UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem: I looked DFW in the eyes and apologized

12/4/12 7:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Alistair Overeem recently was interviewed on ESPN 1100 about the failed drug test that led to his removal from the all heavyweight UFC 146, and a nine month suspension. When it initially happened, Overeem did not directly apologize to UFC President Dana White, but when he eventually did, things turned around.

"I never really dealt with Dana," said Overeem. "Just hello and goodbye, we never really spoke really. Of course there's a respect from my side and his side, a mutual respect but when this happened, the show has to go on. The show didn't go on and I took responsibility for it but we didn't speak.

"I was in Vegas, I was in a meeting at the UFC headquarters and I actually took the time to wait for him to finish with his business. I stepped into his office and took responsibility and I said it was my fault. I think for him hearing that directly out of my mouth and by looking each other in the eyes that was good, good for the relationship.

"That's what I would like to hear if my employees messed up, I would like to hear directly from them. I just told him that I messed up, the show has to go on, it didn't, I take responsibility, these are the steps that I've taken, these are the steps I'm going to take and he appreciated that.

"Immediately after I noticed a difference in his tone so I think that was the right thing to do."

12/4/12 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BooZe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Real man shit Phone Post
12/4/12 7:27 PM
Smith1234
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like overeem. Phone Post
12/4/12 7:28 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what'll happen when he fails his second drug test. Will he look him in the eyes even more directly when he admits to Dana a second time that the failed drug test was his own fault again?
12/4/12 7:30 PM
The Overseer
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can own up to his mistakes. I like that, mad respect for Overeem now. Phone Post
12/4/12 7:37 PM
Hocky Balboa
10654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked a gift horse in the mouth. Phone Post
12/4/12 7:40 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - Stefan Struve is going to put him to sleep.

12/4/12 7:40 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -  He looked a gift horse in the mouth. Phone Post

....and then he ate it.
12/4/12 7:47 PM
xXJayRobXx
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He took responsibility for what happened and he did the right thing. Powerful Overeem. Phone Post
12/4/12 7:51 PM
Evolvable

I dunno. He still didn't really "own up to his mistakes" or "take responsibility" insofar as he still hasn't admitted to taking steroids.

As far as I know, he claimed it was a anti-inflammatory drug that a doctor gave him... in my mind, that isn't really owning up to his role in all this.

Of course, I am assuming that he knowingly takes steroids.

Who among you thinks he is all natural (i.e., no steroids)?
12/4/12 7:51 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

steps taking = cycling off sooner?

12/4/12 7:54 PM
epwar
538 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apologized for what?  According to Overeem in his hearing, he did nothing wrong.

12/4/12 8:05 PM
EdTheGreat

Probably apologizing for visiting this guy. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/24/2972497/alistair-overeems-doctor-has-a-very-interesting-background
12/4/12 8:09 PM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evolvable - I dunno. He still didn't really "own up to his mistakes" or "take responsibility" insofar as he still hasn't admitted to taking steroids.

As far as I know, he claimed it was a anti-inflammatory drug that a doctor gave him... in my mind, that isn't really owning up to his role in all this.

Steroids ARE anti-inflammatory drugs. Maybe Overeem needs a pharmacy tech on his team.
12/4/12 8:23 PM
Evolvable

armbarseverywhere - 
Evolvable - I dunno. He still didn't really "own up to his mistakes" or "take responsibility" insofar as he still hasn't admitted to taking steroids.

Steroids ARE anti-inflammatory drugs. Maybe Overeem needs a pharmacy tech on his team.

No no. You have the relationship wrong. Maybe all anti-inflamatories have steroids, but not all steroids are anti-inflammatory drugs.

But let's not focus on that. The point is, people think Overeem is being a big man here... but really he isn't. He hasn't admitted to his role in taking steroids (or his true purpose behind taking them). He isn't being a big man. He is being a coward.
12/4/12 8:53 PM
shatefak

I dont really care if he does steroids. What pisses me off is that he got caught. I really REALLY wanted to see what he could do to JDS. Hopefully that fight will happen when they are both at their best. No ringrust excuses.
12/4/12 9:41 PM
kinson

I still don't like the guy. Phone Post
12/4/12 9:42 PM
catgobling

ALL HAIL OVEREEM.

last dude id ever want to step in a cage with.

i like JDS too but i think overeem is taking the belt son, cant wait for his next fight.

12/4/12 9:54 PM
udk

took him a while...no?
12/4/12 10:35 PM
BoondockJOSH
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think I could be a fan of his after all the bullshit that went on with him and the hearings, but I He owned up too it and has "made" changes then I will happy be a fan to support his brand. Props it takes a lot to be a real man and man up. Phone Post
12/4/12 11:07 PM
Clarence Parents
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
12/4/12 11:11 PM
Toquinho
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said: I look him in the eye anf then apolohized.. Then flexed my bicep and gave him the number of the doctor that provided me with the goods :) Phone Post
12/4/12 11:13 PM
stonepony

What were his actual words? "I'm sorry I allowed my doctor to trick me in to taking steroids"?
12/4/12 11:29 PM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EdTheGreat - Probably apologizing for visiting this guy. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/24/2972497/alistair-overeems-doctor-has-a-very-interesting-background

Holy shit! His doctor is Nick Riviera!
12/5/12 1:36 AM
CindyO

Kings21 - 
Hocky Balboa -  He looked a gift horse in the mouth. Phone Post

....and then he ate it.

LMAO!!! VTFU!

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.