UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> You guys need to understand Cesar Gracie better.

12/1/12 9:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GSP'eedInMyMouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar is probably the most intelligent guy an all of MMA. I'm not even kidding, I'm pretty sure he is a genius. A real life genius.

I've only been around him at tournaments but I've never witnessed someone appear so intelligent while talking. He seems like a doctor, and if he taught at a school it would be ivy league. His english is perfect not because he had some better instruction or longer in the US than other Gracies, it's because he is so smart.

He is hands down the best MMA coach in the world, doing more with less than anyone else out there. I don't see how you can argue that, but I'm sure the UG will. Everyone doubts his team, and their training methods, but they continue to prevail (without PED's EVER).

But the other side of Cesar is his masterful marketing of his guys, and himself, and all without the Lloyd Irvin computer SPAM system.

What Cesar does is RESPONDS to any news about his team immediately and semi-controversially, but calmly and usually respectfully. He draws out his response touching on many points. He makes people think and respond to his responses. He basically takes news and makes it bigger news, OVER AND OVER. Everytime. He never misses this stuff. He even posts repsonses on his own site. It's brilliant and intentional, and could only be done so craftily by someone so smart. Lloyd is trying his best, but he doesn't have 5 guys fighting for UFC belts, so he keeps his mouth/marketing to BJJ.

Some of you might try to talk Cesar down, but if you have never been around him IRL, you have no idea. Even the Shamrock fight. Cesar was there for his team, marketing, and a check. Knew he would lose, probably was glad it was fast.
12/1/12 11:53 PM
Brigham
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

digitdigit - He sure has been acting like he's got a baby dick lately. Didn't Shields test for PEDS? SON OF A BITCH. Sorry guys...I fed the troll.
Shields tested positive for weed from what I've heard Phone Post
12/1/12 11:59 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar does have a great team of MMA guys and he does seem to be one of the more business savvy and calmer than some of the other Gracies.

What is the Cesar Gracie roster and what is the LLoyd Irvin roster of fighters since the op brouhgt him up.

Diaz Brothers

Jake Shields

Gilbert Melendez

Was Dave Terrell on his team at some point?
12/2/12 12:05 AM
manster
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

digitdigit - He sure has been acting like he's got a baby dick lately. Didn't Shields test for PEDS? SON OF A BITCH. Sorry guys...I fed the troll. Ummmmm, I thought his English is good because he's actually white? Don't answer because I don't care about you trollio and would rather castrate myself than come back and read your rubbish. DAMNIT, I have contributed a whole meal to this guy. :)

"his English is good because he's actually white"

Dumbest thing I've read today.
12/2/12 12:53 AM
Seats Taken
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightsfan - Cesar does have a great team of MMA guys and he does seem to be one of the more business savvy and calmer than some of the other Gracies.

What is the Cesar Gracie roster and what is the LLoyd Irvin roster of fighters since the op brouhgt him up.

Diaz Brothers

Jake Shields

Gilbert Melendez

Dominic Cruz, Brandon Vera, Phil Davis, and Mike Easton are who I can think of off the top of my head for Lloyd. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:55 AM
whatamess

this is my kinda thread

all props OP
12/2/12 1:02 AM
Toquinho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Cody! Phone Post
12/2/12 1:03 AM
ShanTheMan
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ the baby dick comment

VTFU
12/2/12 1:59 AM
6ULDV8
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great post OP.  

Sorry about the first response though.  I wonder how stupid it was before it was edited.

12/2/12 9:28 AM
greentrousers
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can pretty much say that about anyone famouse right now.

oh, dana white is not really like that, he is a genius because he gets people talk about him or ufc in any way good or bad.

oh, sonnen is not really like that, he is a genius because he gets people talk about him or his fights in any way good or bad.

oh, bill o'reilly is not really like that, he is a genius because he gets people talk about him or his show in any way good or bad.

oh, the kardashian is not really like that, she is a genius because she gets people talk about him or her show in any way good or bad.
12/2/12 11:51 AM
Ocean6

stopped reading at "respectfully"
12/2/12 12:42 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah Matt Hume is definitely not smarter than Cesar.

12/2/12 12:45 PM
fightsfan

Don't the Diaz Brothers have a Cesar Gracie affiliate school in Stockton?
12/2/12 12:58 PM
GSP'eedInMyMouth

greentrousers - you can pretty much say that about anyone famouse right now.

oh, dana white is not really like that, he is a genius because he gets people talk about him or ufc in any way good or bad.

oh, sonnen is not really like that, he is a genius because he gets people talk about him or his fights in any way good or bad.

oh, bill o'reilly is not really like that, he is a genius because he gets people talk about him or his show in any way good or bad.

oh, the kardashian is not really like that, she is a genius because she gets people talk about him or her show in any way good or bad.

You're actually correct. These people are very much palying the news and ramping up their own marketing.

The DIFFERENCE is, these people have other people behind them, except maybe Sonnen(he may be low level genius, but not Cesar Genius). Cesar is THE mastermind behind the team, the training, and the marketing of the guys. He is the MANAGER of Jake, Nick, Nate, Gil, not the coach.

He has managed all their fights, deals, and media for a long time.
12/2/12 1:07 PM
allforroy
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody coming up on their team? Does he get guys to join because of his awesomeness? Doesn't really have the buzz of a hot gym where fighters (other than Rhonda from what I can tell) want to spend time. Asking...really don't know. Phone Post
12/2/12 1:11 PM
GSP'eedInMyMouth

allfor and lil brock,

You guys are wondering about up and comers. Cesar has some incredibly amazing BJJ guys on his team. They own competitions all over Norcal but don't travel much from what I've seen.

However, think about asking if people have another Nick Diaz coming up, or GSP, or Anderson. That's not something you come across everyday. A lifelong martial artists with 100% commitment willing to train everyday. How many other gyms are realistically taking children to UFC belts? That's what he did with the Diaz's and they stuck together. GSP has been to about 250 gyms trying to learn from everyone he can. Diaz/Cesar keep it all in house, and will 209 all over GSP anyday.
12/2/12 2:02 PM
Legalize It
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I had no idea cesars affiliation with jake and gil was so loose. Phone Post
12/2/12 2:14 PM
TheAlchemist
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/03/12 4:05 AM

Intelligence does not necessarily equate maturity. 

12/2/12 11:23 PM
Blipty_Blurred

greentrousers - you can pretty much say that about anyone famouse right now.

Still don't quite get. More examples please. Phone Post
12/3/12 12:41 PM
john joe
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
digitdigit - Ummmmm, I thought his English is good because he's actually white?

yes, like GSP's or Arnold Schwarznegger
12/3/12 1:34 PM
cantuna4u
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have always loved the scrap pack. I have always rooted for them and been called a "Diaz sausage sniffer" and all that shit. But im telling you that shit with Caio is whack! I train at IMA in San Jose and can tell you that Caio is an awesome person and a good teacher. For him to take those things and share them is not a bad thing. To speak publicly in such a way about a "friend" is not becoming of a true teacher and mentor. I did not like it at all. Phone Post
12/4/12 1:24 PM
SickEyeDiaz
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ LOL you mad fuckface?! Phone Post
12/4/12 1:31 PM
GSP'eedInMyMouth

lol i pm'd u
12/4/12 1:41 PM
SickEyeDiaz
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thing we have you on here as the voice of reason. Phone Post
12/4/12 1:54 PM
MrMead
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightsfan - Cesar does have a great team of MMA guys and he does seem to be one of the more business savvy and calmer than some of the other Gracies.

Diaz Brothers

Jake Shields

Gilbert Melendez

Dave was Cesars first American Black Belt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.