UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> my Topps UFC Bloodlines sketch card drawings

12/12/12 6:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RedDragonUK
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bradu these are fantastic, great work adapting to the copics too. So pleased you got this gig.
12/12/12 11:11 AM
bradu
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, I appreciate the support. Yeah I actually really love copics now. Just thinking back to when I first started brainstorming how I was gonna get all these done...I did the first few in pencil, and then I started in with copics and never looked back.

12/14/12 1:43 AM
bradu
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a handful more have surfaced:

12/14/12 2:01 AM
Captain Epic
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

these are amazing bro. im so glad i know about these now. also you really captured the serial killer crazy in rorys eyes. well done Phone Post
12/14/12 2:41 AM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man you draw all day somnnnn Phone Post
12/14/12 2:54 AM
UGCTT Private First Class America
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Phone Post
12/14/12 4:44 AM
bradu

Captain Epic -  these are amazing bro. im so glad i know about these now. also you really captured the serial killer crazy in rorys eyes. well done Phone Post

Rory's a killer alright!

12/17/12 7:26 PM
bradu

Edited: 12/17/12 7:27 PM

12/17/12 8:34 PM
rtwil2007
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brad these are awesome...I guess I need to seek out some of them to go with the old card set I bought off of you years ago
12/17/12 9:39 PM
bradu

rtwil2007 - Brad these are awesome...I guess I need to seek out some of them to go with the old card set I bought off of you years ago

cool, yeah I'm just about out of the cards from the first set, but the info on the back is obsolete anyway...I should have a new set out within a month or two.

12/17/12 9:48 PM
bradu

12/18/12 8:49 PM
bradu

As these cards surfacing one at a time has slowed down quite a bit since the set has been out a couple weeks now, I decided to just post all of them. So you can now see the entire 106 cards in my original post. Let me know which is your favorite!

12/18/12 10:02 PM
MMASMG
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome work the first nate diaz , condit and first royce are my favs. Also uncle creepy is BA.

12/19/12 2:34 AM
bradu

MMASMG - 

Awesome work the first nate diaz , condit and first royce are my favs. Also uncle creepy is BA.

first Nate? The yellow one? My fave is the other Nate, I only did the yellow one because I was planning to keep the other and had to replace it. But I liked that one, too. The Royce wasn't my fave, but I'm glad you like it

12/19/12 12:25 PM
bradu

I also did an interview with cardboardconnection about my involvment with Topps and sketch cards. It all started here on the UG!:

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/ufc-sketch-card-artist-brad-utterstrom-interview

12/19/12 1:15 PM
shoman
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shomanart.com, Artist. TapouT Radio

So dope! I can't believe how many you did! And pretty friggin quickly too.

12/19/12 1:16 PM
shoman
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh... and VOTED UP for being the OG mma artist!

12/19/12 1:27 PM
Rear Naked Chode
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome stuff man, great job. Really like the hendo vs shogun one, but allot of them are great.
12/19/12 3:06 PM
bradu

shoman - 

Yeah, honestly when they told me they wanted 100+ cards in 2 months (while working full time) I didn't actually think it was in the realm of possibility. I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity, so I just buckled down and did it.

And about being the OG artist, yeah I had to get the hell out of here when you showed up! But now I'm back. There were a couple other guys even way back then, but I think I was the one who was doing it the most often/consistently.

So when you gonna try a sketch card?

12/19/12 10:21 PM
jmb73
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/20/12 5:07 AM
Jacob Lamb
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt!
12/20/12 5:13 PM
shoman

bradu - 
shoman - 

Yeah, honestly when they told me they wanted 100+ cards in 2 months (while working full time) I didn't actually think it was in the realm of possibility. I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity, so I just buckled down and did it.

And about being the OG artist, yeah I had to get the hell out of here when you showed up! But now I'm back. There were a couple other guys even way back then, but I think I was the one who was doing it the most often/consistently.

i tried it. i made albert pujols look like eddie murphy.

12/20/12 5:25 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shoman -
bradu - 
shoman - 

i tried it. i made albert pujols look like eddie murphy.

Loled so hard Phone Post
12/20/12 8:48 PM
bradu

I think I remember you telling me that now Shoman. They are not very forgiving, that's for sure...there's not much room for error. But I've seen your drawings, every detail is perfect. So I'm sure with a bit of practice you'd surprise yourself. But there's no reason for you to do that if it's not what interests you. For me, I always envisioned trading cards.

I do have to say though that before the Topps deal, I had pretty much given up on sketch cards for the same reason...I was like 'why draw so small when it takes me just as long as a 9x12 but it's not as good and it sells for less than half as much? But seeing some other sketch card artists' amazing work, I realized that I was just limiting myself...I thought I had reached my best, but it opened my eyes. I was like, hey if they can get a good likeness that size, so can I. So I kept at it, and I feel pretty confident that these Topps sketch cards are better than the sketch cards I had done before.

12/31/12 11:42 AM
bradu

Since Bloodlines has come out, I've discovered that several card dealers do live online breaks that you can watch via video chat. It's kind of fun to sit and watch other people open pack after pack....that said, I don't know that anyone else has noticed but I'm pretty sure I've 'cursed' all the online breakers from getting any sketch cards. I've watched at least 15 cases opened from about 4 different dealers, and never once seen a sketch card come out! And if I'm unable to watch one night, I'll inevitably get a tweet that says "dude, you missed it! We just pulled one of your sketch cards!" lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.