few more solid perofrmances (2-3) before getting the call to join the UFC roster. And even then, she'll still be a couple of fights out from a title shot.

12SixElbow has a point. She's a tough chick, but calling herself the #1 contender at 135lbs is laughable, and only justifiable through a default position, considering Rousey is finishing opponents left and right.

11/30/12 9:26 PM
gooddoc

has she been taking the same vitamins as gyborg.
11/30/12 11:01 PM
Quik
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
Will she do the fandango?
11/30/12 11:08 PM
TheTankEngine

Great! Now I'm going to have that song in my head all day.

Thunderbolts & Lightening, very very frightening...
11/30/12 11:09 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

McMann has a clear #1 contender status over Carmouche, Tate VS Carmouche on the undercard - the winner has a decent argument to be next in line

11/30/12 11:09 PM
Quik
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
lol SORRY! Every time I see Liz's name it just starts blaring in my head...
11/30/12 11:15 PM
Chris27

Ronda takes her arm inside one round.

She aint hte top contender, I'd say McMann, Tate or MC will get the first crack at Ronda.

I dont know how true it is but I heard they are leaning towards MC.
12/1/12 12:02 AM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos
mrantistupiditay - 
Tru - 
12SixElbow - 

Tru, when are you going to get behind a female fighter who doesn't look like she's been juicing.

I know: vote me down fuckers.

Somebody has to stand up for "Tru"-th.

so two girls ever?  Man the truth does hurt. ...SO, the videos with miesha tate, marloes coenen, sarah kaufman, julie kedzie, michelle gutierrez, kaiyana rain, rachael cummins, ashlee cummins, lybarger twins, jessica penne, lethal lana, carla esparza, Ronda Rousey twice, kim couture, sophia bagherdai, bridgette batch, and SEVERAL others did not count?  Thanks for opening my eyes to that...appreciate it :)  I'll go sit in the corner and cry a bit lol

12/1/12 12:16 AM
Samoa
486 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

I completely get the depth issue but they gotta start somewhere right? I mean Royce fought some guy un the finals that had like 3 wins and had lost to a guy that Royce had beat very easily. The same kind of thing that happened with the men is what the women are going through now. It has taken longer because their side of the sport never blew up. This may be the jumping off point.

Just thoughts.....I don't know. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:53 AM
12SixElbow
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - 
12SixElbow - 

I know.

But in the last 4 years she is 3 - 7.....

The Tate win was 5 years ago, she snuck the decision to Kedzie, and lost the rematch handily.

12/1/12 12:54 AM
12SixElbow

Samoa - 
12SixElbow -

I completely get the depth issue but they gotta start somewhere right? I mean Royce fought some guy un the finals that had like 3 wins and had lost to a guy that Royce had beat very easily. The same kind of thing that happened with the men is what the women are going through now. It has taken longer because their side of the sport never blew up. This may be the jumping off point.

Just thoughts.....I don't know. Phone Post

Good perspective

12/1/12 1:26 AM
Hessian
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will bring in someone who has a high chance of losing to Rousey. They will not want the hype train derailed.
12/1/12 2:12 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

How's Chael's UFC record? Phone Post
12/1/12 2:22 AM
Tru

Edited: 12/01/12 2:27 AM
Click For MMA Videos
mrantistupiditay - Look...not trolling so all I'm going to do is post so you know I saw your reply. You know you were FOS in the wake of Cyborg's test result, and that Cyborg's not just some random person you interviewed. Your reply is bullshit. Seen, noted.

you know this video is with liz carmouche and not cyborg right?    

FYI, of the the 310 (give or take 5-10 videos either way) Maybe 10 of them were with cris cyborg.  SO....

00.03% of the video content I have produced involving mixed martial arts contains Cris Cyborg. 

"all I'll do is let you know I saw your reply"   followed by two more sentences and more trolling.  GTFO idiot.

12/1/12 2:46 AM
12SixElbow

KingD87 - 
12SixElbow -

And people are pissed at Sonnen getting a title shot at Jones aren't they...

How did you help make your point?

12/1/12 2:50 AM
12ealdeal

That remark about Rousey's mom.

Low blow? Phone Post
12/1/12 2:53 AM
yellow wrkahlc

12SixElbow - 
KingD87 - 
12SixElbow -

Fuck it, they don't understand, 12SixElbow.

It's simple: Look at Liz's record, and you decide for yourself whether or not that makes her the #1 Contender or even close to it. Go ahead. Look.

12/1/12 8:14 AM
stonepony

Whatever. Yeah, she's not the top contender. But she's awesome. Ronda is the WMMA JBJ or AS, and fighters turn down those match-ups all the time. DW bitches about fighters turning down fights, as he should, so he's got to be happy to see a girl like this begging for a chance. Instead of hiding behind 5lbs of roid muscle in a division that doesn't exist. Think Liz would have her doctor issue a statement that it's impossible for her to drop a couple pounds over the course of a year? Bullshit.

Liz isn't going to get the first shot, unless some fluke 151 style stuff goes down. But I'm looking forward to watching her fight somebody. The first UFC card with RR, and WMMA will already have done more as a sport than female boxing ever managed to achieve.
12/1/12 8:16 AM
stonepony

"That remark about Rousey's mom.

Low blow?"

I didn't get that impression at all. Sounded like a compliment to RR's mom to me.
12/1/12 8:19 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
KingD87 - 
12SixElbow -

I'm just saying it doesn't matter if someone is 10-0 or 1-10, the UFC is going to give the shot to who they think will make them the most money.

I'm NOT saying it's Liz, nor do I think she deserves a title shot and wouldn't wanna see it... My point was just that records aren't half as important than you think. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:49 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quik - Will she do the fandango?
Hah Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.