UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Seagal: GSP good not great, shouldn't fight Silva

12/3/12 10:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Striking and somewhat boyishly handsome looking action film star, musician, philanthropist, environmentalist, animal rights activist, producer, writer, guitarist, reserve deputy sheriff, and 7th-dan black belt in Aikido Steven Seagal appeared recently on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour, and offered his sage opinion on Georges St-Pierre, and the GSP vs. Anderson Silva superfight.

"I think he's is a really nice guy," said Seagal. "I think he is a good fighter and a good martial artist. Would I call him great? No.

"I just think he's a wonderful and good martial artist and good guy. Some people are born with greatness, and some people sort of acquire it. But I think with time, he will become better and better.

"One of the things that a master looks at when they look at a fighter is the history of the fighter. When you look at the history of the fighter, you look at their very best fights, their best work, and their worst. If you look at Anderson's worst fights, they're not bad. He still looks pretty good.

"If you look at GSP's worst fight, you look at the thing he did with Shields in Canada, that was atrocious. I think that is very telling. I just didn't think the technique and the fighting skill was there in that instance. I also saw him after the fight and he wasn't looking or feeling very well either, which does have some meaning. I think he got hurt in that fight and whether he dominated him or not, I just didn't think he looked good."

"Aside from all of that, I think Anderson is just a lot more skilled, and I think he would win handily."

"I would tell (GSP) not to take the fight."

Siyar Bahadurzada summed up the feelings of many when he tweeted "Steven Seagal saying GSP is not great is like a monkey saying fishes can't swim!"

Seagal, or 'Fritão' as he known among his fighting Brazilian brothers, also said he would fight UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture.

Couture recently quipped that he would stay retired, "unless Seagal wants to sign up."

The 60-year-old Seagal is willing to accept the challenge.

"I have to wonder what his intentions may have been in saying that," said Seagal. "I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman. I'm kind of confused why he would say that, but I'm here, anybody can find me any time and any place. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me any time he wants"

"It would be for free, and it would be some place where there are no witnesses. I'm hoping it wouldn't get to that, and I don't know why it would come about, but if that's what he wants, he can get it any time he wants."

"I don't play by the rules. I'm sure one person will walk out. I'm a man of honor. I'm a gentleman, but I am a warrior, and if he needs to find me, he knows where to find me."

Watch live streaming video from mmahour at livestream.com

12/3/12 10:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol lol this hould.upaet some gsp fan girls Phone Post
12/3/12 10:41 PM
MagSlim

I would probably pay $79.99 to see Seagull and JCVD fight on an HD PPV. That's sad, but it's the truth.

With the right promoter they could both make 10-12MM. Is that really not attractive to both of them at this point?

Let's make this happen UG.
12/3/12 10:41 PM
cool hand Ed
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -  Lol lol this hould.upaet some gsp fan girls Phone Post

you wild each it?
12/3/12 10:43 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he's out for justice.
The Overseer
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bornop - Master troll. Sensei is operating on levels we mere mortals cannot begin to fathom Phone Post
Lolololol Phone Post
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bornop - Master troll. Sensei is operating on levels we mere mortals cannot begin to fathom Phone Post
^ Phone Post
12/3/12 10:44 PM
KingOfFighters

Oh i wild Phone Post
12/3/12 10:44 PM
The Overseer
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's using his very own special mental front kick mind fuck that only he knows. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:45 PM
slamming

Edited: 12/03/12 10:45 PM
Jones is really a heavyweight," Seagal explained. "He's almost 6-foot-5. I think he's probably, and I'm guessing, walking around at 230, 235 (pounds). I think he cuts down to make that weight and then by the time he gets into the Octagon he's put on a tremendous amount of weight, and he's got all that size, all that strength. His arms are almost twice as long as Anderson's.

I think that Anderson is at a tremendous disadvantage physically."
12/3/12 10:45 PM
Brian Rule
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seagal is a top-notch troll LMAO
12/3/12 10:47 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - I would probably pay $79.99 to see Seagull and JCVD fight on an HD PPV. That's sad, but it's the truth.

With the right promoter they could both make 10-12MM. Is that really not attractive to both of them at this point?

I was going to mock you, but sadly I too would pay good money to see that even now. And I'd have money on JCVD
12/3/12 10:48 PM
TEX4N32
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule - Seagal is a top-notch troll LMAO
. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:50 PM
Loser Born Natural
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Rvd.

I'd pay 300 to see GSP v seagull instead. Phone Post
gooddoc

Sensei Seagal may have just trolled GSP into the fight by indirectly calling him a pussy. Phone Post
3 Sided Square
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
MagSlim - I would probably pay $79.99 to see Seagull and JCVD fight on an HD PPV. That's sad, but it's the truth.

JCVD would kick that fat fuck in the stomach and the explosion from the girdle would kill the first 15 rows. 

They have signs that say something similar at the Shamu pool in Sea World. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:51 PM
Pessimist_Pete

trolilolol. Belly roll Phone Post
12/3/12 10:52 PM
Wade Garrett

Jake Shields was GSP's worst fight?
I believe that was Matt Serra, or did Dana White finally get that time machine working and erase his run as Welterweight Champion?
12/3/12 10:53 PM
DirtehSneakehs

Gsp would make master douche shit his pants again. This guy is unbelievable, JCVD is in reality a better teacher than him but doesnt open his mouth and let nonsense come out. i just watched driven to kill with my little bro and that movie sucked. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:55 PM
TartanTopTeamSextoy#2

GSP is the greatest wrestler in MMA history,fighter?nope. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:57 PM
Drunkenirishfc
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
12/3/12 10:59 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy would beat the living $hit outta Steven! lololol

I too would pay to watch SS vs JCVD Phone Post
12/3/12 11:13 PM
KingOfFighters

Loser Born Natural - Lol Rvd.

I'd pay 300 to see GSP v seagull instead. Phone Post
Not like gsp would finish him.or.anythibg, 5 round dec Phone Post
12/3/12 11:33 PM
KC007

Sounded like Randy was just joking with that comment. Phone Post
12/3/12 11:38 PM
randomposter
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seagal fancies himself some kind of devout martial artist. Yet, humble "Master" Seagal insults people that truly go out their and fight. And is insecure enough to make it perfectly clear that he stands ready to fight Randy Couture is as hilarious As it iis preposterous.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.