UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP responds to Straka: "It is not true."

12/2/12 1:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Georges St. Pierre responds to Mike Straka's recent comments: "It is not true."

Looks like Straka lied to us.....
12/2/12 1:55 AM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/YWdD206eSv0 Phone Post
12/2/12 2:44 AM
HandyDarsh
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a rumor anyway, no one confirmed it did they? Phone Post
12/2/12 2:50 AM
Vote me down

Straka is a dumb ass, everyone knows it was $45 mill he was asking for.

12/2/12 3:00 AM
WestCoastMXC

Straka said it was a rumor and of course GSP would deny it why would he admit this when negotiations haven't even started. Phone Post
12/2/12 4:26 AM
Rodger Ramrod

if you believe anything straka "reports"... i hate you. Phone Post
12/2/12 7:24 AM
victorpoprock
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP himself said a couple years ago he was making 4-5 million a fight. So 8 million a fight now isn't that far fetched. The only part I would question is the 50 million dollar request to fight Anderson. 

12/2/12 7:39 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

victorpoprock - 

GSP himself said a couple years ago he was making 4-5 million a fight. So 8 million a fight now isn't that far fetched. The only part I would question is the 50 million dollar request to fight Anderson. 

Ye, I hope you really question the 50 mil request, now that GSP himself said it's bullshit.

Seems questionable.

12/2/12 8:03 AM
caposa
1704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sounds like something someone would say jokingly. "Yea, I'll fight him for 50 million dollars." Straka probably took it literally and thought he had a scoop or something. God the MMA media sucks. Phone Post
12/2/12 8:09 AM
Entreri

he lied

or he heard it from somebody close to gsp, who probably said it as a joke
12/2/12 9:55 AM
le

You know what they say about the grape vine. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:08 AM
Jaybrone
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact that MMA "journalists" continue to report things that have no basis in verifiable fact is sad and irresponsible. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:14 AM
Green Vermonster
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rodger Ramrod -  if you believe anything straka "reports"... i hate you. Phone Post

Never really heard of him before, but his credibility is definitely shot.
12/2/12 10:14 AM
Entreri

It is also possible that this was done as a negotiation ploy by somebody in GSP's group.

Dana: OMG 50M, that crazy bastard.

GSP: 25M.

Dana: That is much better.
12/2/12 11:13 AM
Brigham
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I said, if Helwani doesn't confirm or even acknowledge a rumor I tend to not believe it. Straka seems like a nice guy but rarely do I believe anything he reports. Phone Post
12/2/12 12:38 PM
ChaosOverkill
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Straka lying? Oh what a shocker!

12/2/12 3:31 PM
Kings21
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -  It sounds like something someone would say jokingly. "Yea, I'll fight him for 50 million dollars." Straka probably took it literally and thought he had a scoop or something. God the MMA media sucks. Phone Post

If you're a fan of ANY of the bigger sports anywhere in the world, you'd know its not just MMA media. All media sucks and when theres no news they have to create buzz about some asinine "rumor" that some anonymous associate of a friend of a friend's gym janitor told them.

As I mostly just follow MMA and Hockey I cant tell you how many times, from the same "journalist" in hockey, that random nonsense that had no basis in reality comes out of his website. "oh theres a rumor so and so is being traded to team x for 5 players. I cant tell you who it is yet as the details are still being worked out but what I can say is that this trade is going to shake up the world of hockey."

MMA journalists are no different. Not better. Not Worse. They're all the same. Even the "great" Ariel Helwani reports on rumors that often are nothing more than someone stirring some shit.
12/2/12 3:32 PM
ChaosOverkill
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Straka "I heard somebody say something!"

"What's a context?"

"What's a source?"

"Please like me..."

12/2/12 3:51 PM
Authority Figure

12/2/12 7:20 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Straka's a douche. If you fall for anything he says you're a Moran. Phone Post
12/2/12 7:25 PM
ChaosOverkill

Radio Raheem -  Straka's a douche. If you fall for anything he says you're a Moran. Phone Post

Yeah, unfortunately this sport is notorious for posting "Just in case" stories by hacks in case the blind squirrel did find his nut

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.