UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Fraud BJJ Black Belt in NC - James Paredes

11/30/12 11:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paredes bjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/12 2:27 PM

James Paredes, a questionable BJJ black belt in Cary, North Carolina, has garnered a lot of attention after a review of his school was posted online:

http://www.jiujitsuforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=35292&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

A legit BJJ black belt in the Cary, NC area questioned Paredes' credentials and issued hin a $1000 challenge:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/bjj-fraud-north-carolina-gets-challenged-2249289/

After being exposed, Paredes has sinced backed off his claim of being a black belt in BJJ and going as far as revamping his website, taking his Facebook page down, and hastily changing the spelling of "Jiu Jitsu" on the sign of his school window by scraping off the "i" in "Jiu" (his school sign now reads "J u Jitsu").

Paredes maintains that he is a black belt in "Kosen Judo" and "Japanese Jujutsu." However, when asked to name any of his instructors in "Kosen Judo" or "Japanese Jujutsu," Paredes is unable to produce any names.

Based on some instructionals Paredes posted on Youtube, it is evident that he has had no formal training in any grappling art."Preserved" site containing Paredes instructionals after original site was taken down by Paredes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9X_DtZmT4&sns=fb

His school's website:
http://www.moskarate.com/jiu-jitsu.html
12/1/12 12:10 AM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This ship has set sail and the Sherdog clowns sank the whole deal.

No way we get a pee pee taste video out of this one now.
12/1/12 12:30 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

your name is curiously similar to that of the person in question..... curious.....
12/1/12 12:32 AM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddjob assists Paredes demo the deadly "s-mount side-control" kimura:

http://youtu.be/U4UA8opxG5g

12/1/12 1:52 AM
NastyErnie

I dunno "Lugnut" seems legit. :)

12/1/12 10:02 AM
PayItForward
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just fucking WOW. those instructionals are retarded.
12/1/12 10:03 AM
PayItForward
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is the OP the guy in no question? by no question, i mean there is NO QUESTION this guy is NOT a bjj black belt.

is this post based off of agreement w/ the legit bb in town? is this bjj world's form of community service?
12/1/12 11:22 AM
joshjitsu

Makes me happy that I actually followed through with my McDojo expose' on video.

No one else ever does anything but talk shit. Phone Post
12/1/12 9:18 PM
South Philly D

I was following this thread for a while on jiujitsuforums.com.
As far as I can tell he is still instructing this bullshit and doesn't give a fuck who knows. He can really get someone hurt with this shit.
12/1/12 9:38 PM
Kneeblock
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

North Carolina again?

12/1/12 10:22 PM
Braxmax

I live in Cary NC and Billy Dowey is my head instructor. Two of my teammates visited the school and the that's how the jiu jitsu forum thread started. Sine then it's Snowballed online. Even though the guy hasn't been dojo stormed, mission accomplished. If every fraud knows that never ending Internet attention is a possibility then maybe we as a community have a chance at keeping bjj from becoming a watered down mess like tma. Phone Post
12/1/12 11:47 PM
joemasepoos
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu -  Makes me happy that I actually followed through with my McDojo expose' on video.

You did a great job bro !!!
12/2/12 12:07 AM
shen
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/12 2:46 AM
A guy with fairly terrible grappling skills wearing a BJJ Black Belt and BJJ Kimono who vaguely claims rank & experience in Japanese jujitsu and Kosen Judo?

Hmmmm, where have I heard that before...?
12/2/12 8:12 PM
judogoat
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where *have you heard that before? Phone Post
12/3/12 10:42 PM
Braxmax

Ttt Phone Post
12/3/12 11:06 PM
PayItForward

joshjitsu -  Makes me happy that I actually followed through with my McDojo expose' on video.

and you've been rubbing it in our face ever since.

we get it.

you are a fo' real.
12/3/12 11:53 PM
joshjitsu

PayItForward - 

and you've been rubbing it in our face ever since.

we get it.

you are a fo' real.

That was the first time I have brought it up since it happened. So yea...
12/4/12 1:18 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PayItForward - is the OP the guy in no question? by no question, i mean there is NO QUESTION this guy is NOT a bjj black belt.

is this post based off of agreement w/ the legit bb in town? is this bjj world's form of community service?
?
OP has same name? Am I missing something? Phone Post
12/4/12 3:05 AM
checkuroil
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this a hyper reverse troll Phone Post
12/4/12 6:46 AM
PayItForward

josh,

just playing, i liked your vid from back when. typed word doesn't translate.

the op has me so mindfucked i can't grasp it...
12/5/12 12:06 PM
Stymie
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Joe Son was in prison. How is he in NC teaching the lugnut?
12/5/12 12:33 PM
odennis
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stymie - I thought Joe Son was in prison. How is he in NC teaching the lugnut?

Where do you think he learned the Lugnut?
12/5/12 2:52 PM
Judo Scott
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 3:35 PM
Unrelated but I have a fat fuck on my base that claims to have a bjj black belt from Marco Rua's father. He teaches the worst mma classes ever.
12/5/12 3:54 PM
Tréasach
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HA! One of the guys at my gym (we are in eastern NC) was talking about this a few days ago. I am glad this thread got bumped so I can see the video he was talking about.
12/5/12 4:14 PM
South Philly D

Has he made any new videos lately? Anyone know if he is still teaching at the same school?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.