UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC on FOX 5 Pick'em Contest (Free Blue Name)

12/8/12 7:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

idk how the points work but ive guessed every winner and most outcomes.

12/8/12 7:55 PM
Shroom
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mulletron leading so far
12/8/12 7:55 PM
Sex Chicken
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baden Powell is a rat at the dump to Emmet Ray.

12/8/12 7:59 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curious about the point system too. Is it just 1 pt per category?

12/8/12 8:00 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM - 

Curious about the point system too. Is it just 1 pt per category?

its in the initial post

12/8/12 8:01 PM
caseharts

if im right i have 48 points

12/8/12 8:02 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool thanks

12/8/12 8:07 PM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sex Chicken - 

Baden Powell is a rat at the dump to Emmet Ray.

No can defend!!

http://youtu.be/fhZIpgdH718
12/8/12 8:29 PM
Sex Chicken
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emmet is still better.

12/8/12 8:32 PM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emmet is really good. lol, thanks for posting!

Not too many picked Brown, hopefully that nice KO gets me back in the game.
12/8/12 8:32 PM
caseharts

Damn brown spilled my plans Phone Post
12/8/12 8:33 PM
itswhitty
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 8:40 PM
So glad to see Brown take that! I had picked Swick at first (even though I wanted Brown to win) but changed it to Brown to make my picks stand out from the crowd a bit more. I'm going to be interested to see where I stand at the end of this... Feeling pretty good so far!

ADD: Now that I notice there's a 10 point bonus for getting everything right on main card fights I'm just kicking myself -- I originally had it as a 2nd round KO for Brown, then changed it to the very end of the first, which ended up costing 12 points. I'm going to be bummed if that ends up making a difference...
12/8/12 8:36 PM
Megatherium

Fox is really getting a good show so far.

If this don`t sell mma, nothing will.
12/8/12 9:04 PM
itswhitty
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Mulletron, I'm trying to figure out my current score and checking the original rules and I notice this:

"...If you choose a winner by decision, you will receive five (5) points for the winner and three (3) points for the method.

Ten (10) bonus points will be awarded on MAIN CARD fights for guessing the correct winner, round and method for a total of twenty-one (21) points; nineteen (19) points for decisions."

Should that be 18 points for decisions, or am I missing a point somewhere?
12/8/12 9:50 PM
caseharts

hey I guessed the fight wrong. swick vs brown but I guessed exactly how it would end.

does that help? im not even far off on time. same round and everything.

12/8/12 10:36 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did I win? Phone Post
12/8/12 10:45 PM
itswhitty

caseharts - 

hey I guessed the fight wrong. swick vs brown but I guessed exactly how it would end.

I did the same thing on Edwards vs. Stephens... I totally called a devastating knockout in the first, but got the wrong guy.

Should have listened to my heart. I really wanted Edwards to win, but for the contest I figured it was safer to go with the favorite. I came very close to making the same decision on Brown/Swick, but fortunately I changed my mind at the last minute. Oh well, I picked 8 out of 10 correctly (not including the Trujillo fight, as I'd picked Means) and I know I at least chose SOTN correctly... Probably didn't get enough points to end up in the top three, but I feel good about my picks overall.
12/8/12 10:48 PM
caseharts

itswhitty -
caseharts - 

I did the same thing on Edwards vs. Stephens... I totally called a devastating knockout in the first, but got the wrong guy.

Should have listened to my heart. I really wanted Edwards to win, but for the contest I figured it was safer to go with the favorite. I came very close to making the same decision on Brown/Swick, but fortunately I changed my mind at the last minute. Oh well, I picked 8 out of 10 correctly (not including the Trujillo fight, as I'd picked Means) and I know I at least chose SOTN correctly... Probably didn't get enough points to end up in the top three, but I feel good about my picks overall.
Do we get points tho Phone Post
12/8/12 11:53 PM
itswhitty

caseharts - 
itswhitty -
caseharts - 

Do we get points tho Phone Post

I don't think so - pretty sure points only follow if you got the winner correct, except for FOTN I'm guessing.

I will say that whether I picked Edwards or Stephens, I knew that KOTN would come out of that fight, but I doubt it works that way...
12/9/12 1:26 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 -
GSP24 - Benson Henderson dec 5
Alexander Gustafsson dec 3
Rory MacDonald dec 3
Mike Swick TKO 2 2:22
Jeremy Stephens TKO 1 4:03
Mike Easton dec 3
Ramsey Nijem dec 3
Henry Martinez sub 2 3:36
Dennis Siver dec 3
Scott Jorgensen TKO 1 1:58
Tim Means dec 3 Phone Post
I knew I'd get the main 3 fights correct. Phone Post
Do u forgot your bonus picks? Phone Post
12/9/12 2:04 AM
caseharts

who won?

12/9/12 2:04 AM
caseharts

caseharts -  Main Card (Fox)
Benson Henderson decision FOTN
Alexander Gustafsson submission r2 2:30 SOTN
Rory MacDonald decision
Mike Swick ko r2 2:30 KOTN

Preliminary Card (FX)
Yves Edwards decision
Raphael Assuncao decision
Ramsey Nijem sub r2 2:30 seconds
Daron Cruickshank decision

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Dennis Siver decision
Scott Jorgensen tko r2 2:30
Tim Means tko r2 2:30 Phone Post

did I win?

12/9/12 2:07 AM
itswhitty

So before we know the official winners, what did everyone score? Assuming I read the scoring correctly, I believe I ended at an even 90... Came awfully close to doing a fair bit better, but that's how the chips fall.

How'd you fair?
12/9/12 2:10 AM
caseharts

I think I got 103 but im not sure.

12/9/12 2:11 AM
Mulletron5000
1344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just got through watching the fights...tabulating scores now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.