UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> my Topps UFC Bloodlines sketch card drawings

12/6/12 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Son of Neckbone
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy awesome.

So when you draw the original of these, they truly are card sized?

Also I love the idea that you are able to fit some of them together for a larger picture, but individually they still frame a stand alone shot.

Great work and thank you.
12/6/12 2:09 PM
caseharts
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great work! Phone Post
12/6/12 3:41 PM
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu - 

Thanks Jacob...think the above post answered most of your questions...but also Topps had posted on twitter that they were thinking about using original artwork in a future set awhile back, and asked who people would like to see do it. I contacted them and told them I was interested, but I think a lot of kind folks also said they'd appreciate seeing my work in a Topps set and soon they contacted me about it.

That's awesome man.
12/6/12 5:18 PM
bradu
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone - Crazy awesome.

So when you draw the original of these, they truly are card sized?

Also I love the idea that you are able to fit some of them together for a larger picture, but individually they still frame a stand alone shot.

Great work and thank you.

correct, the originals are actually what goes into the packs. I was just at the local card shop I've been going to since I was about 12, and I took in a couple of the sketch cards I got to keep to show the owner. I had told him several months ago that I was going to work on a future Topps set, but I don't think he beleived me.

Anyway, as he's looking at the Couture one, he asks "now how big are the originals?" And I said "that is the original that you're holding". It was funny watching the expression on his face change and watching him inspect the card closer to realize that was the actual drawing.

So Fedex just dropped off my boxes, super excited to rip into em!

12/8/12 2:07 AM
bradu
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 2:07 AM

3 of them have surfaced so far, though I imagine more have been pulled...Bart Paleschwezsxqi posted on twitter that he pulled this pencil Royce:

Then a Roy Nelson and BJ Penn popped up on ebay:

and just now as I'm typing this I was just told the Glover Teixeira also surfaced:

12/8/12 2:08 AM
caseharts
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really admire you man.

12/8/12 7:18 AM
ec
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, the jds one sold on eBay for $500!

Congrats bud! I hope to buy a box and get a card. Phone Post
12/8/12 10:14 AM
bradu

ec -  Yeah, the jds one sold on eBay for $500!

hadn't even seen that...it doesn't show up under completed listings, but neither does the  BJ. Does it take a day or so for them to show up or something?

12/8/12 10:24 AM
tripleBak Big Rigged Me
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome man. I remember tweeting at the Topps UFC to hire you. Glad you got it, these are great Phone Post
12/8/12 10:30 AM
cdmontgo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice work!
12/8/12 10:30 AM
ricksongjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Brad,thats awesome to see you do a deal with the UFC.They look great.I love the two card sets put together.I'll need to get the Penn Hughes cards.
12/8/12 11:44 AM
bradu

ricksongjj - Wow Brad,thats awesome to see you do a deal with the UFC.They look great.I love the two card sets put together.I'll need to get the Penn Hughes cards.

Thanks! The puzzle cards (that go together) were not my favorite, personally. But you're not alone, a lot of collectors seem to like those best.

12/8/12 3:39 PM
ec
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -
ec -  Yeah, the jds one sold on eBay for $500!

hadn't even seen that...it doesn't show up under completed listings, but neither does the  BJ. Does it take a day or so for them to show up or something?

Weird, shows up for me. I'm using the app though. Here is a pic:

Phone Post
12/8/12 3:43 PM
caseharts

bradu do you use ebay to sell a lot of your art?

I use redbubble.com

http://www.redbubble.com/people/caseharts

12/8/12 3:57 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

truly impressive

12/9/12 12:09 AM
bradu

ec by the time you posted that, it was showing up for me, too. But before that, it was not. I think there must be a delay of a few hours after an auction is completed, before it shows up under completed auctions doing a search.

Caseharts, I've used e-bay a bit. Mostly testing things out. Wouldn't exactly recommend it, but we'll see if that changes with this Topps stuff. I just posted a few things today. I've never heard of redbubble, but will check it out! Thanks.

12/9/12 12:37 AM
reagan123
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

S Phone Post
12/9/12 1:27 AM
smags
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The creepy one is awesome Phone Post
12/12/12 2:10 AM
bradu

Edited: 12/12/12 2:10 AM

12/12/12 2:14 AM
bradu

12/12/12 2:15 AM
bradu

like I said, I give up on the sizes. That GSP is one of my artist returns, it's up on ebay right now. These are the ones that have surfaces in the last couple of days.

12/12/12 2:19 AM
bradu

almost missed it but a friend of mine pulled this Bones!

12/12/12 2:31 AM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Brad.. those are bad ass.. thanks for sharing them here!!

12/12/12 2:34 AM
bradu

Thanks Rick...this is only about half of them. I'll keep posting as more surface

12/12/12 6:08 AM
theshooter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent work.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.