UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dominick Cruz Has 2nd ACL Surgery, Out 6-9 Months

12/3/12 2:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn

12/3/12 2:38 PM
TEX4N32
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he has a healthy and speedy recovey. Phone Post
12/3/12 2:48 PM
caseharts
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
caseharts -
caseharts - Honestly he should relinquish the title. I don't want to see barao holding a fake belt for a year.

He can fight for the number one cintendership when he returns Phone Post
And I consider my self a supporter of Cruz usually. And hope he comes back strong. Phone Post
He shouldn't have to fight anyone but the current champ he should lose his title but be guaranteed a shot upon return. Barao should be able to defend the belt a couple times in between. Phone Post

I think once hes stripped he can decide what he wants. I agree that the idea of getting right back in there for a title is fine, but this seems like a real bad injury. just my opinion. he can do whatever he wants.

12/3/12 2:49 PM
Gooner H Smith
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 - I wonder if they'll strip him of the title like they did with Frank Mir. Phone Post
I think they'll have to. Like said above, by the time he gets back it'll have been 2 years. That's way too long to leave a division (especially one as young as bantam) in limbo. Phone Post
12/3/12 2:49 PM
BaraoKix

LilBrockonmychest - 
JayBRO -  Why the HELL did he go the cadaver route????? That is absolutely ridiculous for an athlete who's career depends on the outcome of this surgery to choose an option so outdated that most surgeons don't even offer it anymore.

(Yes I've had my ACL completely torn and rebuilt... Via patellar tendon) Phone Post

Because they want to get a black guys ligaments/tendons to get that extra advantage.  He should see if he can get Jovan Belcher's.  He'd be flying around the Octagon in 6 months.

If this doesn't get somebody banned, its pretty F@ckin pathetic...
12/3/12 2:55 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ronda vs barao for the real title!

12/3/12 2:57 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barao will def defend the interim belt now
12/3/12 2:58 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
JayBRO -  Why the HELL did he go the cadaver route????? That is absolutely ridiculous for an athlete who's career depends on the outcome of this surgery to choose an option so outdated that most surgeons don't even offer it anymore.

(Yes I've had my ACL completely torn and rebuilt... Via patellar tendon) Phone Post

Because they want to get a black guys ligaments/tendons to get that extra advantage.  He should see if he can get Jovan Belcher's.  He'd be flying around the Octagon in 6 months.

Cmon that's a little too soon.
12/3/12 2:59 PM
HandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

Just a tad bit too soon for that one. Phone Post
12/3/12 3:00 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/03/12 3:04 PM
Dominick Cruz is still BW champion and has the champion's right to turn down a challenge from a new ligament.

Make a speedy recovery Dom!
12/3/12 3:03 PM
Pancake Syrup

Hell i'd like to see Pickett try and get revenge on Barao
12/3/12 3:04 PM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He must be pissed at the guy who fell on him

I sure am
12/3/12 3:14 PM
TX_432
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They stripped Mir why not Cruz? Phone Post
12/3/12 3:14 PM
andyman011

BaraoKix - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

There's so much worse on this site. If it was 3 years from now you would be laughing. It's not even that bad, he's saying he should take a recently deceased football players ACL which in all honesty would be the smarter thing to do.

I even though the joke was funny. Everyone is so butthurt, but it's obvious this dude was planning it and if you're stupid enough to kill yourself then Darwins theory is doing very well for itself.
12/3/12 3:36 PM
aarick161

Best wishes to Cruz on a speedy recovery. That said, as much as I like the guy, his title should be stripped.

On this topic, the UFC needs to set down some guidelines for how long a fighter can go without fighting before being stripped, before adding an interim title, and how frequently the interim title should be defended.

My thought is give Barao the real title and let Cruz have a shot at whoever the title holder is when Cruz is ready to fight again.

In Cruz' two year layoff the UFC has lost out on 6-8 135lb title matches. The solution of having an interim title obviously doesn't work in its current state because the title holder has the choice not to defend. A solution for this would be to mandate that the interim title must be defended at least once prior to fighting the real champion.
12/3/12 3:41 PM
BaraoKix

^ He killed a girl before hand, yesterday...

It happened yesterday, there should be a little more respect for everybody involved.
12/3/12 4:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 -
BaraoKix - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

There's so much worse on this site. If it was 3 years from now you would be laughing. It's not even that bad, he's saying he should take a recently deceased football players ACL which in all honesty would be the smarter thing to do.

I even though the joke was funny. Everyone is so butthurt, but it's obvious this dude was planning it and if you're stupid enough to kill yourself then Darwins theory is doing very well for itself.
There being other stuff that's worse is a pretty horrible reason to justify anything. Phone Post
12/3/12 4:28 PM
epic hero

Dom really did put Tucson on the map, I hope he can come back strong. I'm just worried that they will strip him of the belt because of the time on the shelf and the desperation of wanting Urijah to be champion.

Huge fan and he's a hometown guy so I really hope he can bounce back from this.
12/3/12 4:32 PM
BaraoKix

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
andyman011 -
BaraoKix - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

Good post. This isn't a football forum so we can say whatever the fuck we want. Phone Post

^ Most childish post of the day...

Say what yas want, I dont care but that girl DID get killed yesterday, her daughter is now an orphan. If yas got nothing better to do, go @ it...
12/3/12 4:35 PM
andyman011

BaraoKix -
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
andyman011 -
BaraoKix - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

Good post. This isn't a football forum so we can say whatever the fuck we want. Phone Post

^ Most childish post of the day...

Say what yas want, I dont care but that girl DID get killed yesterday, her daughter is now an orphan. If yas got nothing better to do, go @ it...
Nobody made a joke about that woman. All we mentioned was him because honestly a week from now he wouldn't be a viable cadaver. It's the only appropriate time. It wasn't even really a joke about him killing himself it was more the fact that he's dead and had good acls Phone Post
12/3/12 4:35 PM
buckshot44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did somebody say cadaver? Sweet jesus.. who knew?
12/3/12 4:40 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should strip him at this point. They did it with Mir when he was out for an extended period of time. Make Barao the undisputed champion like they did with Arlovski when Mir got hurt and just have Cruz get an immediate title shot against whomever the champ is when he comes back.
12/3/12 4:43 PM
Vote me down

Crying about a murderer lol

12/3/12 4:45 PM
Bounty Hunter

im not a fan of interim belts.

if it was up to me i'd either strip the belt, crown a new champion, then give cruz a title shot on his return, or set up an eight man tournament where the winner gets cruz on his return.
12/3/12 4:53 PM
Boofhead3
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn im sure that means that the interim title will have to be defended. I just hope they have enough sense not to give it to Fabrr Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.