UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nate Diaz: Maybe it's my turn

12/1/12 3:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Well yeah, it's a big fight," Diaz said earlier this week on a media conference call for the fight. "It's important and there's a belt. So It's pretty much the biggest thing going on right now."

A fairly typical Diaz answer, to be certain. Short, sweet and to the point.

But when pressed, maybe, just maybe, as much as his reputation is that of a street-tough brawler who's just as likely to throw up a middle finger at you as he is smack you around for three rounds – maybe Diaz is cool, after all, with being a champ and being in the limelight.

"I think it would be good because my teammates have all been champions," he said. "And I don't know ... maybe it's my turn with something like that."

read entire article...

12/1/12 3:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shaqitup
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz winning the belt would make him the most successful member of the team IMO.

Yeah gil, Nick, and Shields have all had major belts, but none of them were in the UFC.
12/1/12 3:29 PM
in_different
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weird to think Nate could be the most successful member of Cesar Gracie's team
12/1/12 3:32 PM
32Hunter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - weird to think Nate could be the most successful member of Cesar Gracie's team

just goes to show how good that team really is.
12/1/12 3:36 PM
Chardee Macdennis

Not a fan at all of the Ceasar Gracie camp but its definetly a great team and the guy who looked like the worst has a good possibility of being the best one on paper and maybe even for real of the entire team.

Since the Donald Cerrone fight Nate has looked incredible and the strinking is just as good as Nicks, just hope they have great takedown defense.
12/1/12 3:38 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/12 3:38 PM

Come on Nate, rooting for you big time.

12/1/12 3:40 PM
Lefthook33
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna see this fight live, cant wait Phone Post
12/1/12 3:46 PM
Dana Stern

When Mate was on the Ultimate Fighter and I really got to know him and take a look at his frame and his fighting ability, while I thought he was talented I felt he seemed a bit too weak and bit too small to ever be a true threat and tht
Anyone with decent skill and strength would be able to over power him. Really just thought they put him on because he was Nicks brother and had a bit of success in smaller shows but that he wouldn't have much of a future. To see him go from cornering his bro as a young kid to the small shows, to TUF, to fighting foot the title on FOX and really carry himself and handle his career in a more mature manner then a lot of the guys on that team is really cool. Sure he has his Diaz moments but it's nice to see him handle his business, make money, and turn into one of the best fighters in the world. Rooting for Nate all the way! Phone Post
12/1/12 3:47 PM
Dana Stern

Nate Phone Post
12/1/12 3:48 PM
Malvert the Janitor
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta say, I like Nate's attitude going into this fight. He's low key and even-keeled. He'll benefit from staying level-headed going into the cage. Here's hoping he pulls it off! Phone Post
12/1/12 3:48 PM
Dana Stern

Lefthook33 - Gonna see this fight live, cant wait Phone Post
You are getting to see one hell of a card! Hope you have a great time, nothing like a live UFC event when the card is stacked like that one is. Phone Post
12/1/12 3:49 PM
CLINT NJHC
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR NATE!!! LET'S GO MOTHA FUCKA!!!
12/1/12 4:25 PM
kickasspoolparty
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm really pulling for Diaz. There's not much else you can say except he's been on fire recently. If he comes in on point Benson is going to have a long night. Not saying Bendo doesn't have the skills to get it done, he's awesome. This is going to be an awesome fight! Can't wait!! Phone Post
12/1/12 5:14 PM
Carl Sonnen

I am definitely rooting for Nate in this fight even though I am a Henderson fan as well. Nate is local to me and I love the Diaz bros fighting style. I think he has a solid chance to win, but Ben is a strong beast, so it will be an interesting fight to watch. I would love to see Nate catch Ben in a sub. WAR 209.
12/1/12 5:34 PM
inf0
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"And I don't know ... maybe it's my turn with something like that."

classic diazism

12/1/12 5:38 PM
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Nate!

12/1/12 5:53 PM
BlueNamer
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing would make me happier than seeing nate go in there and get an impressive win and take the belt.
he has the opportunity to step out of the shadows and make a real name for himself besides the 'little brother diaz' tag. i cannot wait for this fight.
12/1/12 6:13 PM
SkooterFanForLife
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't help but think how he lost 5 Out of 8 not that long ago. Smooth runs through him.
12/1/12 6:33 PM
Chardee Macdennis

SkooterFanForLife - I can't help but think how he lost 5 Out of 8 not that long ago. Smooth runs through him.

He went up to WW. That division is full of bigger (obviously), incredible wrestlers, it made no sense for him to be up there
12/1/12 6:35 PM
Diaz_Brothers_Number_4_fan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate....It is your turn fo'sho!!!!
12/1/12 6:44 PM
Diaz Shoes

It's Nate turn!
12/1/12 7:40 PM
jonflesh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna be in Vegas when this fight is going on, anyone know the line for the fight? Phone Post
12/1/12 9:03 PM
chaplinshouse
714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"maybe" it's my time.  It's typical Diaz to not try and sound too tough outside the cage, but shut that cage door and woo doggie it's on like donkey kong

12/1/12 9:27 PM
OFC

I can't wait for this fight. 209 all the way! Been a fan of his since day 1 Phone Post
12/1/12 9:51 PM
Leghound
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern -  When Mate was on the Ultimate Fighter and I really got to know him and take a look at his frame and his fighting ability, while I thought he was talented I felt he seemed a bit too weak and bit too small to ever be a true threat and tht
Anyone with decent skill and strength would be able to over power him. Really just thought they put him on because he was Nicks brother and had a bit of success in smaller shows but that he wouldn't have much of a future. To see him go from cornering his bro as a young kid to the small shows, to TUF, to fighting foot the title on FOX and really carry himself and handle his career in a more mature manner then a lot of the guys on that team is really cool. Sure he has his Diaz moments but it's nice to see him handle his business, make money, and turn into one of the best fighters in the world. Rooting for Nate all the way! Phone Post

Good post, voted up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.