UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Anyone else pumped for the next gen consoles?

12/1/12 3:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
choadler
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've played vid games since age of around 5, some 35 years ago. The next gen will be vastly different from past.

Wifi/internet/cloud will be the new game delivery method, hardware should easily surpass software demands.

I hope the big brother shit doesnt get out of control, but I think the 360 is doing online right in this gen.

Next xmas after this one will likely be a good one. Phone Post
12/1/12 8:35 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I look forward to it. It'd be tits if they allowed gaming mods for Bethesda games like the PC. Either way, I love the Xbox and use it for everything media based. The future looks good! Phone Post
12/1/12 9:18 PM
Card
2320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully next year right?

12/2/12 2:52 AM
TheSwansBoingBoingedMyBaggies
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh, just buy a beast of a PC. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:39 PM
choadler
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Price will absolutely be an issue. Ive heard rumors of 2 next xbox versions, one super cheap for arcade type games, one high powered for true gamers. I hope this doesnt happen, but i can see the financial gain. It would take a chunk of nintendos pie, but it would also allow people to buy the big games.

I am very intrigued by the "immersive" patents microsoft placed. Who knoes what they mean, but im thinking peoe wont be that into it. The company is loaded so they can play with shit like this. They pushing for an isolated media gaming room in homes? Seems like it. Not exactly practical.

I will say that steam is awesome. I wish a console was avail to use on conjunction with steam. They are making one, but it might take a while. Phone Post
12/2/12 2:30 PM
orcus

Hardware is never, ever going to surpass software demands. 

12/2/12 3:19 PM
Tilla

No.

Rehashes of Call Of Duty and FIFA? Do me a favor!

New titles need to be made, period.
12/2/12 3:24 PM
dangerboy12
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There isn't much public demand for a new gen.

MS needs to really put some money into marketing a new system, and hold nothing back when it comes to teasers. If a new system comes out next year, then we haven't been shown or told enough about it. They need to have the public salivating to buy the new system. They need customers to think their 360 is a POS. They shouldn't continue to pimp it out the way Sony did with the PS2 after the PS3 was released. Nothing wrong with supporting it though.
12/3/12 6:28 AM
Jons Forsberg

cloud gaming won't become standard in the next generation, but perhaps the one after.
12/3/12 8:15 AM
LFTM
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not overly excited. As odd as it is at times I feel like constant new technology stifles innovation.

Things like graphics and huge action sequences end up playing a huge role because it shows off the new capabilities of the system.

I would prefer playing some well made artistic games with solid gameplay and decent graphics on the current gen.

Not saying I don't want new consoles eventually, I just think the rationale for them is one of the huge problems with modern gaming.
12/3/12 10:58 AM
deepu
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excited about what Microsoft will do with the next generation of Kinect. Might finally get an Microsoft console just for that.
12/3/12 11:04 AM
orcus

This has been the longest gen ever and the systems are wheezing. Far Cry 3 on both consoles runs at 25fps or less, with bad screen tearing.

Also funny is that despite this endless generation, 360 has had, I think, ONE price drop.

12/4/12 5:50 AM
MITman2k
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll probably get more interested as the time gets closer, and we know more about the specs/graphics power/games and gameplay, but for now PC is satisfying most of my gaming wants at the moment

12/4/12 8:48 AM
choadler

I looked at the steam big screen thing...

It looks GREAT. Steam games are often cheaper than xbox live, so thats one good thing. The sales are great. Phone Post
12/4/12 6:51 PM
MITman2k
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Yeah, I like the interface too. I have my computer hooked up to the TV, and control the mode  using a xbox360 wireless controller from my "comfy couch"

12/5/12 10:11 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your going to get framerate improvements, which we need, but not a whole lot more out of these new consoles other than LOW aa, everyone getting romantic about systems we know the hardware specs for and know will be comparable to a low end gaming pc.

12/5/12 12:15 PM
orcus

"know will be comparable to a low end gaming pc."

You think games on the next gen consoles will look like a current low end gaming pc? 

You're also wrong, we don't know the specs for the systems, just various rumors.

12/5/12 12:27 PM
BigWilliam
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even considering purchasing one at this point. Maybe once the price drops way down a few years after release.
12/5/12 12:57 PM
6ULDV8
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's going to turn into PC being the way to go and consoles not being able to keep up.  Shit's moving too fast for a console to stick around too long anymore.  

12/6/12 2:10 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 2:20 AM

Size, cooling and stability all cap the console far below the capacity of current pc hardware standards and allow for pretty precise speculation as to the range of performance. We don't know specific parts, obviously, but if you think they're going to come close to a 3570k or gtx x60 you are out of your mind, and thats a >700 build.

That said, i sure hope they do.

I guess my point is even if they do put comparable parts or better, this will be the smallest shift in graphics quality, after the longest generation yet, which is a weird situation and might disappoint some folks.

12/6/12 12:01 PM
orcus

The most recent rumors are:

Sources close to Xbox World magazine have revealed that Durango’s devkit features a “monster” 16-core IBM PowerPC CPU, a GPU comparable to AMD’s Radeon HD 7000-series graphics cards

12/6/12 1:25 PM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am pumped for new hardware, since most PC games are ports of the crap they are stuffing onto current gen systems. Makes for better PC games.
12/6/12 4:39 PM
BigWilliam
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know xbox will take those processors and cram them in with no ventilation. I predict the first production runs on their next console will be recalled after starting a number of large house fires.
12/7/12 11:08 AM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - You know xbox will take those processors and cram them in with no ventilation. I predict the first production runs on their next console will be recalled after starting a number of large house fires.
Chips don't run as hot as they used to with the lower TDP. That is as long as they don't try to do something stupid like a die shrink to save more power. Really hope they step away from power PC and embrace X86 like a boss. Phone Post
12/11/12 10:46 AM
MITman2k

I'd be impressed if the next gen consoles can run the majority of their games at 1080p and at 60 fps.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.