UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> GSP on $50,000,000 rumor: 'It is not true'

12/2/12 9:36 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The MMA Beat's Mike Straka recently said that UFC Welterweight champion wanted $50,000,000 to fight Anderson Silva.

"I was told by somebody very close to Georges that Georges today makes close to $8 million a fight," related Straka. "So to fight Anderson Silva he's going to ask for $50,000,000."

"Because he said that Georges has ten fights left in his career at $8,000,000 a fight. But he believes that Anderson could actually hurt him, could physically hurt him and end his career. So to take that chance he wants $50 million and that's exactly the number he's going to go to Dana White with."

Most fans were dismissive of the figure, and in an interview with Canada's 98.5 FM, GSP was too.

"I have not been informed of this, it is not true," said GSP. "Nobody told me about it and I am in France now, I have not seen the article."

Read entire article...

12/2/12 9:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
10711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

So strange to see UG blog be the one clearing things up.

...after someone else already cleared it up. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Trane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's this clown Straka, irresponisible journalism at its finest.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.