UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Couture Responds to Seagal NHB Challenge

12/5/12 8:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 8:17 AM

look below, another UGer who knows better than AS and Machida! See I told you the forum is full of them! LMFAO
12/5/12 8:16 AM
Munk

LOL, aikido fags are still spouting their crap?

Once again, your "art" is fantasy bullshit. Every discipline that has something to offer has stepped up and been evaluated, but you ladies still hide behind the "we are too dangerous" veil of anonymity. Sorry but that just doesn't cut it any more.

The few I've seen step into an MMA gym quickly realize they've been duped by O'Shitstain.
12/5/12 8:18 AM
AgedCaviar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatBuddha -
Warriormmd - 

Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

actually, as someone who just scored in the 97th percentile of the GRE verbal section, I have no idea what the hell that means so I wouldn't call that a "nice choice of words". Just in case I was missing something I looked up organically on dictionary.com. The closest conceivable defintion that could make Randy's statement make any kind of sense is "organically"'s 7th most common meaning, "naturally", i.e. "it could happen naturally I suppose." This still doesn't make much sense, since Randy would have to take volitional action to actually arrange where to show up (and to show up) somewhere where there are no witnesses. Is Randy "dick-tucking" to Sensei Seagal's response to his challenge? If I'm missing something, someone please let me know.

"organically" - defintions below:

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

of, relating to, derived from, or characteristic of living plants and animals

of or relating to animal or plant constituents or products having a carbon basis

of or relating to one or more organs of an animal or plant

Compare inorganic of, relating to, or belonging to the class of chemical compounds that are formed from carbon: an organic compound

constitutional in the structure of something; fundamental; integral

of or characterized by the coordination of integral parts; organized

developing naturally: organic change through positive education

of or relating to the essential constitutional laws regulating the government of a state: organic law

of, relating to, or grown with the use of fertilizers or pesticides deriving from animal or vegetable matter, rather than from chemicals

-- n

any substance, such as a fertilizer or pesticide, that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

organic food collectively
Good luck in grad school. Hope your trolling about not understanding a pretty straight forward statement. Phone Post
12/5/12 8:20 AM
mofomike
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Is this real life?

12/5/12 9:36 AM
6ULDV8
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would be awesome

12/5/12 10:40 AM
FatBuddha
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 10:42 AM
You guys can organically kiss my ass. Sensei by anything he wants. Martial Arts Master beats wrestler any day of the week.
12/5/12 11:20 AM
Trick or Truth
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everytime a Seagal thread pops up, the trolls come out of the woodwork.

12/5/12 12:02 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

^Yep. Pretty predictable. Harmless though.

12/5/12 12:15 PM
Elias Cepeda
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatBuddha - I would really like to do a private lesson with Sensei Seagal one day btw

It would have to be a private as he doesn't do group classes. Too many witnesses

12/5/12 12:17 PM
E55 Pilot
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once again. Why is is that TMA fans never realize that ANYONE can eyegauge, junkpunch etc? You don't need to be trained to fight dirty to fight dirty.
12/5/12 12:22 PM
Lazer MMA

Elias Cepeda - 
FatBuddha - I would really like to do a private lesson with Sensei Seagal one day btw

It would have to be a private as he doesn't do group classes. Too many witnesses

Yea i'm surprised that he let anyone tape them when he trained AS and Machida too. Ever see AS react when in the training? Like Seagal said, "it's not much fun". You saw right Elias?
12/5/12 12:34 PM
chawkins
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone who knows anything about fighting really think that Seagal has a chance? Randy ruins Seagal's life any day, any time, any way he wants to.
12/5/12 12:41 PM
Munk

"Seagal would destroy randy, it's a different world entirely "

Yes, a fantasy world.
12/5/12 12:43 PM
Phil999

TeamRenzo4Life - I'm sorry but wasn't it PROVEN that both Silva and Machida used techniques that Steven Segal showed them, or at least helped them hone? Its documented on video. I saw a wonderful post by a UGer that shows the before and after.
-Segal showing them a technique in training
-Machida/Silva using that EXACT technique in their subsequent victorious bouts. I sure wish I could find it.

You mean the same techniques I learned in Karate class 30 years ago?
12/5/12 12:48 PM
Phil999

Fenixstriker - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I love how guys who do TMA's think that guys who do MMA won't go NHB when neccessary.

A simple matter of training, even "mma" guys can agree that you play like you practice.

Someone like Stephan Seagal whose trainings consist of thousands of hours of attacking small joints, groin, eyes and throats will perform on rote muscle memory in that fashion.

No need to fight for underhooks against mr Couture when he does what he is trained to do and clinches, simply gouge out his eye and grab him where his cup usually is. His strong base wont be there when he is singing falsetto.

And dont expect him to defend that area well either, too many hundreds of opponents have avoided it, and taught him that he can ignore covering his eyes and crotch, and hands for that matter.

thanks for my laugh of the day. It's friggin Aikido.
I doubt SS has ever taken a shot to the head r/t.
12/5/12 12:50 PM
Phil999

MTH - 
Fenixstriker - The point isnt about the real world application ( of which I have much experience having bounced for 12 years), its about the methods both men have trained.

If I train in a particular fashion for most of my career, when I am thrust into unfamiliarity I will likely flounder.

Look at many of the most dominant champions of Pride. They struggled to adapt to the Octagon, based on some variations in the rules between organizations.

You think that the same challenges wont be faced when someone who has never had an opponent strike for his eyes or groin, or fish hook them will react the same when they've traine otherwise for thousands of hours?

Again, it a battle among rough equals, those kinds of considerations could matter.  The Pride fighters, for example.

But how many of Seagal's "opponents" have attacked his eyes and groin?  How many eyes has he "ripped out" and testicles has he crushed?  How many "fish hooks" has Seagal actually done?  Now . . . how many times has Couture actually slammed somebody?  Exactly. 

The methods of training for Couture involve thousands fo hours of really moving people who are really good and who really don't want to be moved.  Seagal has none of that background.  His eye poke/groin smash/fish hook training is all conducted on willing opponents while he "simulated" those "vicious" attacks. 

You're really suggesting that the most likely outcome when Seagal is clinched by Olympic level wrestler Couture, would be that Seagal would fall back on his years of PRETENDING to attack eye balls or groins and execute such a move for real?  While having his torso flattened against Couture and his base ripped out from under him?  That's ridiculous.

Couture's training is much, much closer to reality than Seagal's.  Randy would win however he liked, but the expected method would be he'd box his way in, clinch, slam, and submit or beat viciously.  That'd happen 10 out of 10 times.  And there'd be absolutely nothing Seagal would be able to do about it.

+1
12/5/12 12:51 PM
Phil999

Fenixstriker - 
MTH - 
Fenixstriker - A simple matter of training, even "mma" guys can agree that you play like you practice.

Someone like Stephan Seagal whose trainings consist of thousands of hours of attacking small joints, groin, eyes and throats will perform on rote muscle memory in that fashion.

No need to fight for underhooks against mr Couture when he does what he is trained to do and clinches, simply gouge out his eye and grab him where his cup usually is. His strong base wont be there when he is singing falsetto.

And dont expect him to defend that area well either, too many hundreds of opponents have avoided it, and taught him that he can ignore covering his eyes and crotch, and hands for that matter.

HAHAHAAHHAHAAA.

Spoken like someone who's never actually been clinched by a legitimate wrestler.  And--I'd wager--someone who has also no doubt never actually gouged out anyone's eye or grabbed anyone's groin.

And I'd expect Seagal hasn't ripped out many eyes or crushed many testicles either. 

In a battle of clinching equals, being able to attempt to dig at an opponent's eyes or groin may have an effect.  Stop the takedown, then work those areas as yet another route of escape.  But if you're not up to par to actually defend the clinch in the first place, you're going down much too fast to be effective.

The point isnt about the real world application ( of which I have much experience having bounced for 12 years), its about the methods both men have trained.

If I train in a particular fashion for most of my career, when I am thrust into unfamiliarity I will likely flounder.

Look at many of the most dominant champions of Pride. They struggled to adapt to the Octagon, based on some variations in the rules between organizations.

You think that the same challenges wont be faced when someone who has never had an opponent strike for his eyes or groin, or fish hook them will react the same when they've traine otherwise for thousands of hours?

truly delusional.
12/5/12 1:26 PM
MisterFixit
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All this was settled by the time UFC4 rolled around.

Funny thread though. Phone Post
12/5/12 1:42 PM
8flat
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Seagull is 60yrs old and one dorito away from a heart attack.

2. Randy's power double would break his hip.

3. After reading about Seagull beating up women and bullying other actors/staff on movie sets, I hope the POS gets what's coming to him.

4. This is actor-bashing, not fighter bashing. LOL
12/5/12 1:44 PM
Melvin Junko

Edited: 12/05/12 1:46 PM
No way Randy could beat Seagal

In a pie eating contest

to the death!
12/5/12 1:46 PM
8flat
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - Seagal would destroy randy, it's a different world entirely

Based on what, Seagull's 2-0 record against girls? The POS beat up women, that's the extent of his fighting experience outside of a movie set.
12/5/12 1:46 PM
rockwell
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSBtro11 - He's one of those rare , real life trolls of life. It's hilarious Phone Post
I don't think he is a troll though.
I think he genuinely believes he would stand a chance at beating Randy despite having watched MMA. Phone Post
12/5/12 1:50 PM
mikerobmma
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fenixstriker -
Shroom - In a street fight, Randy picks Seagull up and slams him on concrete and fight's over.

Even amateur HW fighters could tool Seagull

More likely Master Seagal would see the situation, and walk away the better man, following the laws of the land.
I checked to see if this was a SuperCalo reply. Alas.... Phone Post
12/5/12 1:51 PM
akaioni

Randy will do fine as long as he doesn't attack with the following:

1. Yokomenuchi
2. Shomenuchi
3. Maegeari
4. Munetsuki
5. Katatedori
6. Ryotedori
7. Kosadori
12/5/12 1:56 PM
8flat

rockwell - 
OSBtro11 - He's one of those rare , real life trolls of life. It's hilarious Phone Post
I don't think he is a troll though.
I think he genuinely believes he would stand a chance at beating Randy despite having watched MMA. Phone Post

Agreed. If you read about the shit he pulls on people you'll realize how arrogant he is. In contrast, Couture's humble enough to admit that James Toney would probably knock him out in a pure boxing match. Seagull is arrogant, yet obtuse.

Besides, he probably can't defend a takedown any better than he could do a situp.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.