UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN DFW n Rousey: Message from Liz Carmouche

12/2/12 6:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liz Carmouche is fine to serve the narrative, feed Rousey an easy win and allow Dana to red faced promote her with Sons of Anarchy cast members in the background giving Fonzie thumbs ups.

But.

Carmouche is not a PPV level opponent if the game is to have Ronda headline a PPV.

There is no way Dana let's Ronda not be a main event so perhaps they do this on FOX.

I think they go for eyes like CBS did with Gina on Elite and feed her Liz on FOX.

The only way Ronda works on PPV is versus Cyborg and even then it's not a draw.

Faber vs Aldo in the one and only WEC PPV did 41K.

With the UFC name, you can multiply it by 3.

Ronda headlining a UFC PPV would do 150K MAX and that is versus Cyborg only but that's a bout she could lose and Dana doesn't want to watch the pet project get pummeled under the brightest of lights.

I think Ronda-Liz gets FOX and Ronda gets to be on Jim Rome another 50 times to help build this thing. Phone Post
12/2/12 6:43 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the dyke comments are mean....but when you think about it...about 95.9% true...For every fem Gina Carano and Meisha Tate...you have about 10 manly bull dykes.

Women's MMA is really, at the end of the day, the Dyke MMA Championship.

No thanks.
12/2/12 8:03 PM
Shogun of Harlem
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone has to fight RR, why not? I beat Girlrilla hates her arms.
12/2/12 9:10 PM
Bad Monkey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hessian - They will bring in someone who has a high chance of losing to Rousey. They will not want the hype train derailed.

THat would be any one of the 3.6 billion women on the planet earth.

All they need is someone who won't mind their elbow getting turned into dust.

12/2/12 10:20 PM
Arvydas Sabonis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe its been mentioned already, but her smile is to gummy to be considered for a title shot. maybe if she does some tasteful "nearly nude" photo shoots she could be reconsidered.
12/2/12 10:48 PM
stevekt
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UFC will either go with a Tate grudge rematch or a McMann Olympian showdown. However, I do think Carmouche is a worthy opponent. I think Baszler deserves a shot as well.
12/2/12 11:00 PM
HighVoltage
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if its just me but does Liz look like Urijah Faber in the picture on the news page with her holding her arms up on the scale?
12/3/12 8:56 AM
TKo18

David@accu - 

How do we know thats not Uriah Faber with long hair?

Definitely Urijah Faber in a wig right there! It's a man, baby!!!
12/3/12 9:03 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry but Rousey would eat her tits for brekfis
12/3/12 1:22 PM
Tru
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

ttt

12/3/12 1:29 PM
Happiness Bunny
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - I'm sorry but Rousey would eat her tits for brekfis

Liz would not tap to "Over the blouse titty nibblin' in pub" from Honda.. she would love that shit!
12/4/12 2:09 PM
n3m
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/6/12 12:56 AM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silly Urijah, title shots are for women.

12/6/12 2:06 AM
FatBuddha
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 2:08 AM
Jesus, if clasping your hands together in a gable grip is her idea of armbar defense like it showed in the video when her teammate jumped her from behind and put her in an armbar, she has no chance against Rhonda.

When are these girls going to learn that Rhonda is on an extremely high techical level and it's going to take more than just good cardio and generalized mma training to beat her.
12/6/12 3:31 AM
time traveling 12er
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

This is the problem I have with the UFC having women.

The talent isn't deep enough, number one contender?

Liz Carmouche is a tough tough girl, and I don't mean to take anything away, but she is 2 - 2 in her last 4, and her two wins of those four are a girl coming off her debut, and a girl who is 7 - 7.

WMMA is young, you can't expect it to be stacked. You also can't expect more women to get in to the sport while it languishes as a side show in bottom feeding orgs. No one asked about records or rankings in the early days of MMA either. People got in to the ring and fought to determine that. Who cares what Carmouche did in her last 4 fights, all that's going to matter is what she does in her next one. She'll determine whether she belongs in the octagon or not when she fights. Not by some MMMAth or all this #1 contender ranking garbage. Like you said, the talent pool isn't deep enough so obviously you're not going to have the female Anderson Silva fighting the female Vitor Belfort. You're going to have Tank Abbot vs. Mark Kerr for a few years.
12/6/12 4:50 PM
Tru
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

well well well

12/7/12 12:10 AM
FOX Force Five
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will Ronda have to go to a 2nd round?
12/10/12 4:54 AM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos

ttt

12/10/12 7:01 AM
Larry Appleton

Cyborg is the only chick in mma who can grapple w Rousey... Phone Post
2/15/13 1:25 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos

bump

2/15/13 2:57 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Appleton -  Cyborg is the only chick in mma who can grapple w Rousey... Phone Post

???????????

Cyborg can't grapple with her either, Cyborg's only chance is her striking.
2/15/13 3:17 PM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Appleton -  Cyborg is the only chick in mma who can grapple w Rousey... Phone Post

how on earth do you figure? cuz she lifted tito off the ground while caught in a triangle????? GTFO!

Ronda taps out cyborg and probably the whole entire ufc mens bantamweight roster.
2/15/13 3:25 PM
Doctor Snuggles

cheesesteak - 

how on earth do you figure? cuz she lifted tito off the ground while caught in a triangle????? GTFO!

Ronda taps out cyborg and probably the whole entire ufc mens bantamweight roster.

No, because ADCC-Gina mounted her. ;)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.