UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Caio Terra's got girls pajama party skills

12/1/12 6:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Carlos Condit had Team Cesar Gracie member Caio Terra to help hone his Jiu-Jitsu skills to prepare for the unsuccesful challenge to UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre last month.

The move infuriated Cesar, whose sense of loyalty is such that no one from his team can train someone who fought someone from his team. Carlos Condit beat Cesar Gracie protege Nick Diaz at UFC 143 in February, and the two may fight again at some point.

"OK we all saw that someone from our team got a camera and a few bucks put in their face and decided to show his true colors and stab his team mates in the back, said Gracie via Facebook at the time.

"No worries, that person is gone for good and I can't be happier. That person would also be wise not to show his sissy little face around here again."

Gracie brought Terra to the US in 2007 teach, after he had established himself in Brazil as a top black belt and trainer.

Gracie recently appeared on The MMA Hour and discussed the firing.

"He must be happy, because this is literally the most publicity he's ever received," said Gracie. "He a jiu-jitsu guy, he doesn't have any kind of MMA anything.

"Being the champ at 125 with the gi pretty much makes him a formidable force at a teenage girls' pajama party, or something like that. It's not a loss to us whatsoever in the MMA scene. Honestly, he'd never won anything before he came on our team, so he should be thankful. You know, people like that, they here come from Brazil, they're a dime a dozen down there. Trust me. They're all over the place, these little dudes running around and they're pretty good at jiu-jitsu. He comes out here in what, 2007, 2008, something like that, and he's won all his world championships since he's been on the team. And his first opportunity, he goes and does something stupid like that."

"You're one of the owners of the Buffalo Bills, or whatever, and you find out the Buffalo Bills' coach is going to another team to train them and give them the playbook. What happens to him? What does the Buffalo Bills' owner do when he finds out one of his coaches is going to go do that? Guess what? He's terminated. He's immediately terminated and there's not even a discussion."

"We've got to terminate people like that. We want people that we can rely on. And honestly, I'll be honest with you, this particular situation, it's not something that I'm that upset about. If we wanted Condit to lose a fight, we would send him Caio Terra. I'll tell you why, that's not even a dig. Caio Terra doesn't understand anything about MMA. He's never done any training for it or anything. You can not win a fight with the IBJJ jiu-jitsu rules.

"Condit would have done much better, he did great by the way, but he would've done much better had he just listened to his other coaches, Winkeljohn and those guys, and not sat there and tried to set up some complex submission attempt from the bottom while he was getting punched in the face. That's what lost him the fight, really."

"We're a tight team. We treat people with a lot of respect here. We give people opportunities that they've never had in their lives and we're happy to do it, but the minute someone turns around and does this."

"I heard [him say], ‘The Diaz brothers didn't call me.' It's like, dude, what? Who are you? You're promoting the Diaz's and Jake Shields? No, they promoted you. They went on YouTube and helped you out with your videos. They did all this stuff for you to make a name for yourself. They taught you the leglock game because you were getting tapped out all the time when you got down here, and now you're winning these tournaments and everything because of training with guys like the Diaz (brothers). And the first opportunity, you give him a little bit of money, you put a camera in his face, the guy's got like a Napoleon complex, and bam, all of a sudden it's like, ‘Oh, I'm in the news. I'm with Ariel Helwani talking about it. Cesar's pissed.' I've turned the page, man. I've already replaced the guy. I've got better people in already. It's nothing, so if we can get past, get over it, whatever, that's it."

Read entire article...

12/1/12 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brigham
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO Phone Post
12/1/12 7:02 PM
AyyAnt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I couldn't even read the whole thing cause Cesar Gracie is truly delusional.
12/1/12 7:04 PM
Malvert the Janitor
852 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When did Cesar come to the states? Was he born here? Serious question because he has no accent whatsoever. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:07 PM
aka_rtotheoh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see why he kicked Caio off, but fuck grow up a little. so immature. he and his fighters constantly throw hissy fits and its annoying Phone Post
12/1/12 7:07 PM
TheAlchemist
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1995 all over again?

12/1/12 7:09 PM
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/12 7:10 PM
I'm sorry Mr. Gracie, but you are the one who is the teenage girl here.
mofomike
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar needs a hug.

mofomike
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar needs a hug.

12/1/12 7:12 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the loyalty at Cesar's camp, fuck the haters Phone Post
12/1/12 7:13 PM
Mr Sponge

snowman95 - I love the loyalty at Cesar's camp, fuck the haters Phone Post
. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:14 PM
Malvert the Janitor
852 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What year was this?

12/1/12 7:14 PM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so........ wheres the pics of the girls pajama party? :P
12/1/12 7:19 PM
McBottery

Malvert the Janitor - When did Cesar come to the states? Was he born here? Serious question because he has no accent whatsoever. Phone Post
He isn't a real Gracie. He married into the family and took the name for publicity/money.

Also he is a douche. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:22 PM
Malvert the Janitor

McBottery -
Malvert the Janitor - When did Cesar come to the states? Was he born here? Serious question because he has no accent whatsoever. Phone Post
He isn't a real Gracie. He married into the family and took the name for publicity/money.

He chose to NOT take his father's name? Damn! Hope my son doesn't pull that shit.. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:22 PM
shootfighterbull

Cesar is a hilarious dude. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:25 PM
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McBottery - 

Wtf? So he married a lady Gracie and decided to take her family name instead of his own?!?!
12/1/12 7:37 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakuraba belt -
McBottery - 

Wtf? So he married a lady Gracie and decided to take her family name instead of his own?!?!
Thats not true you faggots. His mom is a Gracie by blood and he chose her last name over his dads. So go spew bullshit somewhere else assholes. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:39 PM
mmanthebay
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McBottery -

Some outlandish lies on here. Phone Post
12/1/12 7:39 PM
Malvert the Janitor

AllAmericanBoxing -
Sakuraba belt -
McBottery - 

Thats not true you faggots. His mom is a Gracie by blood and he chose her last name over his dads. So go spew bullshit somewhere else assholes. Phone Post
Hey, I'm not flaming anything. This is all news to me. You seem to be in the know. Why did he choose his mom's name? Was dad not around? If that's the case it makes sense... Phone Post
12/1/12 7:43 PM
dogfb
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - 
AllAmericanBoxing -
Sakuraba belt -
McBottery - 

Hey, I'm not flaming anything. This is all news to me. You seem to be in the know. Why did he choose his mom's name? Was dad not around? If that's the case it makes sense... Phone Post

I'm pretty sure it's common in Brazil for kids to take the mothers name. 

Roger Gracie's mother was the gracie too. His fathers last name is Gomes. 

12/1/12 7:45 PM
Malvert the Janitor

So back to my original question...when did he come to the states? Was he born here? Phone Post
12/1/12 7:56 PM
quality

McBottery - 

Cesar is a member of the Gracie family, the son of Sonja Gracie-Gronning (who is the daughter of Carlos Gracie)
12/1/12 8:02 PM
alkysmurf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im sure it would probably be different if he went to train with, bj, kj noons or any number of fighters anyone in the camp has faced. but the "disrespectful" way Carlos fought and "stole" the tittle shot is still a very fresh wound.

I used quotations because you might not see the fight that way, but guaranteed that's how the scrap pack sees it. Phone Post
12/1/12 8:07 PM
Malvert the Janitor

Voted down for asking if he was born in the states? Lol. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.