UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bensons speed will earn him the W over Diaz

12/4/12 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
uniquetechnique
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just my humble opinion. I am a Diaz fan but I think Bensons speed is far superior and if Benson can figure out how to stay standing without getting taken down or Diaz reach then Benson will win for sure by his punching and kicking speed. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:13 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think his strength will get it done. He's a very physically strong and large LW. Nate seems to be putting on more size and I think this is the reason why but I see him getting out muscled. That and Nate has poor takedown defense. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:19 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speed? You mean swag/swagger? It won him his last two fights.

12/4/12 12:33 AM
MarkRobinson
1325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree. I believe he has both the speed and strength advantage. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:36 AM
ausgepicht

You guys better hope Diaz wins or we'll have a boring decision king for a champion.

12/4/12 12:48 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - I think his strength will get it done. He's a very physically strong and large LW. Nate seems to be putting on more size and I think this is the reason why but I see him getting out muscled. That and Nate has poor takedown defense. Phone Post
Good point. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:49 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht -

You guys better hope Diaz wins or we'll have a boring decision king for a champion.

Which of his fights over the last 4 years were boring? Phone Post
12/4/12 12:51 AM
FieryErmine

I think he'll win by wrestling.
12/4/12 1:21 AM
uniquetechnique
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wrestles Diaz down, best if he gets right back up or his chances of getting submitted will be pretty high Phone Post
12/4/12 8:06 AM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Edited: 12/04/12 8:07 AM
Diaz wins this by sub or tko by the 3rd round
12/4/12 8:11 AM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -

Only reason they were exciting is because of Edgar, Guida and Miller. You all comnplain about how Edgar cant finsih fights and is boring yet you worship Benson who has only won his last few fights because he can dance around, scream, and throw up illuminati symbols after the fight ends.
12/4/12 8:13 AM
tres_equis_666
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup...speed...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Benson utilize the same speed Carlos used against Nick. Phone Post
12/4/12 8:14 AM
dangerboy12
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't see Henderson getting submitted. I think Ben wins with top position.
12/4/12 8:35 AM
Right Hand JO Power
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speed, size, and god. Phone Post
12/4/12 9:46 AM
BrokeFitch

i don't see speed as the key factor in this fight!
imo bendo will get the decision via his strength and wrestling! this and him having one of the best sub defenses in the sport should get him the w!

but still WAR DIAZ!!! Phone Post
12/4/12 9:48 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

nick diaz nut hugger -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -

You just gave this troll a three-month supply of troll feed...

I've asked him this question on several threads and he's never tried to answer me lol Phone Post
12/4/12 10:42 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO - "ben henderson doesnt finish fights" Kenny Florian
Did Kenny say that? Probably jealous Ben actually won his 2 LW title shots unlike Kenny the choker. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:09 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1056 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

takedowns imo

12/4/12 12:22 PM
ausgepicht

nick diaz nut hugger - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -

You just gave this troll a three-month supply of troll feed...

How is it a troll to find a person who is working towards his eighth decision in a row boring? He's already acknowledged that he just wants the W and how he gets it doesn't matter. Here is a guy that is OK with decisions. Sorry, that isn't exciting. Fitch and GSP get a LOT of flack here. Don't pretend you don't see the 100s of posts and threads on it. Then when people say "I enjoy watching the technique of Fitch and GSP." everone calls them idiots. I'll tell you why: Fitch dared to draw BJ and GSP dared to beat BJ twice. 

So it's not a case of trolling, it's a case of butthurt BJ fans and BJJ bias. It's incredibly unoriginal to cry "troll" and use ad hominem attacks and NOTHING else when your opinion differs from someone else. Ever thought to not being lazy and expressing your OPINION? Ad hominem attacks are a typical tool of those who have no logic or reason and most likely know they are wrong. So by all means, carry on. Tell me how exciting it is to watch a fighter who has already mentioned he just wants a W as he moves towards his EIGHTH decision in a row. And then tell us how you are not a hypocrite or biased and enjoy watching Fitch and GSP get decisions too.

12/4/12 12:23 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 12/04/12 12:48 PM
TOAO - "ben henderson doesnt finish fights" Kenny Florian

"Kenny Florian is a troll."

-nick diaz nut hugger

Need I say more?

12/4/12 12:26 PM
behrens14
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another factor I haven't heard anyone bring up is Henderson's insane sub defense. Even when he's had incredibly tight chokes on him, he has managed to escape them. Diaz better plan to grab a limb because I feel like he's nearly impossible to choke out.
12/4/12 12:37 PM
NastyNate420
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - Leg kicks.

Yeppers
12/4/12 12:37 PM
Unseen
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the first lessons in boxing is that a good jab can negate a speed advantage.  Yes I know it didn't work for Nick but it still holds true mostly.

12/4/12 12:50 PM
ausgepicht

behrens14 - Another factor I haven't heard anyone bring up is Henderson's insane sub defense. Even when he's had incredibly tight chokes on him, he has managed to escape them. Diaz better plan to grab a limb because I feel like he's nearly impossible to choke out.

Good point. Diaz will have to pull off one of the more modern, effective and efficient variants. The "classic" sport BJJ Guillotine isn't always enough. Diaz has some submission tricks up his sleeve though!

12/4/12 12:56 PM
Hikikomori
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/04/12 12:56 PM

Diaz's straight forward style will feed right into Benson's Brutal All Out MMA Madness.

The reason Benson had trouble with Frankie was due to Frankies footwork. Nate doesnt use footwork. Nate is a pressure fighter and volume puncher. Benson is also a pressure fighter. This fight will look similar to Benson vs. Miller with Benson using a variety of attacks to get at Nate.

Im usually a Boxing over everything guy but in this case Benson is too creative to let Nate walk him down and punish him like he did with Cerrone and Miller.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.