UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Bullet Proof Characters

12/5/12 2:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Last Don
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 
Last Don - No one has mentioned the Hulk?

Come on GeekGround!
Never fret, good sir.

Respected forum member stickgrappler has indeed mentioned The Hulk. Phone Post

Good. I'd rather my literacy fail me than the GG forget the Hulk.

Sorry guys!
12/5/12 2:42 PM
BigWilliam
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It Reed Richards bullet proof? I seem to remember him being flexible enough to make bullets useless.
12/5/12 3:08 PM
Stickgrappler
1581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - It Reed Richards bullet proof? I seem to remember him being flexible enough to make bullets useless.

good call... not a FF fan, but vaguely recall him being able to stretch to hollow out when bullets were fired at him

i guess Elongated Man and Plastic Man may be up for consideration to add to the list

12/5/12 3:08 PM
Stickgrappler
1581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last Don - 
MarkRobinson - 
Last Don - No one has mentioned the Hulk?

Come on GeekGround!
Never fret, good sir.

Respected forum member stickgrappler has indeed mentioned The Hulk. Phone Post

Good. I'd rather my literacy fail me than the GG forget the Hulk.

Sorry guys!

lol - good answer

12/5/12 3:10 PM
crunchysavior
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 

speaking of Hulk, She-Hulk? Hulking?

speaking of Wonder Woman, Simon Williams aka Wonder Man?

Vision is on here, therefore Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat should be on here too.

The difference between Shadowcat and Vision is that Vision can manipulate his density so it's near diamond-like, making him invulnerable to bullets.
12/5/12 3:31 PM
Stickgrappler

crunchysavior - 
Stickgrappler - 

The difference between Shadowcat and Vision is that Vision can manipulate his density so it's near diamond-like, making him invulnerable to bullets.

OIC -- thought Vision was decreasing his mass/density - as he can phase through walls (at least the last time i read him circa George Perez run)

Thinking if Kitty can phase through floors/walls, bullets will pass through her in her phased state as it should also with Vision if he lowered his density/mass

12/5/12 4:03 PM
BigWilliam
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vision can also stay intangible or diamond tough much longer than Shadow Cat can phase as I recall.
12/5/12 5:07 PM
crunchysavior
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 
crunchysavior - 
Stickgrappler - 

OIC -- thought Vision was decreasing his mass/density - as he can phase through walls (at least the last time i read him circa George Perez run)

Thinking if Kitty can phase through floors/walls, bullets will pass through her in her phased state as it should also with Vision if he lowered his density/mass

Vision can manipulate his density to become either diamond-like or to enable him to phase. Either one makes him bullet-proof, but I think the OP was looking more for "invulnerable skin" type bullet-proof.
12/5/12 5:35 PM
N9K
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  A couple years ago I was having a debate with some friends about Thor being bullet proof. We all eventually agreed that Thor not being bulletproof was pretty ridiculous. We also decided that people supporting him not being bullet proof were now to be called "fuckin busieks!"

The reason is that Kurt Busiek went through 400 some odd issues of Thor to find out if he was really bulletproof. He concluded that because Thor avoids the bullets by blocking them, that he was indeed harmed by them.

In one issue of the vol 2 Black Panther run, Thor is shot by a sniper and gets knocked out by the impact. I mean, seriously? The guy has been in nuke explosions.

I hate that shit. Lol

Same goes for wonder woman. Although, unlike Thor, it's pretty much established canon that she is harmed by projectiles. She can take a infinite mass punch by a fuckin .22 caliber bullet harms her? Dumb dumb dumb. Phone Post

Nice!
12/6/12 6:15 PM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
12/7/12 12:38 AM
MarkRobinson
1287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - It Reed Richards bullet proof? I seem to remember him being flexible enough to make bullets useless.

Reed is definitely bullet proof. In fact, he should be virtually impervious to all physical attacks but is hardly ever written that way.  

12/7/12 10:12 AM
Stickgrappler

Digression Q:   i didn't read too much on Sentry, GG general opinion os that Silver Surfer and Thor are the top dogs in the MU... at some point vaguely recall someone citing Mr. Fantastic saying the Sentry is THE most powerful ever.

Where is Sentry in the Top Dog rankings?

12/7/12 10:35 AM
Leigh
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sentry can invent powers faster than silver age supes. And not any old powers like super ventriloquism or fluent in every language - he suddenly, out of the blue, out moleculed molecule man.

You can't top shit writing like that Phone Post
12/7/12 12:37 PM
dizz
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From what I've read of Sentry (admittedly not a ton), Leigh is pretty much correct

He's written moronically, because he can basically do just about anything. I get the sense that, at full power, he's THE top dog in Marvel (outside of the cosmic entities). But that's mainly because they just write him to add powers whenever they want.

It's too bad, he'd be an interesting character if he was depowered a bit, the whole mentally unstable thing is kind of cool

12/7/12 12:51 PM
BigWilliam

Yeah when he got vaporized by Molecule Man only to re-assemble himself and then with a blink destroy one of the most powerful characters in marvel history, it became pretty much utter crap.
12/7/12 1:01 PM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/12 1:07 PM
oops wrong thread

but still

fuck the sentry
12/7/12 1:36 PM
Stickgrappler

wow..thx for the info on Sentry

12/7/12 1:54 PM
dizz
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 

wow..thx for the info on Sentry

If you read the...I think it was the Siege arc that DA has posted on here...you can see Sentry tear Ares in half

12/7/12 2:34 PM
Stickgrappler

firewalled from pix from pichosts at work... will check at home.

thx for the heads-up!

12/7/12 8:06 PM
Zenoplata
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me see here.

Juggernaut

Superman

Silver Surfer

Thing

Gladiator

Captain Marvel

Power Girl

Any Kryptonian

Colossus

Mr. Fantastic and any other stretchy characters

Strong Guy

Blob

Speedball

Venom

Carnage

Hyperion

I'll think of more later.

12/11/12 1:21 AM
Amado
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumatine - 
matt murdock -

That was when he had the Odin-force. Not sure if its different when he is regular Thor. Btw I think he should be completely invulnerable to almost anything. I do recall an old comic where thor gets shot by a rifle Phone Post

what issue is this from and is it posted here?
12/28/12 3:36 AM
MarkRobinson
1287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amado - 
Alumatine - 
matt murdock -
That was when he had the Odin-force. Not sure if its different when he is regular Thor. Btw I think he should be completely invulnerable to almost anything. I do recall an old comic where thor gets shot by a rifle Phone Post

what issue is this from and is it posted here?

Its from Thor Vol. 3 Issue # 4 of the JMS run. 

12/29/12 4:21 AM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Let me see here.

Juggernaut

Superman

Silver Surfer

Thing

Gladiator

Captain Marvel

Power Girl

Any Kryptonian

Colossus

Mr. Fantastic and any other stretchy characters

Strong Guy

Blob

Speedball

Venom

Carnage

Hyperion

I'll think of more later.

Good list, but I don't think the symbiotes count. They absorb small arms fire pretty well, but it it still digs in to their body and in one of Venom's first appearances, he gets knocked down for a few seconds after having a chunk taken out of him by a shotgun. If they stood still for a SWAT team, they'd get torn up.
12/29/12 3:02 PM
Zenoplata
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure Punisher recently shot Anti-Venom point black in the head with a high caliber revolver.

Maybe eventually they'd get knocked down or something, but I don't think bullets can really hurt them.

12/31/12 12:38 PM
unique_devil
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll give Marvel a shot since everyone but Batman and Robin and Green Arrow are bulletproof in D.C. lol.

Hulk

Thor

Collosus

Juggernaut

Luke Cage

Sentry

White Queen

Iceman

Ghost Rider

Wonder Man

Vision

Giant Man (in elarged form)

Thing

Mr Fantastic

She Hulk

Ms Marvel/Binary

Rouge

Nova

Sunspot

Namor

Hercules

Quasar

Sandman

Machine Man

Capt Britian

Jocasta

Red Hulk

Hyperion

Gladiator

All Herlads of Galactus

Thanos

Black Bolt

Namora

Wolverine (healing factor/skeleton)

Thunderbird

Warpath

Armor

Adam Warlock

Diamond Lil

Deathlok

Skar

Wendigo

Venom

Rhino

Super Skrull

Apocalypse

Mr Sinister

Blob

Kang

Loki

Strong Guy

Speedball

Sleepwalker

Slapstick

Ultron

Tombstone

Carnage

Cyber

Absorbing Man

Abomination

Scorpion

Thunderstrike

Beta Ray Bill

Holocaust

Onslaught

Dracula

Man Thing

Kang

Sebastian Shaw

Sasquatch

Ulik

Annihilus

Darkhawk (Annihaltion)

Starhawk

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.