UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barnett: It's 'pretty likely' I'll end up in UFC

12/5/12 1:33 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I think it's pretty likely," Barnett said about the prospects of signing with the UFC. "I think it's a good fit for a person like me. I mean, unless you don't want me to go in there and beat all those dudes up and completely throw your rankings out of whack, and change the whole perception of who the best heavyweights in the world are. Now if you don't want that, then yeah, definitely don't bring me over. But if you just want to have the biggest and best collection of heavyweights in the world, then you've got to have me there."

"I want to go where the opportunity is best," Barnett continued. "And I like the idea of that full roster over there being at my disposal to be disposed of. I've been in this game longer than the new version of the UFC has, so I'm sure that my management and everybody will work it out to wherever fits best, that's where I'll be."

read entire article...

12/5/12 1:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope so Phone Post
12/5/12 1:40 AM
Pizzeria Nova Uno

Josh...I love you... But how can you talk about disposing of the whole roster whem you just lostand lost bad Phone Post
12/5/12 1:49 AM
Brian J DSouza

Its gonna be 800x easier to sell a PPV with a former UFC champion, PRIDE veteran and Strikeforce HW GP finalist than many other current UFC HW's.

That being said, who knows what Zuffa will do? Maybe they have some other great heavyweights waiting in the wings who we just haven't heard of yet?

12/5/12 2:01 AM
Cock and Awe

They are doing this to build up their 2013 Japan show. Same reason Hunt is back. Smart move keep it up Zuffa.

12/5/12 2:02 AM
Toquinho
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC also broke his hand and ragdolled him.. Although josh break looked horrible on that scan.. Anyway.. Both woulf be great additions and IMO josh should fight Mir first in UFC and DC can fight JDS after he lost the belt to Cain. Phone Post
12/5/12 2:39 AM
Couldabeen
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toquinho - DC also broke his hand and ragdolled him.. Although josh break looked horrible on that scan.. Anyway.. Both woulf be great additions and IMO josh should fight Mir first in UFC and DC can fight JDS after he lost the belt to Cain. Phone Post
Makes sense although I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a lower ranked guy to reintroduce him to the UFC audience...

Either way, always been a fan of Barnett and hope he has a good run Phone Post
12/5/12 2:39 AM
mixedmartialfarts
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope so! Phone Post
12/5/12 3:07 AM
nhb1
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he gets a chance. Phone Post
12/5/12 3:30 AM
DanTheWolfman

While I want to see Josh vs Mir and Werdum very badly in the UFC......

I kinda was thinking if I was him I would work for a Double Deal Spike TNA/Bellator DEAL if they allow him 1 fight per year in an outside org, other than UFC, as long as the fight takes place in Asia or Southeast Asia.

Barnett bringing shoot to TNA, going up against King Mo I would definitely watch. I think he is someone Spike would want bad, and he could get them to agree to the once a year deal I propose. This would allow him to go fight in big NY show like the Glory/Dream, or go fight someone once a year in One FC etc and get a payday.

What money spike/Viacom could offer may not be as big a Zuffa but the knowing he could make a good payday once a year in Japan/Malaysia/Phillipines or wherever would be good. Now mind you, he would likely become Bellator Champion and the possibility of him losing in the outside league fight is there, so that could hurt Bellator....but, Really who is there out there even a risk in the HW ranks (other than Arlovski whom I would think Zuffa will pick up again soon)

Just a thought for my favorite guy
12/5/12 3:40 AM
Greenup
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to be in the UFC. Phone Post
12/5/12 3:45 AM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let it be so!!
12/5/12 3:46 AM
Bucephalus

After seeing Josh's hand xray I came to the conclusion that he is an unbelievably tough son of a bitch... I literally can not imagine continuing to fight and throw punches with a hand in that condition. Crazy.
12/5/12 4:07 AM
XcessiveZ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett would be a great addition to the HW division.Id love to see Mir vs Barnett or Werdum vs Barnett. Phone Post
12/5/12 7:43 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm calling it now - Gonzaga Vs Barnett

If the Warhamster doesn't beat Gonzaga then im afraid the only option is Lava "Big" Weiner
12/5/12 7:47 AM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i really hope he ends up in the UFC, lots of good matchups for him.

WAR WARMASTER!!!!

12/5/12 8:44 AM
torquemada
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is a great fighter. I'm just amazed at how things changed. Just a few years ago, he and Dana couldn't stand each other. Phone Post
12/5/12 8:49 AM
Lessphilling
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make it happen Dana! Pyched for this.
12/5/12 8:52 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Barnett, get him in ASAP Phone Post
12/5/12 8:53 AM
Doc T
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh is great. Can't wait to see him put some dudes out with that sleeper hold. Phone Post
12/5/12 9:02 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett needs to be in the UFC. Plain and simple. Great fighter and he will be able to sell fights to the american public.
12/5/12 10:19 AM
jTheHybridwolff
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES! Phone Post
12/5/12 10:25 AM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for the baby faced assasin
12/5/12 10:40 AM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - ttt for the baby faced assasin

+1
12/5/12 12:01 PM
da Vinci 81
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty arrogant for a guy who's pissed hot as many times as him and has well documented animosity towards the UFC to expect to be signed there.

Not to mention having just lost a fight and acting like he'd walk in and beat everyone. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.