UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chuck Norris talks about 1st time meeting Gracies

12/5/12 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theseanster
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

that is BAD ASS!

12/5/12 6:58 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrEgg - In Chuck's auto biography he has a chapter called the amazing Gracies. Where he talks about getting choked out. He also says he has since earned a black belt in BJJ and was at a seminar w/ them in the 90's and he choked out like 20-30 something black belts back to back

That's the difference between someone who can actually fight and isn't ashamed of his past Vs. a walking inflated ego

Look how defensive Segall got with Couture. Couture made some offhand comment about not wanting to fight young and dangerous MMA fighters anymore so he'd only take on Segall, and Segall gives that retarded, mysterious response about how he'd fight him in a NHB death match with no witnesses lol

Of course Segall's a gentleman so Couture would still be able to walk away at the end...

After signing a non-disclosure agreement, naturally
12/5/12 6:59 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Action stars like JCVD or Norris actually sparred contact a ton and were obsessed with learning newer, less known martial arts. I got mad respect for that, same way Bruce Lee would throw in random arm-bars or subs in his kung-fu movies at a time when you'd usually see shit like Drunken boxing or Wu-tang style lol
12/5/12 7:42 PM
Blah Blah Blah
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
12/5/12 9:09 PM
Spoonie Luv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried to sub to this thread but Chuck Norris subbed me instead :0( Phone Post
12/5/12 10:56 PM
McLeod
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I am fully aware that this probably happened the way he says, and he trains with the Machados obviously and is a good friend. However, he may be a little "sketchy" on the details. I asked Royce once if he ever actually rolled with Any action stars (discussing the lethal weapon movies) and he said no not really rolling. If this story Chuck is talking about was from obver 28-29 years ago (depending when that interview is from) then Royce would've been what? 17 or 18? Royce is like 46 now. Royce moved tot he US to teach for Rorion when he was 17. so do the date match up? I'm thinking he went and rolled with some Gracies, maybe Rickson, and got tooled and then after learning more about the family, decided the story might be a bit better if it was the three most well known of them there. :)
Or it could've been the story as spoken. I don't much care, I'm just bored and thinking out loud on the keyboard.
12/5/12 11:08 PM
Hemlock
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait.

He has been with the Rorion/Machado combined for for 28 years as of that video?

Right now in 2012 Royce is 45.

how old was Royce when he was rolling with him.

I think something is suspect
12/5/12 11:14 PM
RayRaysFunhouse
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How could anyone not like Chuck Norris? Such a calm and modest guy. He's like a badass grandpa. Phone Post
12/5/12 11:26 PM
chauda
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Norris Vs. Seagal, Zuffa make it happen.

12/5/12 11:45 PM
kickasspoolparty
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is awesome!
12/5/12 11:53 PM
Erik Tracey
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd Phone Post
12/6/12 12:03 AM
Rear Naked Chode
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chauda - 

Norris Vs. Seagal, Zuffa make it happen.

Walker by spinning backfist ko.
12/6/12 12:05 AM
dennis5
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
12/6/12 12:10 AM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why the fake hair chuck.
12/6/12 4:51 AM
Fight! UK Online
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck is a dude!

12/6/12 1:16 PM
6ULDV8
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buddied up with Bruce Lee before it was cool too.  He was world karate champ like always.

Golan-Globus flicks kind of sucked, but fuck it, Chuck Norris.

If you haven't already, read his books.  They're awesome.

12/6/12 1:41 PM
Johnny_Bunzels
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Phone Post
12/6/12 2:13 PM
chauda

Edited: 12/06/12 2:16 PM

Walker Texas Ranger Lever

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.