UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attn DFW jr... GSP / Diaz = no brainer

12/1/12 9:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AK-BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are too many fights that either had to wait or didn't happen at all because the guys had to fight another fight first and somebody lost.

Diaz's loss doesn't even matter to most fans who know what they're watching so that's not much of an issue... You basically treat Diaz / Condit as a draw and they both got their shot.

Hendricks wants to wait... He can wait till this one is settled.

The fight itself is a mega-fight in it's division which doesn't happen too often when a division has had such a dominant champ for a while.

Perfect good guy vs in your face street guy. Completely polarizing... You would be pulling for one or the other, the build up would be intense, they legitimately wanna fight and don't like each other, and the fight itself would deliver stylistically. What more could you ask for??

If you're looking to break a million buys again, I think this is a main event that could do it.
12/1/12 9:40 AM
alkysmurf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes to much sense. Phone Post
12/1/12 9:40 AM
Brigham
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would absolutely be the bigger money fight.

12/1/12 9:43 AM
A bailie

Biggest money fight = silva. Biggest money fight GSP might actually take = Diaz Phone Post
12/1/12 9:45 AM
yellow's Willin
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retarded. Nick doesn't have a win in the UFC in years. Hendricks just plowed through the toughest guys in the division not named GSP or Condit.

I want the Diaz fight eventually but the dude has to be able to get a win in the UFC to justify it.

It's NOT a no-brainer by any means. Giving Diaz an immediate title shot makes the organization a complete sham.

12/1/12 9:46 AM
gooddoc

yellow's Willin -

Retarded. Nick doesn't have a win in the UFC in years. Hendricks just plowed through the toughest guys in the division not named GSP or Condit.

I want the Diaz fight eventually but the dude has to be able to get a win in the UFC to justify it.

It's NOT a no-brainer by any means. Giving Diaz an immediate title shot makes the organization a complete sham.

Hater Phone Post
12/1/12 9:47 AM
yellow's Willin
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also I think you overestimate how much Diaz doesn't like George. You're buying into the hype.

I'm quite sure I've heard Nick say that he respects GSP. GSP is kind of hard to hate. He is just looking for a big payday and you dopes are aiding him in that process.

12/1/12 9:48 AM
yellow's Willin

Edited: 12/01/12 9:48 AM
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

WTF am I hating on?! The dude's last win in the UFC was in '06 and he should jump ahead of a guy who has been mowing people down?!

Absurd.

12/1/12 9:50 AM
gooddoc

yellow's Willin -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

WTF am I hating on?! The dude's last win in the UFC was in '06 and he should jump ahead of a guy who has been mowing people down?!

Absurd.

He was strike force champ, he dismantled BJ, and arguably beat Condit (1,2,5).

You are either stupid, a hater, or both. Phone Post
12/1/12 9:57 AM
gooddoc

Billytk -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

Absurd.

Nick could earn a shot but hasn't yet, lets be honest the strikeforce title was a joke and even there he didn't fight their best, BJ is NOT the fighter he was when he earned his rep (and he's a LW)and finally I'm getting sick of hearing the fanboys say the Condit fight was questionable Diaz lost no question it wasn't even a split decision he won NO QUESTION
No question? The majority of fans and pro fighters disagree with your biased amateurish opinion. Phone Post
12/1/12 9:58 AM
6ULDV8
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO QUESTION

Glad that's settled champ.

12/1/12 10:08 AM
gooddoc

gooddoc -
Billytk -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

Absurd.

Nick could earn a shot but hasn't yet, lets be honest the strikeforce title was a joke and even there he didn't fight their best, BJ is NOT the fighter he was when he earned his rep (and he's a LW)and finally I'm getting sick of hearing the fanboys say the Condit fight was questionable Diaz lost no question it wasn't even a split decision he won NO QUESTION
No question? The majority of fans and pro fighters disagree with your biased amateurish opinion. Phone Post
The strike force title is a joke? You are the joke. Phone Post
12/1/12 10:13 AM
semtex0809
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf - Makes to much sense. Phone Post
This Phone Post
12/1/12 10:22 AM
gooddoc

Willy the Coyote - Hendricks has beaten 3 top ten fighters in his last five fights, brutally ko'ing two of them.

Diaz has beaten Penn, Daley, Santos, Moons, and Sakurai..... decent competition, but it doesn't compare.

Oh and he LOST his last fight. Also, since when is he a big money fighter? Since his PPV fight against Penn drew 250k buys? It doesn't matter who fights GSP, as he is the draw, not the challenger, but Hendricks is the no-brainer here.

It's pointless to argue with you goons. The hype for the Diaz fight would be epic. It is the hardcore fans that buy PPV's and hardcore fans know who Nick Diaz is.
12/1/12 10:26 AM
KingOfFighters

Gsp could probably catapult diaz into a household name Phone Post
12/1/12 10:31 AM
alkysmurf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its a very easy sell.

Step 1:Highlight Diaz completely dismantling bj

Step 2: then diaz talks about how he as well as the fans gets con'd out of a "dog" fight by Carlos, and then cameo's of fighters/Rogan, that think he took rnds 1,2,5.

Step 3:Then you point to how Carlos fought gsp, yet avoided nick

Step 4: the kicks! Show nick taking the kick talking shit, and gsp getting kicked across the octagon...

A well made commercial with those components will completely sell Diaz as a legit contender. Phone Post
12/1/12 10:33 AM
yellow's Willin

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
yellow's Willin -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

Absurd.

Um, BJ Penn??? Phone Post

Ha... shot myself in the foot there. Still - beating an old BJ who should be fighting at 155 is not that noteable compared to Hendricks knocking the heads off of several top tier competitors.

12/1/12 10:38 AM
AK-BJJ

For everybody screaming about Hendricks getting a shot... I AGREE! He just has to wait till after the money fight.
12/1/12 11:49 AM
RONxBURGUNDY
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz/Hendricks is the logical fight.

Diaz wins, he fights gsp.

Hendricks wins, he makes himself the obvious number one contender. Phone Post
12/1/12 12:20 PM
Diaz Shoes

Diaz vs GSP = BIG MONEY-BIG FIGHT-PRIMETIME SHOW_ETC
12/1/12 12:32 PM
EckY
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC giving Sonnen a shot despite coming off a stoppage loss at the weight class below and never winning at LHW in the UFC kind of opens up things like this.

12/1/12 1:43 PM
JTRipper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EckY -

UFC giving Sonnen a shot despite coming off a stoppage loss at the weight class below and never winning at LHW in the UFC kind of opens up things like this.

Didn't other people turn down the fight before they went with Chael though?

I wish Diaz would stop calling out GSP for now, fight Kos/Condit/Kampmann and then go back to calling him out all he wants. An impressive win over any of those guys completely negates the need for the "he's coming off a loss" and "1,2,5 bro!" arguments Phone Post
12/1/12 1:44 PM
gooddoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQmREDRV83s&feature=g-high
12/1/12 1:47 PM
rrg1

gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

Absurd.

lol @ this.

StrikForce Champ....what does that have to do with anything lol? Big fish in a small pond.

Plus he beat BJ...wow....he beat a 155 lber!

And he lost to Condit. No arguing over anything.

If he could beat just ONE guy in the top 5...hell the top 10 at 170 then let him fight. Until then he has to prove himself like everyone else.

12/1/12 1:50 PM
gooddoc

rrg1 - 
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -
gooddoc - 
yellow's Willin -

Hater Phone Post

Absurd.

lol @ this.

StrikForce Champ....what does that have to do with anything lol? Big fish in a small pond.

Plus he beat BJ...wow....he beat a 155 lber!

And he lost to Condit. No arguing over anything.

If he could beat just ONE guy in the top 5...hell the top 10 at 170 then let him fight. Until then he has to prove himself like everyone else.

Lets see you strike with Paul Daley.

We will see in a few days if BJ is a 155er when he destroys Rory.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.