UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> WHY was Bravo PUA BANNED????!

12/4/12 11:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
logic672
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Esteemed forum member Bravo PUA was BANNED - and one can only assume that it was related to his thread about the UG iPhone App.

Bravo PUA respectfully asked why, for the PAID app, were Ads being added? The mods indicated that it was just for a weekend. However, a month later the Ads came back, so Bravo PUA called this out.

This prompted a discussion where forum members were talking about contacting the BBB. Bravo PUA said he would look into Apple's app policy about whether Paid apps are allowed to show ads.

He emailed the mods, PM'ed Chris, and now he is BANNED!

So, my question to the mods and owners of this site is: When a repeat customer has a legitimate customer service question and emails you guys, PMs you guys, and makes a thread- this is how you treat them???
12/4/12 11:44 AM
Kirik
1365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Checking in now to see what the issue was. There have been multiple screen names on the account so maybe that is it.

It is def not complaining about the paid app, or there would be about 100 people banned!!?!

As far as the paid app goes, the $2 that people pay does not cover all the upgrades that people want. So twice, for two days each, we had ads on it. Given the feedback, we probably won't do it again, but it will without a doubt take longer to make all the changes that people want, too.

12/4/12 11:55 AM
logic672

Thanks Kirik.

Bravo PUA just emailed you.

The Ad thread was not about the standard ads. It was about the NEW ones that popped up at the top of the threads.
12/4/12 12:00 PM
logic672

..and this thread was moved to the "What If" forum WHY EXACTLY????
12/7/12 3:44 PM
BravoPUA
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just unbanned

Still don't know why I was banned, I was NOT posting under multiple accounts

-at least not for quite a while- not since I made this account BravoPUA- after I got the name change I said I wasn't going to anymore- and have tried to be a positive addition to the forum

Really bums me out that the ad thread and this all went this way

such a shame...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.