UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Vitamins and supplements

12/2/12 8:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Canadian Eh
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't take either. Could some one accuse me on what I should be taking on a daily bases for vitamins? I'm 24 male, good physical shape. If that makes a difference.

Thanks, Tyler. Phone Post
12/3/12 5:30 AM
Flying knee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canadian Eh - I don't take either. Could some one accuse me on what I should be taking on a daily bases for vitamins? I'm 24 male, good physical shape. If that makes a difference.

Thanks, Tyler. Phone Post
You don't REALLY need anything if your diets right. But the only things I ever suggest are a quality whey protein, multi vit and fish oil. Don't buy the cheap shit you get what you pay for especially with fish oil. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:51 AM
Canadian Eh
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wicked thanks bud. Diet is pretty bad lol. Living out of a hotel for work so lots of fast food. Phone Post
12/3/12 1:38 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I posted a while back about tips for road warriors. Skipping the fast food is one of them. I always book a hotel with at least a microwave and fridge, a kitchenette is better. My default in the US if the homewood suites because it comes with a full sized fridge and full kitchen.

Grocery shop right after you check in, and make sure you get some of those cheap resealable containers to use while you're there. Then just pre-cook/prep into the containers. Makes it real easy to throw stuff together quick when you need to. I'm a big fan of healthy tacos, sandwiches and protein salads.

No supplements are gonna save you from a bad diet, with that said I always bag a baggie of:

1-Multi vitamin
2-Chia seeds (sub fish oil if you want, I'm vegan)
3-Protein powder (I use one with BCAAs and glutamine)
12/4/12 11:34 AM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supplements / Health Foods

Today the health food industry is a multi-billion dollar business. Why? Money, money, money. More fraud and half-truths exist in the area of nutrition than in any other segment of the fitness industry. We are a gullible public. For years we’ve been told to take a pill or potion for any ailment that we have. We want a quick fix. Enthusiasts have discarded the basic food groups for amino acids, vitamins, fat burners, and energy bars. Athletes are the most gullible. Often they have little or no knowledge of what they’re taking. Some will try anything if they think it might give them an edge. Unfortunately many people taking supplements are less inclined to eat a balanced diet, and often choose pills and potions instead of eating meals.

The Food and Drug Administration doesn’t control food supplements. Laws don’t exist to protect the consumer. There’s no guarantee that what’s on the label is actually in the bottle.

"Caveat Emptor"

TAKU
12/17/12 8:34 AM
The Diet Butcher
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there a recommended multi vitamin as far as brand goes? I'm looking for one that is higher quality. I know many people on here use Animal Pak, just wondering if that or any others are worthwhile.
4/9/13 2:09 PM
jasonhightower
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.multivitaminguide.org/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.