UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Javi Vazquez and Renato Laranja on Inside BJJ

12/8/12 12:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joshjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12 -
Wings&Things - Isn't Javi married to Rose Gracie? Thus making him Rorion's son-in-law? Isn't Rose in charge of the Gracie Nationals? That would probably explain his view.

its rose's tournie and give javi some respect.he has his own views after 15 yr s of bjj.

Javi def deserves respect, he is an amazing Blackbelt and an OG Phone Post
12/8/12 10:04 AM
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu - 
12 - 
HolyAvengerP5 - 
joshjitsu - I want to like Javier but damn... He is drinking the Torrance Academy kool aid BAD!

They won't let people jump guard at tournaments because they would get slammed in the street, but they have no problem with being side mounted, mounted or back mounted for 15+ minutes?? Pretty sure if you're in those spots in the street you would get the shit beat out of you. He actually acts as if Ryron was the victor against Galvao!!

The whole GA philosophy is so completely warped it truly boggles my mind that anyone buys into it. That said, I do really like Ryron, he is a extremely nice person, I just don't agree with them.

^ yeah, it is beginning to be like the kung fu death grip

gjj works for the streets better than bjj

ok, go out and have street fights an prove it

oh no, that is illegal.

yes javi is drinking the kool aid ,after he drank from the carlson well.keep it playful is meant for a long bjj life.

they dont teach you to lay dn for 15 mins ,they teach you to move at the rightr time ,not on the clock.

we have a new member at gta that post on this board and trained w/ alliance for yrs.give him a 1yr or so and maybe he can explain what the difference is.javi knows.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Ryron was promoting keeping it playful before and during Metamoris.

They may not teach you to lay for 15 minutes but, I have heard them say not to have any urgency to escape from bad positions. When if this was Jiu Jitsu for the real world, you would want to escape and get away as quickly as possible.

All that said, I would love to spend a week at GTA and work on defense and escapes.

he was promoting keep it playful before and during metamoris,dont confuse that with what he did against andre.

keep it playful is for a long bjj life and a way to learn without being a rock  ( going hard in class and getting into a 10 min spar with little position changes)

the point he was making in his macth with andre was( im not as good as the world champ,i am not a world champ) but if i can hang in there ,go with the flow ,defend maybe i have a chance.

12/8/12 10:18 AM
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

josh if you make it out this way ,let me know so i can  try and get u the week of training for free.

on a side note,you cant always keep it playful in class ,sometimes u gotta show them.

had a brown belt tell jordan last week,you  always go easy (meaning, i didnt know you could sub me at will),even ppl at torrance dont understand it yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.