UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Wwe twitter reporting Cm punk knee surgery.....

12/4/12 3:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_DontToewsMeBro!!
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@WWE: BREAKING NEWS: @WWE Champion @CMPunk undergoing emergency knee surgery. Full details: http://t.co/LDoNxaTX

WWE.com has learned WWE Champion CM Punk is currently undergoing surgery on his knee in Pensacola, Fla.

Last night, after Ryback drove him through a table, The Straight Edge Superstar took a late night flight to Florida for an emergency consultation with Dr. James Andrews. A review of his condition resulted in the WWE Champion’s immediate surgery today. (PHOTOS FROM RAW)

WWE.com will continue to report on Punk’s condition as more details become available. Phone Post
12/4/12 3:10 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/04/12 3:15 PM

Punk gets injured...

and Vince is about to take the briefcase off of Ziggler.

Strap in Fellas, the following weeks could be some of the worst booking we've ever seen

12/4/12 3:32 PM
Tom Lawlor
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should borrow from the UFC and have an interim title tournament. This way it doesn't kill CM Punk's streak, and then they can put a title on RyBack until further notice.

One night tournament, just make the announced matches so far for TLC part of it all, including stipulations.

Cena over Ziggler for the MiTB. Ryback goes over Cena in the next round after the Shield attacks Ryback, Ryback wins the belt in the finals over the Big Show, Cena cashes in on Show and wins the title. Him and Ryback face off each holding a title as the ppv ends. Phone Post
12/4/12 3:39 PM
BigWilliam
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I cannot get is how the WWE is going to sell Cena v Ziggler when they let Cena destroy him on live tv a couple weeks back, how is Ziggler supposed to look like a challenger now? It's like when they let Cena take out Miz and Truth right before he and the Rock tag teamed against them.
12/4/12 3:59 PM
torquemada
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, I live in Pensacola. Must be at Andrews. Phone Post
12/4/12 4:17 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it looks like punk's title reign is over and so is his match with the rock.

Dave Meltzer of f4wonline.com is now reporting that the surgery was supposed to be minor, but now it's looking like the damage was worse than originally expected and Punk won't be wrestling in the main event of the upcoming WWE TLC pay-per-view as advertised.
12/4/12 4:44 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just posted on wwe.com 

CM Punk underwent knee surgery today to remove a piece of torn meniscus that had locked up his knee,” said Andrews’ colleague, WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann. “The surgery, performed by Dr. James Andrews, went smoothly and CM Punk is expected to make a full recovery.

12/4/12 5:34 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much is Andrews worth? 

Seems he's the only surgeon the WWE/NFL/MLB/NBA uses. 

12/4/12 5:58 PM
imkeithhernandez
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Torn meniscus.. punk will be back in a month to six weeks..pretty fast rehab for that surgery nowadays Phone Post
12/4/12 6:03 PM
imkeithhernandez
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No idea how much Andrews is worth but I went to Dr.Meyers who does every pro athletes sports hernia surgery..when I thought I had it...dude drove a Mazzeratti to work and his office was in the Naval Shipyard with Lincoln Financial Stadium as the view from his office...He had millions for sure Phone Post
12/4/12 6:43 PM
Festus
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor - They should borrow from the UFC and have an interim title tournament. This way it doesn't kill CM Punk's streak, and then they can put a title on RyBack until further notice.

One night tournament, just make the announced matches so far for TLC part of it all, including stipulations.

Cena over Ziggler for the MiTB. Ryback goes over Cena in the next round after the Shield attacks Ryback, Ryback wins the belt in the finals over the Big Show, Cena cashes in on Show and wins the title. Him and Ryback face off each holding a title as the ppv ends. Phone Post
And FINALLY they can debut the new title and unite them later. This would be a great way of doing it imo Phone Post
12/4/12 7:29 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imkeithhernandez - Torn meniscus.. punk will be back in a month to six weeks..pretty fast rehab for that surgery nowadays Phone Post
which menisci was it..? since each knee joint has two. a medial meniscus C shaped and a lateral meniscus O shaped. Its more than likely the medial side since this receives alot of stress. I wonder if they put in an artificial one.

They are basically a spongey like feel which provides cushion to the bones and help with valgus and varus opposed forces placed on knee joint. Never had knee problems thank god. Phone Post
12/4/12 8:13 PM
bigironmike79
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor - They should borrow from the UFC and have an interim title tournament. This way it doesn't kill CM Punk's streak, and then they can put a title on RyBack until further notice.

Damn Tom. I dig it. If that whole UFC thing doesn't work out for ya, u should holler at Vince. Phone Post
12/4/12 8:17 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It didn't say he tore his meniscus it says there was a pice from his meniscus Tare that was messing with him
He probably Torn his meniscus a while a go and got the surgery when he was fired or something and it just didn't heal right so he got it looked at and fixed up Phone Post
12/4/12 8:27 PM
torquemada
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winky is Wright -

He is THE ortho guy in the SE. I used to treat his shoulder patients years ago. Ironically moved here.
He's got a huge office in Gulf Breeze. Any doc in his practice is solid. Phone Post
12/4/12 8:43 PM
Gino_Corona
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess the good news is that we won't have to sit through another one of his boring matches for at least a month. The bad news is that his matches will be 10x more brutal when he comes back since he'll be protecting that knee... Phone Post
12/4/12 9:21 PM
UGCTT_OBEY

Gino_Corona - I guess the good news is that we won't have to sit through another one of his boring matches for at least a month. The bad news is that his matches will be 10x more brutal when he comes back since he'll be protecting that knee... Phone Post
Good god I only see your name when you have something negative to say about punk he may not be the best but he's better then 90% of that locker room Phone Post
12/4/12 9:35 PM
CMX
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino only likes in ring technicians such as Hogan , Orton and Cena Phone Post
12/5/12 2:30 AM
Dos Huevos Gigante
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Raptor -  So ryback finally got someone hurt. Phone Post

A powerbomb through a table doesn't seem very taxing on the knees.

Pre-existing condition?
12/5/12 3:00 AM
CMX
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was wrapped last week during the Kane match and when he went to move you could see his knee give out and pretty much hobbled the whole match Phone Post
12/5/12 4:18 AM
RML
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks. His title reign was interesting to me. Phone Post
12/5/12 10:11 AM
Philanderer
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winky is Wright - 

I had to do a double take. The first time I read that, I thought you posted

"Seems he's the only surgeon the WWE/NAMBLA uses."
12/5/12 12:24 PM
CryLikeAGirl
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since he's straight edge, does that mean he doesn't take the prescribed pain meds after surgery?
12/5/12 12:53 PM
torubu
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CryLikeAGirl - Since he's straight edge, does that mean he doesn't take the prescribed pain meds after surgery?

I doubt it.. he's not holistic. They're prescribed for a legitimate purpose, straight edge would just stop him from using them recreationally.

12/5/12 1:21 PM
Matt "Meals on Wheels" Hitman
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had full knee reconstruction and did it without pain meds beyond the initial anesthesia. Hurt like a son of a bitch for months.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.