UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bensons speed will earn him the W over Diaz

12/4/12 1:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

behrens14 - Another factor I haven't heard anyone bring up is Henderson's insane sub defense. Even when he's had incredibly tight chokes on him, he has managed to escape them. Diaz better plan to grab a limb because I feel like he's nearly impossible to choke out.
Jim miller had never been subbed, until Nate subbed him. I was actually blown away by that victory. I think Bendo has his hands full. Phone Post
12/5/12 7:42 PM
uniquetechnique
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori -

Diaz's straight forward style will feed right into Benson's Brutal All Out MMA Madness.

The reason Benson had trouble with Frankie was due to Frankies footwork. Nate doesnt use footwork. Nate is a pressure fighter and volume puncher. Benson is also a pressure fighter. This fight will look similar to Benson vs. Miller with Benson using a variety of attacks to get at Nate.

Im usually a Boxing over everything guy but in this case Benson is too creative to let Nate walk him down and punish him like he did with Cerrone and Miller.

I like it.
Benson out punches Diaz, Diaz gets some good punches in Rd 1 and Benson realizes the trouble if he goes toe to toe. Benson takes down Diaz who jumps straight guard and the rest if the fight ends up standing. Might be boring the last couple rounds. Phone Post
12/5/12 10:05 PM
UGSlapshot

Nate has better hands and in a five round fight ill take Diaz to win by using his long body checking the leg kicks and throwing hard shots. Phone Post
12/5/12 10:17 PM
sitchpack

Benson should let nate bang bro. Phone Post
12/6/12 1:36 AM
uniquetechnique
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - Benson should let nate bang bro. Phone Post
Benson won't bang with Diaz. Diaz has the heavier hands Phone Post
12/6/12 2:22 AM
orcus

"How is it a troll to find a person who is working towards his eighth decision in a row boring?"

You mean seventh I think.

The Miller and Guida fights were great, even if you don't think the Edgar ones were. The Pettis fight was FotY. His decision over Cowboy was a FotY contender as well.

12/6/12 2:26 AM
orcus

Edited: 12/06/12 2:25 AM

" then to stay safe and active on the ground,"

Not sure what you meant there, but he is always extremely aggressive on the ground from what I've seen. He beat the shit out of killer grapplers Miller and Bocek on the ground with no respect at all for their sub games, same goes for Cerrone.

Nate's sub of Miller was totally shocking to me, but before that he got raped by Joe Stevenson on the ground, and spent more time defending Neer's subs than attacking with his own, before going to WW where he got tossed around by Kim and Rory. I'm just not sure the Miller is the more representative fight as far as what we can expect if this fight hits the ground. Benson is extremely strong, extremely fast, never gets tired, and throws hard punches and elbows on the ground -- all while being seemingly impossible to submit. I can certainly imagine him just steamrolling Nate in a ground fight that the much slower, much weaker Nate just can't keep up in.

Of course Nate's performance over Miller might just be the level he is at now. Can't wait for this fight! Love both guys.

12/6/12 5:35 AM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Ben strikes with Nate he's getting LIT UP!

Ben can use legkicks after a good set up or fake

Then he better get out of the pocket fast

Mates hands just never stop, He has reach advantage something Ben isn't used too.

Legkicks and takedowns vs nonstop boxing

Close fight

Idk??!!! Phone Post
12/6/12 1:31 PM
myee8
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson is blasian don't forget, giving him the athleticism and explosiveness of a black person plus the intelligence of an asian. Phone Post
12/7/12 1:06 AM
uniquetechnique

myee8 -  Benson is blasian don't forget, giving him the athleticism and explosiveness of a black person plus the intelligence of an asian. Phone Post

HAHAHAHAHA
12/7/12 2:20 AM
orcus

mrantistupiditay - 
orcus - 

" then to stay safe and active on the ground,"

Not sure what you meant there, but he is always extremely aggressive on the ground from what I've seen. He beat the shit out of killer grapplers Miller and Bocek on the ground with no respect at all for their sub games, same goes for Cerrone.

Nate's sub of Miller was totally shocking to me, but before that he got raped by Joe Stevenson on the ground, and spent more time defending Neer's subs than attacking with his own, before going to WW where he got tossed around by Kim and Rory. I'm just not sure the Miller is the more representative fight as far as what we can expect if this fight hits the ground. Benson is extremely strong, extremely fast, never gets tired, and throws hard punches and elbows on the ground -- all while being seemingly impossible to submit. I can certainly imagine him just steamrolling Nate in a ground fight that the much slower, much weaker Nate just can't keep up in.

Of course Nate's performance over Miller might just be the level he is at now. Can't wait for this fight! Love both guys.

Come on, dude. Have you ever rolled with a legit blackbelt who's a guard player?

Guarantee you Henderson's not going into it with blinders on like you, playing "mma math."

Don't really know what you're saying. 

What *I'm* saying is that the Miller fight is almost the ONLY one in which Nate showed an exceptional ground game, and he was beating up Jim to set that up. Pellegrino, Kim, Rory, Stevenson all had their way with him on the ground (Pellegrino only until bizarrely opting to go from half mount to guard iirc and getting subbed, of course), and Neer was extremely competitive there. Oh, the Maynard fight on TUF was another stellar performance.

Are you saying Benson is going to be scared of Nate's guard?

12/7/12 3:28 AM
Humboldt
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tres_equis_666 - Yup...speed...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Benson utilize the same speed Carlos used against Nick. Phone Post
That's his game plan. Bet on it. Phone Post
12/8/12 10:49 PM
uniquetechnique

I was partly right. He controlled all aspects. lol
12/8/12 10:52 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - I think his strength will get it done. He's a very physically strong and large LW. Nate seems to be putting on more size and I think this is the reason why but I see him getting out muscled. That and Nate has poor takedown defense. Phone Post
Spot On Phone Post
12/8/12 11:40 PM
uniquetechnique

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - I think his strength will get it done. He's a very physically strong and large LW. Nate seems to be putting on more size and I think this is the reason why but I see him getting out muscled. That and Nate has poor takedown defense. Phone Post
Spot On Phone Post

Yup. He was pretty accurate
12/9/12 12:28 AM
ausgepicht

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -

You guys better hope Diaz wins or we'll have a boring decision king for a champion.

Which of his fights over the last 4 years were boring? Phone Post

Only reason they were exciting is because of Edgar, Guida and Miller. You all comnplain about how Edgar cant finsih fights and is boring yet you worship Benson who has only won his last few fights because he can dance around, scream, and throw up illuminati symbols after the fight ends.

Exactly. Now we are on the 8th decision in a row. Clearly he's after Fitch's decision record. 

12/12/12 9:52 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ausgepicht -

You guys better hope Diaz wins or we'll have a boring decision king for a champion.

Which of his fights over the last 4 years were boring? Phone Post

Only reason they were exciting is because of Edgar, Guida and Miller. You all comnplain about how Edgar cant finsih fights and is boring yet you worship Benson who has only won his last few fights because he can dance around, scream, and throw up illuminati symbols after the fight ends.

Exactly. Now we are on the 8th decision in a row. Clearly he's after Fitch's decision record. 

i couldn't care less if every fight he ever has goes to decision, as long as he's bringing it the whole fight.  do you really have a problem with decisions or are you just pointing out the hypocrisy of mma fans?  

12/12/12 10:07 AM
Leck Brosnar

Hikikomori - 

Diaz's straight forward style will feed right into Benson's Brutal All Out MMA Madness.

The reason Benson had trouble with Frankie was due to Frankies footwork. Nate doesnt use footwork. Nate is a pressure fighter and volume puncher. Benson is also a pressure fighter. This fight will look similar to Benson vs. Miller with Benson using a variety of attacks to get at Nate.

Im usually a Boxing over everything guy but in this case Benson is too creative to let Nate walk him down and punish him like he did with Cerrone and Miller.

Nice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.