UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: I won't fight unless for a belt

12/1/12 12:25 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I'm not going to fight unless it's for a belt," Hendricks on Friday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Nothing else matters but the belt. My last three fights were guys in the top five, and I finished two of those three fights. I stated my claim. My stock's really high right now, and the only thing left is to get a shot at that belt.

"I really want a belt. They don't come around that often, and I feel like I've done enough to earn a shot, and that's pretty much all I'm thinking of right now. I'm training for a five-round fight, and that's it."

"He's trying to keep money from my kids," Hendricks said. "If I win that belt and take it from him, my life changes. He's trying to not give me the fair shot. That's crazy to me to think this guy is trying to control my future. That makes me want to win that much even more."

Hendricks said he believes it comes down to the St-Pierre team believing a Diaz fight is one they can win, but a Hendricks fight is one that could give them some trouble.

"Here is a guy is trying to pull out a curveball saying, 'We really don't think we can win with this guy, but we think we can beat Nick Diaz.' That's what it sounds like to me," he said.

read entire article...

12/1/12 12:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And out of every fighter that's picking and choosing when and who to fight, I agree with Hendricks' decision and reasoning.

He's next in line, he should be fighting for the belt next.

12/1/12 12:32 AM
French Fries Malone
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Dana responds well to these kinds of statements. He isn't the kind of boss that lets his employees dicktate what s gonna happen. I don't think Johnny's stock is as high as he claims. Would he outsell a Diaz ppv as a headliner?

I'm calling it now: hendriks is getting shelved for a huge ppv draw In Diaz .

Fuck it that's an awesome fight too! Phone Post
12/1/12 12:34 AM
dogfb
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on if GSP fights Silva. If that fight happens Hendricks should fight Diaz for a shot at GSP. 

12/1/12 12:35 AM
sextoymagic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Hendricks. But he can keep waiting until Diaz gets his shot. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:36 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Hendricks probably has every intention of doing what he's saying, but if GSP fights Silva and then they want Diaz to fight GSP, I doubt Hendricks would actually want to just wait Phone Post
12/1/12 12:38 AM
Drunkie
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana will prolly tell gsp he fights hendricks or anderson. if he is forced to pick one of them i think he is better off picking anderson. atleast a lose to anderson will not hurt his stock to much. but a lose to hendricks really hurts his income. i think hendricks would beat him if they fought
12/1/12 12:38 AM
stonepony

sextoymagic -  I agree with Hendricks. But he can keep waiting until Diaz gets his shot. Phone Post

Maybe Diaz should beat at least one top contender before he gets a title shot? Losing to Condit certainly shouldn't put him in line. Hendricks deserves it, and he's earned it. Nick already got his gifted shot at the belt. No way should he get to skip over Hendricks.
12/1/12 12:39 AM
crazyea
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumb. GSP has defended how many times? He knows he can beat anyone. He's earned this right as the number one draw. Too many bigmouths these days. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:40 AM
Stu Cazzo

BIG RIG!!!!!

12/1/12 12:42 AM
sextoymagic

stonepony -
sextoymagic -  I agree with Hendricks. But he can keep waiting until Diaz gets his shot. Phone Post

Maybe Diaz should beat at least one top contender before he gets a title shot? Losing to Condit certainly shouldn't put him in line. Hendricks deserves it, and he's earned it. Nick already got his gifted shot at the belt. No way should he get to skip over Hendricks.
I agree Hendricks is more deserving. Diaz is the fight I want to see most though. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:46 AM
stonepony

sextoymagic - 
stonepony -

I agree Hendricks is more deserving. Diaz is the fight I want to see most though. Phone Post

I'd like to see it too. I'd rather see Georges vs Anderson and Nick vs Hendricks though.
12/1/12 12:48 AM
The Overseer
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in the minority of being more excited for a Hendricks-GAP fight? :( Phone Post
12/1/12 1:08 AM
madmav
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he has no leverage unless an overwhelming amount of fans demand gsp fight him over anderson/diaz imo..

12/1/12 1:11 AM
stonepony

The Overseer -  I'm in the minority of being more excited for a Hendricks-GAP fight? :( Phone Post

Hendricks has a much better chance against Georges. It will be a much better fight.
12/1/12 1:22 AM
Tap In
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shut your yap and fight hendricks Phone Post
12/1/12 1:53 AM
Pacquiao vs Klitschkos

Edited: 12/01/12 1:53 AM
GSP will likely fight Anderson. It makes more busine$$ sense.
12/1/12 2:34 AM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand what he's saying but c'mon to say it like you'll go on strike? Pssssh prepare for the prelims homie ... Phone Post
12/1/12 2:35 AM
Enemies

Strong words from somebody who would have been 3-3 in his last 6 fights if he would've been on the other end of the split decisions in fights with Koscheck and Mike Pierce.

Not saying his KO's haven't been impressive but refusing to fight unless it's for a belt is a bit much.
12/1/12 2:36 AM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is more deserving. If I did a better job than my co-workers and told my boss that I wont work unless I am praised mroe than the others I would be throwing myself under some serious negative light.

I know it is a shitty analogy, but seriously its a fucking bad thing to be saying. Say you want the hardest fight, say that you are the no.1 contender, but dont say you wont work unless you get what you want..
12/1/12 2:37 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks vs Aldo at 145 IMO Phone Post
12/1/12 2:37 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way should Diaz get the shot. He blew it with the press conference the first time then lost his last fight and then a suspension.

Hendricks has been taking out the competition and should be next in line. Phone Post
12/1/12 2:43 AM
N9K
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He's trying to keep money from my kids,"

Fedor mentality. Nice.
12/1/12 2:43 AM
TartanTopTeamSextoy#2

If Anderson vs GSP happens then do Hendricks vs diaz but if GSP stays at WW do Hendricks vs GSP and Diaz vs a top guy. Phone Post
12/1/12 3:47 AM
SickEyeDiaz
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No matter who you want GSP to fight, we all need to get together and light a fire under his ass...cuz I have this wicked feeling that he is going to sit on the sidelines for 10-12 months (or more) while the rest of us sit there jerking off wondering who he will face upon his return.

He was taking inexcusably long breaks BEFORE he hurt his knee...is this to become the norm? GSP will just remain silent to the jerk-offs in the press (Helwani) about who he will fight until they finally make the fight...at which time, Hendricks and Diaz both will probably have fought for some BS interim belt.

No disrespect intended, but GSP needs to get off his ass, get aggressive, and start defending that belt with passion.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.