UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I submitted a BLACKBELT IN BRAZIL! Round 1!

12/2/12 9:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brian Green
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thursday night, I fought in Fortaleza Brazil on the same card as Marcus Aurelio, against one of his blackbelt students!

I was originally supposed to fight Lucas Lopes, but due to Lucas' child needing emergency brain surgery (is what I was told--Praying for the kid, hope all is well, I don't have children, but can only IMAGINE how hard that must be on a parent)

Igor (my oponnent, who has like 4 different names) stepped up, to save the event from scratching my fight altogether. He was very tough! Strong as an Ox, and KNEW Jiu Jitsu! He took me down, defended my submissions, and GnP'd me for most of the round. Eventually he stood up over me, and I swept him! From my feet, landed a very strong left hand, it rocked him, I followed up with a right hand, he shot in on me, and I hit the arm-in guillotine, and HE TAPPED!!!!!!

It was on my life to do list to FIGHT IN BRAZIL, also, I have wanted to fight a black belt, to test myself I've won 85% of my fights by submission) I would say submitting a black belt in the first round constitutes as I passed my test!

This is 9 consecutive victories, (after 2 reconstructive shoulder surgeries on both shoulders). My record now is 32wins and 13losses. EVERY WIN by FINISH. Since being HEALTHY, I have lost once-by slam KO when I was chasing a triangle.(and I learned from it)

Now, I just want ONE run to fight for a UFC bonus. My heart and never say quit attitude have won me a lot of fights, and I truly believe it will be key in me bringing home a UFC Bonus.

Thank you for those who support me. Just wanted to share the good news UG.

Much love,
BG!
12/2/12 9:37 AM
tripleBak Big Rigged Me
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congratulations man Phone Post
12/2/12 9:40 AM
kid chaos
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats!! Phone Post
12/2/12 9:42 AM
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great read, great attitude. Thread needs bumping until a contract is done IMO.

Congrats

12/2/12 9:45 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, lmpressive!

What weightclass to do you fight at? Maybe try out for TUF? I know it isn't what it used to be, but it is one way to get into the UFC... Phone Post
12/2/12 9:46 AM
type138
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vtfu
12/2/12 9:49 AM
Brian Green
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InspiritMick - 

Great read, great attitude. Thread needs bumping until a contract is done IMO.

Congrats

Thank you for the support, all of you, but THIS!

The only reason I ever even fought Kimbo, was to bring attention to my 7-fight win streak (7 at the time-Now 9!) Because I wanted to earn a shot in the UFC.

I figured if I did half way DECENT against him, people would know of me, and respect me for taking the fight being undersized. MAN, did that backfire on me. I had no intentions of ever being a boxer, but I thought he was over rated, and that I could read his punches coming, and avoid them. Which I did for 99% of the fight.

It sucks horribly, however I'm not letting it deter my goal of WINNING in the UFC.

Thank you all for bumping this thread, and thank you for the POSITIVE attention to my current accomplishments in the sport. I hope to entertain you all on the BIG STAGE, VERY SOON!!!!!
12/2/12 9:54 AM
Massa
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT, you should have your manager calling the UFC daily!
12/2/12 9:58 AM
Brian Green

I have been at 185 for most of my career, but I am undersized for 185. If a fight opens up at 170, I'M DOWN! Just need probably 2-3 weeks to make 170. I've done it before, but it's tough on my body to cut the extra 15lbs, so I don't like to do it, unless it's a big opportunity.

I'm uninjured from this weeks fight (other than a cut up lip, and busted up eyes/nose, but nothing serious) I'm RIGHT back to training, waiting for an opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried out for TUF 3 times. They never passed me through the first round. In my opinion, it's because I have already had 40+ pro fights. I have been injured for a huge part of my career. Including a shoulder injury where it was dislocating for 25 months (from an event that didn't have medical insurance, so I couldn't get it fixed) Check out my fight vs Joe Vedepo on Youtube. You can see me dislocate it twice in the fight, and I STILL didn't give up. Didn't want to LOSE! (i was the champion) He got the call to the UFC the next week where he lost to Allessio Sakara

After going 6-2 in 2008, I got a probono surgery (Thank GOD) but after fighting for 25 months one handed, over compensating with my left, I destroyed my left shoulders' labram. :/ Surgery on Right Shoulder: 2009, and Surgery on Left: 2010. In April 2011, first fight back, I got slam KO'd when chasing a Triangle, and starting May 2011 was my first win of the 9 consecutive I'm on now.
12/2/12 10:06 AM
rowil

Good luck with the UFC. Your fight record looks impressive, you fight *a lot*, damn.
12/2/12 10:09 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Sign this man blaffy-poo!!!! Do it. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:10 AM
Machine250
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats
12/2/12 10:14 AM
clattymine
581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I could, I'd sticky this thread. 

Congrats man, great attitude, great way to come back after injuries.  Having and completing life goals is awesome. Keep it up. 

12/2/12 10:17 AM
lildragonof
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow awesome stuff!
Congrats bro. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:22 AM
Brian Green

Thank you all so much for the support! I hope this thread gets some attention. I've seen several people getting shots with 4-fight win streaks. I sure hope 9 is sufficient!

If DFW, or Joe Silva read this, or you know them, Please forward!! just one opportunity, and I PROMISE I won't disappoint. Short notice, With Notice, don't matter to me. Just ONE chance!

I have more heart than anyone in this sport. I'm healthy, Let me get this chance!

Bout to get on a flight now. Have a blessed day UG! and again, THANKS!!!!!!
12/2/12 10:36 AM
Machine250
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which is a more satisfying.accomplishment? This submission victory, or marrying Megan Fox??? Congrats on both!!!
12/2/12 11:04 AM
stevia's sex slave
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you know who won the Aurelio fight?

I train at the same gym as his opponent, but haven't heard anything yet. Phone Post
12/2/12 11:10 AM
fryabusa
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, you have 32 wins and all by finish?  Forget TUF, you need a UFC deal stat.  At least Bellator or maybe One FC.

12/2/12 11:11 AM
Tat2tillidie
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Wow, lmpressive!

What weightclass to do you fight at? Maybe try out for TUF? I know it isn't what it used to be, but it is one way to get into the UFC... Phone Post
. Phone Post
12/2/12 11:12 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great job! You've got to be sailing on cloud nine right now! Phone Post
12/2/12 11:27 AM
rockemsockem
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impressive! Keep up the good work Phone Post
12/2/12 11:31 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Green - Thursday night, I fought in Fortaleza Brazil on the same card as Marcus Aurelio, against one of his blackbelt students!

I was originally supposed to fight Lucas Lopes, but due to Lucas' child needing emergency brain surgery (is what I was told--Praying for the kid, hope all is well, I don't have children, but can only IMAGINE how hard that must be on a parent)

Igor (my oponnent, who has like 4 different names) stepped up, to save the event from scratching my fight altogether. He was very tough! Strong as an Ox, and KNEW Jiu Jitsu! He took me down, defended my submissions, and GnP'd me for most of the round. Eventually he stood up over me, and I swept him! From my feet, landed a very strong left hand, it rocked him, I followed up with a right hand, he shot in on me, and I hit the arm-in guillotine, and HE TAPPED!!!!!!

It was on my life to do list to FIGHT IN BRAZIL, also, I have wanted to fight a black belt, to test myself I've won 85% of my fights by submission) I would say submitting a black belt in the first round constitutes as I passed my test!

This is 9 consecutive victories, (after 2 reconstructive shoulder surgeries on both shoulders). My record now is 32wins and 13losses. EVERY WIN by FINISH. Since being HEALTHY, I have lost once-by slam KO when I was chasing a triangle.(and I learned from it)

Now, I just want ONE run to fight for a UFC bonus. My heart and never say quit attitude have won me a lot of fights, and I truly believe it will be key in me bringing home a UFC Bonus.

Thank you for those who support me. Just wanted to share the good news UG.

Much love,
BG!

12/2/12 11:32 AM
AK-BJJ

Awesome to see life after 90210 has treated you well...

Ok sorry nobody did that yet :) FUCKING CONGRATS!!! Awesome story you'll have forever!

TTT for the UFC!
12/2/12 11:33 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevia's sex slave -  Do you know who won the Aurelio fight?

I train at the same gym as his opponent, but haven't heard anything yet. Phone Post

12/2/12 11:33 AM
Brigham
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are on a HUGE hot streak right now. keep it up man!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.