UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> High Level BJJ BBs Who've Been Submitted in MMA?

12/4/12 7:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheSuperSaiyan
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seth Dikun flying triangled Rolando Perez in the WEC. He was supposedly a white belt and Rolando was a black belt.
12/4/12 8:27 PM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JTRipper - 
ausgepicht -
JTRipper - 
ausgepicht -

Sakuraba submitted Conan Silveira, Ebenezer Braga, Royler Gracie, and Renzo Gracie
Belfort submitted by Overeem
Jeff Curran submitted by Faber
Machida was subbed by Jon Jones
Miguel Torres by Joseh Benavidez
Thiago Alves was submitted by Kampmann
Clay Guida submitted Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt Hughes submitted Ricardo Almeida

Didn't clay only submit Dos Anjos due to an injury? I thought I remembered Dos Anjos breaking his jaw and Clay just leaning on it Phone Post

LOL....now Dos Anjos broke his own jaw? A LOT of defensive BJJers on this thread. Can't even say that Guida broke his jaw. Fact is it is still a submission win.

His jaw was broken, you're being overly literal for the sake of arguing if you think I was trying to argue that Guida deserves no credit for the fight. All I said was that as far as a submission win over a black belt it's not really the same as catching a BB in an armbar or a choke Phone Post

HAHAH! You STILL can't bring yourself to admit that Guida broke his jaw. The GIF of the combo that did it was circulating for weeks. Guida tapped him with a shoulder of justice submission. If a fighter blocks a kick and his forearm is broken and then later he gets armbarred IT'S STILL AN ARMBAR WIN.

Unless the loser is a Brazilian or BJJ black belt and you are a BJJer having trouble dealing with reality. 

12/4/12 10:02 PM
tylerthebear
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy -
tylerthebear - Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes Phone Post
Not a submission Phone Post
Ooooooo ur right. For some reason i got confused with the almeida fight Phone Post
12/4/12 10:13 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 
JTRipper - 
ausgepicht -
JTRipper - 
ausgepicht -

Sakuraba submitted Conan Silveira, Ebenezer Braga, Royler Gracie, and Renzo Gracie

Didn't clay only submit Dos Anjos due to an injury? I thought I remembered Dos Anjos breaking his jaw and Clay just leaning on it Phone Post

LOL....now Dos Anjos broke his own jaw? A LOT of defensive BJJers on this thread. Can't even say that Guida broke his jaw. Fact is it is still a submission win.

His jaw was broken, you're being overly literal for the sake of arguing if you think I was trying to argue that Guida deserves no credit for the fight. All I said was that as far as a submission win over a black belt it's not really the same as catching a BB in an armbar or a choke Phone Post

HAHAH! You STILL can't bring yourself to admit that Guida broke his jaw. The GIF of the combo that did it was circulating for weeks. Guida tapped him with a shoulder of justice submission. If a fighter blocks a kick and his forearm is broken and then later he gets armbarred IT'S STILL AN ARMBAR WIN.

Unless the loser is a Brazilian or BJJ black belt and you are a BJJer having trouble dealing with reality. 

Good God, did your mother huff fecal vapours when you were in the womb?
12/4/12 10:21 PM
NoGiGoGoGaGa

rnunz - 

Gurgel vs. Miller

Fairly confident that all the bluebelts at our academy could sub Gurgel.
12/4/12 10:47 PM
SasquatchShaman

Sakuraba got subbed by Mayhem, Yan Cabral and maybe Kimo, I have never seen that fight and I think I heard something weird happened or a possible work.
12/4/12 10:52 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 12/04/12 11:04 PM
eagleswhat1 - 
ausgepicht - 

Dos Anjos Tapped via Guida caught him with a Elbow after missing a big hook he brought it back and caught DA right on the jaw breaking his face. All guida did was get on top of him and land small annoying shots. That's not subbing a BJJ BB

No. He used a Shoulder of Justice. Dos Anjos did NOT tap from strikes. Look on any website. It is officially recorded as a submission win. Look for yourself and stop being stubborn and obtuse. Watch the video for yourself and weep. It was a Shoulder of Justice sub. There's more to submissions than armbars and triangles, even if you never heard of it.

12/4/12 11:02 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saku/Royler and Renzo

Although Saku is no slouch on the ground and would be considered black belt level by most Phone Post
12/4/12 11:35 PM
Hollywood Blonde

Rani Yahya (vs. JZ Calvalcante)
12/4/12 11:47 PM
Pride Wanderlei

Should black belts subbing black belts count? Phone Post
12/5/12 12:14 AM
PrettyBoy
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler -
Hollywood Blonde - 
PrettyBoy - 
Jsteven -
gridlor - JBJ submitted Machida who is a black belt I believe. Phone Post
And vitor Phone Post
And Shogun if we wanna get technical Phone Post

In terms of using a sub to gain the tap, Vitor and Shogun would both count, but I don't think either has the grappling credentials to be termed "high level" BJJ black belts.

what is the sub that he used on Shogun?

Knees Phone Post
12/5/12 12:30 AM
Ray Elbe
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanderlia braga--gabe Godzilla Phone Post
12/5/12 3:55 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
YVES JOCKSTRAP -  Kopylov submitted some bjj BB in rings in like 20 seconds haha, forgot his name though

Imanari submitted Renato Tavares and Jorge Gurgel

Rumina Sato was the first man to submit a bjj black belt in Mma Phone Post

Do you mean Sato's win over John Lewis at Vale Tudo Japan in 1996? Was Lewis a BB then?
12/5/12 4:38 AM
Fedor219

Mirko vs Pat Berry Phone Post
12/5/12 4:56 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dus 10 - Its because 90% of bjj is worthless without a gi. So they get out there and get subbed by an unranked wrestler. Matt hughes is a great example.. . Just like 99% of wrestling is worthless in the cage, so they get in there and get thrown around by a guy who never wrestled in school.
78% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Phone Post
12/5/12 6:51 AM
jv071481
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of these are no fair because they air by high level black belts. Phone Post
12/5/12 6:55 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
dus 10 - Its because 90% of bjj is worthless without a gi. So they get out there and get subbed by an unranked wrestler. Matt hughes is a great example.. . Just like 99% of wrestling is worthless in the cage, so they get in there and get thrown around by a guy who never wrestled in school.
78% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Phone Post

That's true, it's in like 93% of my Popular Science magazines.
12/5/12 8:17 AM
jmb73
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was A Silva a BB when he got caught in a heel hook? Phone Post
12/5/12 8:18 AM
jmb73
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NoGiGoGoGaGa -
rnunz - 

Gurgel vs. Miller

Fairly confident that all the bluebelts at our academy could sub Gurgel.
Lol ouch Phone Post
12/5/12 8:39 AM
diggity

ausgepicht -
Immaculata - BJJ isn't MMA.

Miiiiiiighty defensive there. We're glad you came and told us! We were just about to start talking about how BJJ and MMA are the SAME EXACT THING until you came along and set us straight!!

Ha! Phone Post
12/5/12 12:10 PM
LeonWalker88

Did anyone mention Jones/Belfort? I'm not sure what rank Jones is in bjj but Vitor is a BB...Mir/Nog was probably the best one tho not an upset still really impressive!
12/5/12 2:04 PM
zebers3
472 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Green submitting that blackbelt he told us about the other day!
12/5/12 6:20 PM
newjack900
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matrixkick - 
boxy - Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Hughes
The way he subbed him was outstanding! But Matt's honestly at the the level of some BB's. Still awesome sub is awesome Phone Post

1st thing I thought of also when I saw this thread
12/5/12 6:22 PM
newjack900
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - 

Hughes actually said after the fight he knew if he tried to choke him out he wouldn't tap & didn't want to do that to Royce.. So he dropped bombs instead.
12/5/12 9:52 PM
PrettyBoy
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newjack900 -
PrettyBoy - 

Hughes actually said after the fight he knew if he tried to choke him out he wouldn't tap & didn't want to do that to Royce.. So he dropped bombs instead.
Ya I know he said he let the arm go when he heard a pop too.. but that still isn't the point of this thread. It has to be a submission. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.