UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> my Topps UFC Bloodlines sketch card drawings

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/17/13 10:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WhoShotYushinOkami
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 10:31 PM

I just got this one in the mail:

photo HendoBWSketch_zpsd08f6c24.jpg

4/17/13 10:46 PM
Mulletron5000
1439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is so fucking awesome. Please sneak a fhaka into one of your next ones. Phone Post
4/18/13 2:08 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome! Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 12:41 AM
bradu
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami - 

I just got this one in the mail:

photo HendoBWSketch_zpsd08f6c24.jpg

nice! I know another big Hendo fan had tracked that one down originally.

I've got Leaf hockey sketch cards that hit the market earlier this months, and Topps baseball which comes out next month. Am currently working on some non-sports stuff that I can't disclose any specifics of just yet.

4/21/13 1:35 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I forgot I also picked up this Hendo:

photo HendoSketch_zpsa92a4a45.jpg

I also tried getting the BW Wanderlei but got outbid by the winner at the last second.

IIR that one went for $430

Beautiful cards!!!!

4/21/13 2:58 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather have one of these than any of my jersey or autographed football cards.

Pure talent and devotion.

I can at least see them on here.

Thank you and keep up your good work and may your level of success meet your considerable gifts. Phone Post
4/21/13 3:14 AM
greenseed
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how many of these are there left in packs? are they in any topps ufc card pack or a special pack?
4/21/13 11:49 AM
bradu
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

greenseed - how many of these are there left in packs? are they in any topps ufc card pack or a special pack?

They are only in Topps UFC Bloodlines packs. buymmacards.com has kept a running tally of how many of them have surfaced, so far there are 28 that haven't yet been found. I suspect that means about 20 are still in packs, as not everyone who pulls one is going to post it on the internet somewhere.

4/21/13 1:09 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  I'd rather have one of these than any of my jersey or autographed football cards.

Thank you and keep up your good work and may your level of success meet your considerable gifts. Phone Post

I have to say that seeing a good sketch card in person really beats any of the other cards I have!

I have 3 of bradu's sketch's and I commisioned a couple from local artist named trev murphy to create a shogun and a seperate the walking dead shane walsh card since I am a huge fan of the show.

4/21/13 1:30 PM
greenseed
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu - 
greenseed - how many of these are there left in packs? are they in any topps ufc card pack or a special pack?

They are only in Topps UFC Bloodlines packs. buymmacards.com has kept a running tally of how many of them have surfaced, so far there are 28 that haven't yet been found. I suspect that means about 20 are still in packs, as not everyone who pulls one is going to post it on the internet somewhere.

thanks bradu.., do you think my local comic shop might carry them or is online a better avenue?
4/21/13 1:35 PM
playboyrichy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomeness! Nice work m8 Phone Post
4/21/13 2:12 PM
bradu

WhoShotYushinOkami - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  I'd rather have one of these than any of my jersey or autographed football cards.

I have to say that seeing a good sketch card in person really beats any of the other cards I have!

I have 3 of bradu's sketch's and I commisioned a couple from local artist named trev murphy to create a shogun and a seperate the walking dead shane walsh card since I am a huge fan of the show.

Trev Murphy is one of the best sketch card artists in the world. His video demos were super helpful to me last year because I had never used markers before but decided to start using them when I got the UFC Bloodlines gig. So I basically used his demos to help me decide which colors to get to start with and learn how to build up from light to dark...from there I've expanded my marker collection quite a bit, but starting from 0 it was quite helpful.

I've got a Words With Friends game going with Trev, lol

4/21/13 3:41 PM
bradu

greenseed - 
bradu - 

thanks bradu.., do you think my local comic shop might carry them or is online a better avenue?

It's HIGHLY unlikely a comic shop would sell them, unless they do a ton in sports cards as well. Online your best bet is probably blowoutcards or dacardworld, they run about $150 a box or a little more I think. I've got one sports card store locally that carried them.

I don't know if you're familiar with sports cards these days, but it's a high end product. That means every pack will have something good (either an autograph or memorabilia card), you get 10 packs in a box.

4/21/13 4:01 PM
DamnHenderson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool man Phone Post
4/22/13 10:32 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami

bradu - 
greenseed - 
bradu - 

It's HIGHLY unlikely a comic shop would sell them, unless they do a ton in sports cards as well. Online your best bet is probably blowoutcards or dacardworld, they run about $150 a box or a little more I think. I've got one sports card store locally that carried them.

I don't know if you're familiar with sports cards these days, but it's a high end product. That means every pack will have something good (either an autograph or memorabilia card), you get 10 packs in a box.

Yeah I usually get my 1 or 2 boxes a year through blowout.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_276_330&products_id=7155

Pretty sure its free shipping over $100 as well.

Also too be honest the odds of getting a sketch are pretty slim from 1 box so a lot of people end up buying a case.

It also looks liek the Reem sketch popped up on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Ufc-Bloodlines-Alistair-Overeem-Sketch-card-1-1-brad-utterstrom-/140960499071?pt=US_UFC_Trading_Cards&hash=item20d1e6857f

4/22/13 7:33 PM
bradu

yeah the best I could figure, a sketch comes out about 1 in 7 cases (1 in 420 packs).

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.