Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hargreaves
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPmWYxdqHVA

Awesome roll
12/3/12 6:59 PM
nowaydo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, great roll.

The different energy was interesting for Marcelo.
12/3/12 7:22 PM
redwhiteandblues
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
12/3/12 7:48 PM
Baroquen Record
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny seeing Marcelo go for footlocks. Was he workin on then prior to the roll with khaskhanov? Phone Post
12/3/12 8:01 PM
nowaydo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baroquen Record -  Funny seeing Marcelo go for footlocks. Was he workin on then prior to the roll with khaskhanov? Phone Post

I was thinking that too. Maybe Khaskhanov gave a mini-workshop on footlocks beforehand.
12/3/12 8:12 PM
chickenscratch
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the fourth or fifth video of Marcelo rolling with this guy. It's funny because after their first roll, in which Marcelo completely destroyed him, they had a discussion. The Russian guy asked why Marcelo seemed so much heavier than he obviously is. Marcelo also advised him on footlocks, telling him the reason he couldn't catch Marcelo in any footlocks was because he was telegraphing them. Phone Post
12/3/12 9:24 PM
nowaydo

Good info!
Thanks!
12/3/12 9:32 PM
Hargreaves

can't wait to watch his roll with Hendricks and Mark L
12/3/12 11:55 PM
joelovesfishin
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff!

My MGinAction Tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/d78pavw

HOW TO FILLET A FISH: http://www.youtube.com/user/joelovesfishin?feature=mhsn
12/4/12 2:27 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Filmed underwater apparently.
12/4/12 4:14 AM
cardio

Edited: 12/04/12 4:19 AM
Whoa! www.mginaction.com | promo code: cardio
12/4/12 6:36 AM
Shemhazai
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baroquen Record -  Funny seeing Marcelo go for footlocks. Was he workin on then prior to the roll with khaskhanov? Phone Post

I think he likes to test his moves against people who are good at the same moves. He does use that right-handed cross footlock quite often, though. It's the only straight-up offensive leg attack I've seen him do. (As opposed to the occasional kneebar or toehold vs. spiral guard, for instance.)
12/4/12 7:57 AM
ChipW
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/4/12 9:31 AM
onyx2002
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invisible Lats Syndrome - Filmed underwater apparently.

Bro hurricane Sandy was hard on everyone.
12/4/12 11:57 AM
BJJ999

most oompetitive roll I have seen to date against Marcelo. Thanks for posting
12/4/12 12:21 PM
Shemhazai
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ999 - most oompetitive roll I have seen to date against Marcelo. Thanks for posting

The rolls against Peinado are more competitive, IMO. The Russian fared well, though.
12/4/12 12:34 PM
Baroquen Record
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shemhazai -
BJJ999 - most oompetitive roll I have seen to date against Marcelo. Thanks for posting

The rolls against Peinado are more competitive, IMO. The Russian fared well, though.
Seemed like Marcelo was going at a leisurely pace. Even after getting tapped he didn't turn it up.

I think the jake shields and JT Torres rolls were much more competitive. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:55 PM
BearsDownAzzUp
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baroquen Record - 
Shemhazai -

Seemed like Marcelo was going at a leisurely pace. Even after getting tapped he didn't turn it up.

I think the jake shields and JT Torres rolls were much more competitive. Phone Post

THIS

MG was just fucking around with that Russian. He was never in any trouble and let the Russian work a couple things.
12/4/12 2:16 PM
baby-silverback
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its amazing how he makes it look so easy Phone Post
12/4/12 3:10 PM
Hywel Teague
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool video. I didn't think it was competitive at all, seemed pretty chilled to me.

Few points of interact:
• I really respect Marcelo's open door policy and willingness to roll with everyone, inc diff styles (see him vs Jimmy Pedro, for example)
• the sambo guy had a pretty good ground game, but it didn't 'look' like sambo to me - just solid no-gi jiu-jitsu.
• the sambo guy also seemed pretty clued up on Marcelo's game, he wasn't falling into a lot of the usual traps, I guess they'd trained together quite a bit Phone Post
12/4/12 3:54 PM
deepu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo got caught! *shock horror*

Nice roll though, but yeah, apart from that, Marcelo still owned.
12/4/12 4:03 PM
chickenscratch
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is their first roll (I think) back in May: http://www.mginaction.com/VideoDetails.aspx?VideoId=13357

You can see that Khaskhanov was going for a ton of leglocks then. As another poster said, he's clearly gotten savvy to some of Marcelo's game after training with him for 6 months or so.

Here is the discussion where Marcelo talks to Khaskhanov about staying heavy and telegraphing leglocks: http://www.mginaction.com/VideoDetails.aspx?VideoId=11945
12/4/12 5:04 PM
kying418
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo looks like he's going only about 70% in that video.
12/4/12 5:12 PM
Tubarao

4 lata Phone Post
12/4/12 5:24 PM
Truemanc3
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like when the Russian says he feels 80lb heavier and stronger....

Everyone I have met who rolled with Marcelo said apart from being a grappling genius Marcello is incredibly strong for his weight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.