UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Attention: Kirik, Admins, Mods

12/3/12 3:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mookie Blaylock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been banned for the past couple of days. It's ridiculous.

All I did was I made a thread asking who was hotter between two different MFC Cam girls, and I didn't post any pics. Therefore, of course, I got voted down quite a few times.

I could not care less what my rating is, but I think it's awful that those petty stupid vote downs have prevented me from posting for the last couple of days.

This system is terrible.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention, to reiterate a point many others have made, that this system needs to go. Keep the vote ups/vote downs, that doesn't matter, but it shouldn't cause temporary bans.

I'd be extremely pissed off if I actually paid 30 dollars for a blue name.
12/3/12 3:33 PM
garythekid
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mookie/Blaylock 2016 Phone Post
12/3/12 3:34 PM
asbury

I think blue names get more leniency
12/3/12 3:36 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmmm

12/3/12 3:37 PM
Right Hand JO Power
946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "you know the rules" mafia here has grown too strong. I don't start threads anymore for fear of their mob mentality down voting. Phone Post
12/3/12 3:37 PM
PatK
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd take a closer look at the known homos around here and blame them

12/3/12 3:39 PM
Mark It Zero
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more of a Camwithher kinda guy, so I voted you down as well.

-Kirik Phone Post
12/3/12 3:39 PM
Barbartha
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up.

12/3/12 3:56 PM
Mookie Blaylock

thanks to anyone who has voted me up from this thread, although that's not what I created it for or was expecting...

I just wanted to point out how annoying it is that vote downs can cause temporary bans. Imagine how it must be for somebody like Art who is -500something last I saw.

A lot of people vote him down in a joking way, but it makes it so that he must get banned quite often. And he is a paying member of this site.

Rather than allowing vote downs to create bans, I feel it bans should just go back to being controlled by Mods (with great discretion), so that way only people who actually violate the site's TOS or act like jackasses can be banned.
12/3/12 4:00 PM
Mookie Blaylock

It sucks because now I really need to think twice before posting a thread or responding to a thread with an opinion that may be unpopular...

A lot of people will abuse the system (which of course is to be expected), but that causes temporary bans, which should not happen.
12/3/12 4:06 PM
Rouge Mod
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

You were frozen from votes down. Certainly you must realize that's a risk for someone who trolls constantly.

12/3/12 4:08 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who were the MFC chicks ? Just curious

12/3/12 4:08 PM
Mookie Blaylock

Rouge Mod - 

You were frozen from votes down. Certainly you must realize that's a risk for someone who trolls constantly.

I troll constantly?
12/3/12 4:09 PM
Mookie Blaylock

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - 

Ginny Potter and Aspen Rae
12/3/12 4:09 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
Mookie Blaylock - It sucks because now I really need to think twice before posting a thread or responding to a thread with an opinion that may be unpopular...

A lot of people will abuse the system (which of course is to be expected), but that causes temporary bans, which should not happen.

Making you think twice before making stupid threads is the point.

Let me try to help you, as your stated understanding of the situation is highly dubious:

1) You received vote downs not just for the thread you mentioned, that was only a part of why you were voted down enough to reach the threshold to be frozen.

2) Being frozen from votes down isn't new. It has been part of the system since voting was put in back in 2008.

3) The only differences are that now Karma is visible, and that the OP of a thread is worth more than 1 (I think this should be changed). Even the way it is now, it takes quite a bit to get frozen and the only people complaining about it are trollish. The "normal" poster never has to worry about it.

Seems like you're purposfully instigating people to vote you down as you're doing two things that you KNOW people will vote you down for. Not posting pics, and making threads whining about the voting system.

12/3/12 4:13 PM
Rouge Mod
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mookie Blaylock - 
Rouge Mod - 

I troll constantly?

Not constantly. But you have made many troll threads. You know this is true.

12/3/12 4:14 PM
Mookie Blaylock

Sagiv Lapkin - 
Mookie Blaylock - It sucks because now I really need to think twice before posting a thread or responding to a thread with an opinion that may be unpopular...

Let me try to help you, as your stated understanding of the situation is highly dubious:

1) You received vote downs not just for the thread you mentioned, that was only a part of why you were voted down enough to reach the threshold to be frozen.

2) Being frozen from votes down isn't new. It has been part of the system since voting was put in back in 2008.

3) The only differences are that now Karma is visible, and that the OP of a thread is worth more than 1 (I think this should be changed). Even the way it is now, it takes quite a bit to get frozen and the only people complaining about it are trollish. The "normal" poster never has to worry about it.

Seems like you're purposfully instigating people to vote you down as you're doing two things that you KNOW people will vote you down for. Not posting pics, and making threads whining about the voting system.

The thread that caused me to become temporarily banned was not a troll thread. Not even close to it.

Due to my mudname status, I was incapable of posting pics. Also, not posting pics, although it is not recommended when you start a thread about a woman, does not warrant a temporary banning...

The only other thread I was posting in consistently was an Israel-related thread. And anyone with certain views in a thread of that nature, can get voted down a lot.

Again, I wasn't trolling at all. And I was banned. It's an awful system. Surely you can see its flaws.
12/3/12 4:14 PM
Rouge Mod

sackattack3323 - 
Rouge Mod -

It's not just trolls though. Its ANYONE on here that doesn't share the same views as some pussy on here. I have never voted anyone down but I got 7 vote downs for not agreeing that Brady was the greatest qb. It's pathetic. Mods do your jobs and not leave it up to the trolls on here to do it for you. Phone Post

Yeah, the system does seem to have a potential for abuse. But you weren't frozen for that, were you? And the system also has benefits as well I think.

I dunno, I didn't create it and I don't have control over it.

12/3/12 4:15 PM
Rouge Mod

Mookie Blaylock - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 

The thread that caused me to become temporarily banned was not a troll thread. Not even close to it.

Due to my mudname status, I was incapable of posting pics. Also, not posting pics, although it is not recommended when you start a thread about a woman, does not warrant a temporary banning...

The only other thread I was posting in consistently was an Israel-related thread. And anyone with certain views in a thread of that nature, can get voted down a lot.

Again, I wasn't trolling at all. And I was banned. It's an awful system. Surely you can see its flaws.

You weren't banned. You were frozen.

12/3/12 4:16 PM
Rouge Mod

Mookie Blaylock - 
Aaronrodgers=GOAT - 

Ginny Potter and Aspen Rae

Harry Potter's wife?

Mookie Blaylock

Rouge Mod - 
Mookie Blaylock - 
Rouge Mod - 

I troll constantly?

I think there's a difference between trolling and joking around. Do I make threads sometimes where I embellish stories? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I did date Michelle Rodriguez. You don't know.

But what some would consider trolling, others would consider "harmless fun." Nothing worth being banned over.
Sagiv Lapkin
2054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
Mookie Blaylock - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 

I mentioned what I think the biggest flaw is and that I think it should be changed. Is it a perfect system? certainly not. There is no such thing.

12/3/12 4:18 PM
Mookie Blaylock

I'm not going to sit here and argue. It's a fact that the system has lots of room for abuse. I just think being frozen is a thing that Mods should decide on, so that there isn't any room for abuse of the system.
12/3/12 4:20 PM
Rouge Mod

Mookie Blaylock - 
Rouge Mod - 
Mookie Blaylock - 
Rouge Mod - 

I troll constantly?

I think there's a difference between trolling and joking around. Do I make threads sometimes where I embellish stories? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I did date Michelle Rodriguez. You don't know.

But what some would consider trolling, others would consider "harmless fun." Nothing worth being banned over.

That's why you haven't been banned. However, you were frozen from votes down.

12/3/12 4:21 PM
Rouge Mod

Mookie Blaylock - I'm not going to sit here and argue. It's a fact that the system has lots of room for abuse. I just think being frozen is a thing that Mods should decide on, so that there isn't any room for abuse of the system.

I believe that has been considered.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.