UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How Dan McGuane got banned from MMA

12/2/12 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The one situation I'd agree with you in is non-violent drug charges, but that's because I'm vehemently opposed to the war on drugs. Not to mention it's fucked up when a guy can't even get a job at McDonals because of a past felony...

But if a guy curb stomps a man into the ground and kills him, well I wouldn't bar him from training with me, but that's not the type of man I'd want representing my organization lol
12/2/12 11:38 PM
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty crazy story, good job Ben.
12/2/12 11:41 PM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Thanks for post it Ben!!

12/2/12 11:44 PM
alkysmurf
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry that post was meant for Othello.

Here is the thing, judge him all you want, I judge people all the time, however remember you might be throwing the last straw on the camels back so to speak.

The largest cause of recidivism is underemployment. Yet that's the first thing stripped from criminals, wonder how they plan on making a living.

In reality I think most people should have a problem with the judiciary system if they dissapprove of a man being free after serving his sentence. Phone Post
12/3/12 12:10 AM
Seats Taken
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 -

I read the article just now, great piece.  I do feel bad for the guy, he served his time and now people won't let him move on with his life.  How many platinum selling musicians have served time for similar crimes and you don't hear people out bitching about it.

Fuck if you couldn't be a pro athlete after commiting a violent crime there wouldn't be a Cincinatti Bengals.

When PacMan Jones was a senior at WVU I was a freshman. He and is gang were all just thugs, they sold drugs, beat people up and were involved in several incidences that there were shots fired and a few days later nothing was ever said again... Making it to the NFL didn't change a thing either. Phone Post
12/3/12 12:20 AM
youarewhatiswrong
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure the diminutive former class president with his girlfriend just approached a group of very large, arrogant and loud men, spit in their faced and tried to incite a fight. I'm sure that's exactly how that went down.

That scumbag is lucky that some scumbag lawyer got him off on some bullshit technicality, he's lucky that he can walk the streets every day amongst the decent people who are just trying to make it through every day without having their faces stomped into a curb.

Even in the article he's blaming other people, making excuses. How the fuck anyone would feel bad for him is mind bottling.

Also, Wu Massacre is a troll, please disregard the "I'm a lawyer" bullshit.
12/3/12 12:20 AM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, shit happens and people make mistakes. But when you have multiple people beat down another guy in the street and that individual dies - 2 v 1 - no excuse in the world is going to rationalize that.

Second chance? He's no longer in jail. He can see his mother, everyday if he wants. Doesn't mean I'll condone him making a living trying to knock some other dudes head off. No thanks.
12/3/12 12:28 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssAssassin - "Brah, I was just defending my brother while he assaulted another man, effectively making it 2 v 1."

Stop fighting, stop training. Become a pacifist Buddhist monk. If you truly felt bad you would never be able to hit another human being. How could you without picturing the face of the person you killed and the faces of the family who now suffer as the result of your actions?

Or possibly he is a young man with an aggression problem who uses professional fighting as his outlet instead of continuing to get into bar fights which caused his incarciration in the first place?

People on this site glorify street fights all the time, hell there was a thread the other day with a guy getting soccer kicked shortly after coming to from being knocked out and people laughing and joking about it.  None of us here even know the entire situation with this guy and everyone is demonizing him.  Not to mention, even though I have a 2010 join date I did lurk here for a very long time before joining and seen many stories on here about street fights and bar fights that many of the pro's have been involved in.  Hell, Uncle Creepy will gladly tell you about how him and a couple of other pro's beat the hell out of a gang of frat boys.  Fighters get into fights, having them do so in a cage then out on the street is a much safer option for everyone.

12/3/12 12:50 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssAssassin - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
AssAssassin - "Brah, I was just defending my brother while he assaulted another man, effectively making it 2 v 1."

Stop fighting, stop training. Become a pacifist Buddhist monk. If you truly felt bad you would never be able to hit another human being. How could you without picturing the face of the person you killed and the faces of the family who now suffer as the result of your actions?

Or possibly he is a young man with an aggression problem who uses professional fighting as his outlet instead of continuing to get into bar fights which caused his incarciration in the first place?

People on this site glorify street fights all the time, hell there was a thread the other day with a guy getting soccer kicked shortly after coming to from being knocked out and people laughing and joking about it.  None of us here even know the entire situation with this guy and everyone is demonizing him.  Not to mention, even though I have a 2010 join date I did lurk here for a very long time before joining and seen many stories on here about street fights and bar fights that many of the pro's have been involved in.  Hell, Uncle Creepy will gladly tell you about how him and a couple of other pro's beat the hell out of a gang of frat boys.  Fighters get into fights, having them do so in a cage then out on the street is a much safer option for everyone.

There is no excuse to ever be in a street fight, that is not to say you can't be the victim of assault and defend yourself, but such is CLEARLY not the case. I don't care if he insulted your mom, or your honor, or your street cred, etc. Walk away. You can always say nothing and walk away. It is a choice. If the person pursues you and attacks you, there will be no doubt who assaulted who and your innocence will show.

If you attack other humans you need to be behind bars. THAT is safer for every one. I take no issue with MMA being an outlet for aggression, but there is absolutely zero excuse to assault some one.. RUN AWAY / WALK AWAY. I don't give a fuck if you look like a pussy, lose respect, lose street cred, etc.

Fuck your respect, Fuck your honor, Fuck your street cred. etc. Be the bigger man and avoid the situation at all costs. The evidence and circumstance clearly shows no attempt at to defuse the situation. The other guy may share a portion of the blame, but he would be ALL of the blame if he avoided the fight at all costs. If you get in some ones face and instigate the fight (even if the other guy is as well) you ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

If he felt any ounce of shame or regret he wouldn't be able to hit some one. The experience should haunt him, and this horror should prevent him from fighting.

Dude, I didn't say anything about the whole mindset of someone getting into a fight, I'm just saying some people are hardwired to be more aggressive than others.  I know a few guys like that....One of them gets paid very well to basically beat up Russians a couple of times a week for a few thousand peoples enjoyment.  It's much better in my mind that he's doing that, then getting into some of the drunken fights I've seen that same guy get in back when we were young.

This guy has served his sentance, paid his dues, and wants to live the same life that's afforded to any other citizen.  If he loves mixed martial arts and wants to pursue it as a career who are you or I to be the judge of whether or not he should be, why not let his skills be the reason we judge this man.

12/3/12 1:17 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360

Othello - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - This guy has served his sentance, paid his dues, and wants to live the same life that's afforded to any other citizen. If he loves mixed martial arts and wants to pursue it as a career who are you or I to be the judge of whether or not he should be, why not let his skills be the reason we judge this man.

Sorry, he gave up his right to a normal life when he and his brother curb stomped some dude to death. He isn't afforded the same rights as a normal citizen because he is a convicted murderer. Being a convicted murderer gives other citizens the right to judge him however they want. If a vocal majority/minority don't want to see him fighting for Bellator, to fucking bad for the convicted murderer.

The vocal minority is the issue with America in general, so that tidbit doesn't really surprise me.  The internet has done wonderful things for you people.  I heard someone put it quite well the other day.  There used to be a time where the town crazy was someone everyone knew and could just ignore because they were by themselves, but now with the internet they can all come together and try to make their backwater vision a reality.

12/3/12 1:19 AM
Pilot201
2300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/3/12 1:20 AM
ddainiuss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he paid his dues? please.. he should've gotten at least 20 years for murder, not involuntery man slaughter.They mad it like that little kid got into fight and died after it with no reason
12/3/12 1:27 AM
youarewhatiswrong
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Othello - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - This guy has served his sentance, paid his dues, and wants to live the same life that's afforded to any other citizen. If he loves mixed martial arts and wants to pursue it as a career who are you or I to be the judge of whether or not he should be, why not let his skills be the reason we judge this man.

Sorry, he gave up his right to a normal life when he and his brother curb stomped some dude to death. He isn't afforded the same rights as a normal citizen because he is a convicted murderer. Being a convicted murderer gives other citizens the right to judge him however they want. If a vocal majority/minority don't want to see him fighting for Bellator, to fucking bad for the convicted murderer.

The vocal minority is the issue with America in general, so that tidbit doesn't really surprise me.  The internet has done wonderful things for you people.  I heard someone put it quite well the other day.  There used to be a time where the town crazy was someone everyone knew and could just ignore because they were by themselves, but now with the internet they can all come together and try to make their backwater vision a reality.

Says the guy who feels bad for A MURDERER.

Town crazies indeed. At least the internet has given you your voice.
12/3/12 1:33 AM
Vulva Fabulous
962 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later Phone Post
12/3/12 1:33 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360

youarewhatiswrong - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Othello - 

It's not even so much that I feel bad for the guy, I'm just blown away that a society can say they've punished someone, and then decide afterwards that the profession they have chosen all of a sudden is something they don't want them to do.  It's the kind of thing that makes a guy like that turn back into a life of crime to make money.  Hard to make ends meet on a McD's salary.

12/3/12 1:34 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360

Rockcod - Threads like this remind me of why I never leave the house without my sidearm. Some of you people are truly sick individuals if you think that violence is an acceptable response to words.

I'd love to see the rap sheets of many of the posters on this thread. I bet it would be a hoot.

My entire rap sheet consists of 2 minor in possesion of alcohol tickets when I was 16 and a DUI when I was 17

12/3/12 1:42 AM
CMX
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess there was only room for one convict in bellator, its funny Ray Lewis stabbed a man to death yet he gets to play in the nfl, vick is a felon he gets to play in the nfl, i'm not condoning this case but the others got to return to their normal lives Phone Post
12/3/12 1:45 AM
Kings21
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Othello - 

It's not even so much that I feel bad for the guy, I'm just blown away that a society can say they've punished someone, and then decide afterwards that the profession they have chosen all of a sudden is something they don't want them to do.  It's the kind of thing that makes a guy like that turn back into a life of crime to make money.  Hard to make ends meet on a McD's salary.

Its not like the guy decided he wanted to be an accountant. He chose the profession which uses the same skills and abilities that he used to beat a kid to death with.

I have no problem with people doing their time and coming out and getting a job but if, lets say, a guy stabs someone to death and serves his 20 years or whatever he gets, I'd have a big problem if he decided he wanted to sell knives for a living.

As far as making ends meet on a McD's salary, maybe he should have thought about that before beating a kid to death. Also he doesnt exactly sound like a people person. I dont think McDonalds would be the place for him anyways. He might kill them if the told him to hurry up with his coffee.
12/3/12 1:55 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360

Kings21 - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Othello - 

Its not like the guy decided he wanted to be an accountant. He chose the profession which uses the same skills and abilities that he used to beat a kid to death with.

I have no problem with people doing their time and coming out and getting a job but if, lets say, a guy stabs someone to death and serves his 20 years or whatever he gets, I'd have a big problem if he decided he wanted to sell knives for a living.

As far as making ends meet on a McD's salary, maybe he should have thought about that before beating a kid to death. Also he doesnt exactly sound like a people person. I dont think McDonalds would be the place for him anyways. He might kill them if the told him to hurry up with his coffee.

Did you even read Ben's article?  It states right in there that the guy has been speaking to kids about anti-violence initatives and otherwise bettering his life as well as training in MMA (which many people see martial arts as a way of bettering your life in many different ways as well)

I can understand peoples trepidition with him, but to me it does seem like he has shown plenty of remorse, he was more than forward with Bellator when they signed him and is just trying to move on with his life which legally he should be allowed to do.  Creating double standards is always a dangereous thing.

12/3/12 2:39 AM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockcod - 
AssAssassin - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 

There is no excuse to ever be in a street fight, that is not to say you can't be the victim of assault and defend yourself, but such is CLEARLY not the case. I don't care if he insulted your mom, or your honor, or your street cred, etc. Walk away. You can always say nothing and walk away. It is a choice. If the person pursues you and attacks you, there will be no doubt who assaulted who and your innocence will show.

If you attack other humans you need to be behind bars. THAT is safer for every one. I take no issue with MMA being an outlet for aggression, but there is absolutely zero excuse to assault some one.. RUN AWAY / WALK AWAY. I don't give a fuck if you look like a pussy, lose respect, lose street cred, etc.

Fuck your respect, Fuck your honor, Fuck your street cred. etc. Be the bigger man and avoid the situation at all costs. The evidence and circumstance clearly shows no attempt at to defuse the situation. The other guy may share a portion of the blame, but he would be ALL of the blame if he avoided the fight at all costs. If you get in some ones face and instigate the fight (even if the other guy is as well) you ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

If he felt any ounce of shame or regret he wouldn't be able to hit some one. The experience should haunt him, and this horror should prevent him from fighting.

Finally, a voice of reason.

VU
12/3/12 3:25 AM
bigJ6464
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seats Taken -
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 -

I read the article just now, great piece.  I do feel bad for the guy, he served his time and now people won't let him move on with his life.  How many platinum selling musicians have served time for similar crimes and you don't hear people out bitching about it.

Fuck if you couldn't be a pro athlete after commiting a violent crime there wouldn't be a Cincinatti Bengals.

When PacMan Jones was a senior at WVU I was a freshman. He and is gang were all just thugs, they sold drugs, beat people up and were involved in several incidences that there were shots fired and a few days later nothing was ever said again... Making it to the NFL didn't change a thing either. Phone Post
Lol Pac Man ran from my buddy one night about a block from Bent Willys when he relized my buddy was a freakin monster.Pac Man walks by says some stupid cracker shit my buddy looked small hunkered down between 2 cars.

WVU vs Syracuse in the bowl game give me a fukin break .Yawn!!!!! Phone Post
12/3/12 3:29 AM
bakobell

He may have paid his debt to society in a legal sense, But mma is a sport. And sport is supported and paid for by the fans. So obviously the fans voted him off the island. And for good reason I think. And the sports management isnt going to die on any hill in support of an unheard of fighter like this guy when there's so many talented people who are "fighting" for the same spot. Phone Post
12/3/12 5:46 AM
JOB
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read that article - If it was supposed to redeem him, it failed him miserably. I read it not knowing a thing about him - and now I'm glad he's banned. Sounds like a cunt.
12/3/12 5:50 AM
Thacommish
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Kings21 - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Othello - 

Did you even read Ben's article?  It states right in there that the guy has been speaking to kids about anti-violence initatives and otherwise bettering his life as well as training in MMA (which many people see martial arts as a way of bettering your life in many different ways as well)

I can understand peoples trepidition with him, but to me it does seem like he has shown plenty of remorse, he was more than forward with Bellator when they signed him and is just trying to move on with his life which legally he should be allowed to do.  Creating double standards is always a dangereous thing.

training and talking to kids is all well and good, and yes martial arts is a way to better your life in many different ways.... however prize fighting isnt synonymous with that and that is what people are upset over, not him training or encouraging kids to do so instead of fighting. personally i just dont want to see this guy get into a system where he is rewarded for doing what he was punished for. There are other ways to make a living, might do him some good to explore those options and enjoy it. Its a better option than the kid who died got.
12/3/12 6:17 AM
flicken

AssAssassin -
kwnel2178 - I have mixed feelings about this story, certainly I can empathise with the family of the victim, but at the same time I believe in redemption. I the man has served his sentence and seems remorseful, then maybe he should be given a chance.
Boxing has been way more forgiven than MMA when it comes to criminals, Micheal Bennett, Ricky Womack, and Cliford Ettiene were all convicted of armed-robbery. Tony Ayala was convicted of rape on an underage girl, and then on ESPN he made a statment bragging about how he went to prison for rape and how he didn't need protective custody.

Now lets hope that Bellator doesn't sign Rasul Mirzayev, who did the same exact thing and has shown no remorse.

Redemption? Sorry but if you murder some one, and serve your prison sentence, you still leave prison a murderer. You will always be a murderer. The death of your victim is permanent, and so is your status as a murderer, and so should be the shame. You aren't washed clean by a prison sentence. This isn't a "trade" of your time in exchange for the life of another person.
Exactly. Where is his victims second chance at life? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.