UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP rumoured to want $50 million to fight Silva

12/1/12 3:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a rumour from "someone very close to Georges" but Straka is apparently reporting it.

Supposedly GSP makes around $8 million per fight..... damn.

Obviously that would be after endorsements and everything but still.... damn.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/1/3715170/straka-georges-st-pierre-wants-50-million-to-fight-anderson-silva-ufc-mma

12/1/12 3:50 PM
Chris27

10 mill each I think the UFC would do that, maybe 15 but no way in hell are they going Floyd money.
12/1/12 3:52 PM
shaqitup
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well there's a few possible reasons he could be requesting that amount.
1. He thinks that's what this fight is worth to the UFC, and if he's going to risk the future of his career he wants a big ass pay day.

2. He's stating such high numbers to ensure it won't happen, just like Anderson said he wanted half the company to fight jones.

3. He's high balling to assure he gets what he wants.

4. he never said anything.
Porkchop

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - Well if Straka is reporting it, then that's good enough for me.

lol exactly.

We'll have to let time tell to see if GSP denies or confirms this.

It is loaded with hear-say.
Joe_Drogan420

lol @ 50 mil

is that even close to anderson silva money?
12/1/12 3:54 PM
CLINT NJHC
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him, this is a stupid fight for him that HE was called out for so if he has to make a jump in weight he ought to make it worth it!
12/1/12 3:55 PM
MITman2k
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, if true, GSP is saying screw : "Anderson Silva" money, he wants "Money Mayweather" Money

12/1/12 3:55 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone doubt that this fight would make 2.5 million + ppv buys, if marketed correctly?

And anyway, I don't think Georges is demanding 50 mil.

I am however sure that negotiations are taking place for this fight to happen right now.

Dana wants it, the fans want it. MMA needs it.

12/1/12 3:56 PM
Chris27

CLINT NJHC - Good for him, this is a stupid fight for him that HE was called out for so if he has to make a jump in weight he ought to make it worth it!

Actually its a great fight for him, he wins he is even more of a legend, he makes huge money, if he loses he went up to fight the GOAT, still would be WW champ and his stock wouldnt really drop. he would get credit for stepping up and taking the fight.

12/1/12 3:57 PM
Chris27

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 

Anyone doubt that this fight would make 2.5 million + ppv buys, if marketed correctly?

I am however sure that negotiations are taking place for this fight to happen right now.

Wouldnt even do close to 2.5 thats what Manny/Floyd would do.

i think UFC 100 numbers would be what they shoot for, around 1.5/1.6 mill.

UGCTT_EnderTL
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - Well there's a few possible reasons he could be requesting that amount.
1. He thinks that's what this fight is worth to the UFC, and if he's going to risk the future of his career he wants a big ass pay day.

2. He's stating such high numbers to ensure it won't happen, just like Anderson said he wanted half the company to fight jones.

3. He's high balling to assure he gets what he wants.

4. he never said anything.

Bam! lol

Entreri

Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ 50 mil

is that even close to anderson silva money?

Certainly not close to the $1.2 billion Anderson wants to fight Jones :)

Does he really want to fight Jones? From what I seen, it is more about dodging the question, NO, MAYBE, Dana, my teammates...

If I was GSP, I would asked for $100M as my starting point.
12/1/12 3:58 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him. Phone Post
UGCTT_Benwahwah
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would imagine he is requesting that kind of money as he is wanting to protect his future.

He has said in the past that if he goes up in weight he can't come back down. To me this is insurance in case going up in weight ends up being a really bad idea. Phone Post
MMALOGIC

Edited: 12/01/12 4:00 PM

the 8 million per fight includes sponsorship money... his camp is calculating how much GSP will potentially lose if Anderson hurts him and ends his career.

The problem is... they are assuming that he's gonna go undefeated in his next 10 fights.  Hendricks could knock him out 4 months from now.  They are looking at it from the wrong perspective.

If GSP loses to Anderson he's still making 8 mil a fight because his career at 170 is in tactt... assuming Anderson doesnt end his career or GSP isnt mentally broken afterwards.

If GSP loses to hendricks his 8 million dollar paydays are gone.

12/1/12 4:00 PM
J_Swift

Chris27 -
CLINT NJHC - Good for him, this is a stupid fight for him that HE was called out for so if he has to make a jump in weight he ought to make it worth it!

Actually its a great fight for him, he wins he is even more of a legend, he makes huge money, if he loses he went up to fight the GOAT, still would be WW champ and his stock wouldnt really drop. he would get credit for stepping up and taking the fight.

You should know that fans will rag his ass the same way they did BJ after fighting GSP. Phone Post
12/1/12 4:04 PM
Shroom Haze
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello -

GSP called out Anderson Silva YEARS before Silva even realized GSP was on the radar.
source? Phone Post
12/1/12 4:06 PM
Brigham
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe this for one second. Wait for Helwani to report it then ill consider the 'source' legit. Phone Post
12/1/12 4:06 PM
CLINT NJHC
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J_Swift - 
Chris27 -

You should know that fans will rag his ass the same way they did BJ after fighting GSP. Phone Post

Exactly. LOL at thinking people will give GSP all this credit. Uh, no. They'll trash him just like they do every single other fighter that loses, bc he will indeed, lose! Badly.
12/1/12 4:07 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

Wouldnt even do close to 2.5 thats what Manny/Floyd would do.

i think UFC 100 numbers would be what they shoot for, around 1.5/1.6 mill.

Meant to put 1.5 million + ppv buys

Manny/Floyd would tip 3 million imo

RICKYB
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

17.5 mill each Phone Post
Winston Wolf

Brigham -  I don't believe this for one second. Wait for Helwani to report it then ill consider the 'source' legit. Phone Post

12/1/12 4:08 PM
SkooterFanForLife
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Umm, you think this will do a million more buys than the record with no lesnar? Lololol
12/1/12 4:09 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

SkooterFanForLife - 

Umm, you think this will do a million more buys than the record with no lesnar? Lololol

Already pointed out my mistake.

Good effort though.

12/1/12 4:10 PM
Entreri

Obviously, GSP is much more likely to lose against Silva than Hendricks. Silva being the much bigger fighter, he can put a career ending devastating beating on GSP. When skills are nearly equal, it is size that matters.

And if GSP loses to Hendricks, I can easily see him reclaim the title via Serra II and back to massive paydays. Come now, Hendricks is good but Koscheck handled him quite well. GSP is going to take him down at will.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.