UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dan Hardy possible for Fuel7

12/3/12 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XxLiveBaitxX
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_15174.shtml

Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dan Hardy possible for UFC on Fuel 7 in London.

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

A welterweight bout between Dan Hardy and Siyar Bahadurzada could be coming to UFC on Fuel 7 in London in February, though the bout is not yet signed.

In comments made to Tatame.com, Bahadurzada said he's waiting for Hardy to accept the fight, but it's one he's definitely interested in.

"It's just rumor, but if Hardy accepts, I'd love to fight him in his yard," Bahadurzada said. "It would be an interesting fight, though I think I am a terrible struggle for him. He [would] not survive the first round."

The 28-year-old Afghani fighter made his UFC debut in April, knocking out Paulo Thiago at UFC on Fuel 2 in Sweden. He was supposed to return in July, but suffered an injury that took him out of UFC 149. Hardy picked up a decision win over Amir Sadollah at UFC on Fuel 5 in September, his second straight win following a four-fight losing streak.

Penick's Analysis: This could be a really good fight if the UFC books it. Bahadurzada is a vicious striker, and a bout with Hardy would almost assuredly be entertaining. Bahadurzada may be deserving of a fight higher up the ladder, but he'd be no less than a co-main event on this Fuel card against Hardy in London. Because of that, it's a fight that does make sense for him, and if it comes together it's a good fight for the London fans.
12/3/12 2:51 PM
UGCTT_mofit
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/03/12 2:51 PM

hardys getting knocked out

12/3/12 2:52 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be a great fight. Think Siyar takes him out, would be a high level name for Siyar.

Def could be Fuel main or co main event.
12/3/12 2:54 PM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad matchup for Hardy Phone Post
12/3/12 2:56 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bornop -  Hardy is going to turn it down, if he wouldn't fight Riddle there's no way he fights Siyar Phone Post

Most likely.
12/3/12 3:07 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Hardy outwrestled Sadollah in Nottingham. Maybe he would try to do the same with Siyar
12/3/12 3:13 PM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do want.

12/3/12 3:25 PM
Hikikomori

It's interesting how Hardy has said he's taking baby steps with his career after his string of losses. Problem is that there is no baby steps in the ufc. Hardy should have asked his bff Lorenzo to allow him to go to Bamma for 3 fights.

Riddle and Sodalla should have started on a smaller show as well. Phone Post
12/3/12 3:31 PM
InYourMomaCloset
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting fight.

I wish Paul Daley was still around.

Would have loved to see him Vs Siyar the loudmouth.

Hardy could be a great fight, but when Siyar lands them bombs it could be an early night for any fighter.

Siyar Vs Erik Silva would be better.

12/3/12 5:05 PM
UGCTT_Pariah

This fight would be awesome, definitely hope it's true. Phone Post
12/3/12 5:14 PM
Ocean6

InYourMomaCloset - 

Interesting fight.

I wish Paul Daley was still around.

Would have loved to see him Vs Siyar the loudmouth.

Hardy could be a great fight, but when Siyar lands them bombs it could be an early night for any fighter.

Siyar Vs Erik Silva would be better.

They gotta build Silva up again. I don't think they want the Afghani Killa to permanently disfigure Silva's pretty fave.
12/3/12 5:28 PM
BaraoKix

Itll be awesome to see Siyar finish Hardy, I cant even see him taking that fight...
12/3/12 5:35 PM
MMALOGIC

Hardy is gonna get hurt.  I would be surprised if Zuffa doesnt give him a more winnable fight.

12/3/12 5:43 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will be interesting to see if Hardy can work his ground game against Siyar like he did against Amir.

The standup exchanges in this fight will be very entertaining to watch. Don't see this one going the distance if I'm being honest... Phone Post
12/3/12 6:17 PM
InYourMomaCloset
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy Vs Rick Story might be a better fight.

Hardy Vs Alves if he's ready to return?

I'd definitely like to see Siyar Vs Hardy, but maybe after Dan has a bit of a winning streak for himself.

Would not be smart to accept this fight now.

Whatever about fighters being fighters and taking whatever is offered, this wouldn't be the smartest fight for him to accept.

12/3/12 6:26 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt he'll accept it but kudos if he does as I'm sure he's aware it's a very tough fight for him.

Perhaps hardy vs paulo thiago Phone Post
12/4/12 2:06 PM
XxLiveBaitxX

bornop -  Hardy is going to turn it down, if he wouldn't fight Riddle there's no way he fights Siyar Phone Post

Dan Hardy says he's not ready to return by February's UFC on Fuel 7 event in London

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Dan Hardy will not be fighting in London this February, as he will not be ready to get back into the cage until a little later in 2013.

That's what he told Siyar Bahadurzada on Twitter when the bout was proposed to him.

"Sorry mate, I won't be ready to fight in February," Hardy wrote. "Enjoy fighting in London though, the UFC fans are always great."

According to a report from MMAWeekly.com, Hardy is likely to return in April, though he hasn't yet explicitly stated his intended return time.

Penick's Analysis: That would have been a good welterweight fight, and it's possible they could still meet depending on how quickly Bahadurzada wants to get back into the cage. And there's got to be something keeping Hardy out beyond February, because he and the UFC surely would have liked to have him on the London card.
12/4/12 2:13 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Forget this then.
Siyar vs Che Mills. BOOM! we got a better fight
12/4/12 2:23 PM
AnakinHelwani
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ Hardy. He last fought on September 29 and didn't take any damage. He needs more time off now?

Nah, the UFC's got to line up someone he can definitely beat before he steps up.

In the meantime, let's watch Chris Lytle choke Hardy out:

12/4/12 2:37 PM
InYourMomaCloset

Smart move from Dan.

Last thing he needed right now was to step in with a guy like that.

No shame.

Erick Silva is coming off a loss and everything, but everyone knows his caliber.

UFC needs to make him VS Siyar; these are the kind of fights the people want; could be a co-main event easy.

12/4/12 2:38 PM
Andersons_Chin
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War siyar!!! Shame we haven't seen anything from him since his impressive UFC debut. Phone Post
12/4/12 3:14 PM
French Fries Malone
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats this im hearing.... hardy wont fight siyar, my ass,

hardy will fight anyone!!!
12/4/12 3:27 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy declined the fight when Sitar asked him. Said he didn't have time to get ready for London. Phone Post
12/4/12 3:58 PM
GelderdEnd

Dan needs to win a couple more fights before he steps in with Siyar, I like Hardy but it's a smart move, he has only just got back in the win column after a bad spell Phone Post
12/4/12 4:02 PM
ausgepicht

"Don't worry Mr. Hardy. We have a lovely parting gift for you. A highlight reel KO at the hands of Siyar." Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.