UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barnett: It's 'pretty likely' I'll end up in UFC

12/5/12 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

He needs to be in the UFC, he is an excellent fighter and a better talker with more personality than the rest of the HW roster put together.

Yes, when the speculation of ped use is already running rampant let's bring in one of the most flagrant violator's in the sport's history. Phone Post
12/5/12 1:13 PM
chaplinshouse
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 2:16 PM

he's needed, but is there really any drama on if he'll come over?

Barnett: It's 'pretty likely' I'll end up in UFC

front page main story material? you'd think he landed a job coming up with clever nicknames,

12/5/12 1:44 PM
fedorsbelly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would love to see Barnett in UFC again. He's still a very solid heavyweight and would be a handful for anyone.
12/5/12 1:49 PM
Brian J DSouza

da Vinci 81 -  Pretty arrogant for a guy who's pissed hot as many times as him and has well documented animosity towards the UFC to expect to be signed there.

Not to mention having just lost a fight and acting like he'd walk in and beat everyone. Phone Post

Sorry, but what does steroids or PE's have to do with not fighting in the UFC? RE: Chael Sonnen, Sean Sherk, and many other guys?

I thought we agreed that the show must go on at all costs?
12/5/12 2:00 PM
Pride Wanderlei

Josh vs

Bigfoot
Mir
Werdum
Struve
Cain
Roy Nelson

Lets go! Phone Post
12/5/12 2:07 PM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -
da Vinci 81 -  Pretty arrogant for a guy who's pissed hot as many times as him and has well documented animosity towards the UFC to expect to be signed there.

Not to mention having just lost a fight and acting like he'd walk in and beat everyone. Phone Post

Sorry, but what does steroids or PE's have to do with not fighting in the UFC? RE: Chael Sonnen, Sean Sherk, and many other guys?

I thought we agreed that the show must go on at all costs?
Did you not read the rest of the post or intentionally ignore it? Phone Post
12/5/12 2:10 PM
chokeyou

chael, reem, king mo, nate, brock, everyone on TRT..

blah blah. The steroid things tired. you wanna watch flyweights massage each other with punches for 25mins, be my guest.

I want to see guys who want to win.
12/5/12 2:12 PM
chokeyou

Pride Wanderlei -  Josh vs

Bigfoot
Mir
Werdum
Struve
Cain
Roy Nelson

Lets go! Phone Post

skip all those guys.

except an increasingly game ROY he'd wipe the floor with that list.

I want JDS or REEM vs Barnett. That is a calender circling event fight. The kind zuffa seems to have stopped putting on.
12/5/12 2:13 PM
chokeyou

Ryann Von Doom - 
Pizzeria Nova Uno - Josh...I love you... But how can you talk about disposing of the whole roster whem you just lostand lost bad Phone Post
Did you watch the fight? He broke his hand in the first few exchanges and still fought dc hard. Phone Post

he won rounds late with a horrifically broken hand. Pizza is a noob
12/5/12 2:45 PM
lastcall
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

He needs to be in the UFC, he is an excellent fighter and a better talker with more personality than the rest of the HW roster put together.

Yes, when the speculation of ped use is already running rampant let's bring in one of the most flagrant violator's in the sport's history. Phone Post

agreed. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me
12/5/12 2:50 PM
chokeyou

lastcall - 
da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

agreed. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Dear lord, what a crazy position.

Are you aware Vince McMahon was arrested for steroids? He build Brock, who a first year med student could tell was juicing.

If you want to pick and choose people to punish pick guys who can't fight.

Denying the fans the chance to see Barnett fight JDS is a crime.

Cain JDS 3?

Whatever, we won't see eye to eye on this.
12/5/12 3:34 PM
jar of flies
807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett vs. Mir is a fight I've wanted to see for years
12/5/12 3:36 PM
chokeyou

jar of flies - Barnett vs. Mir is a fight I've wanted to see for years

ttt
12/5/12 4:03 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
DanTheWolfman - While I want to see Josh vs Mir and Werdum very badly in the UFC......

I kinda was thinking if I was him I would work for a Double Deal Spike TNA/Bellator DEAL if they allow him 1 fight per year in an outside org, other than UFC, as long as the fight takes place in Asia or Southeast Asia.

Barnett bringing shoot to TNA, going up against King Mo I would definitely watch. I think he is someone Spike would want bad, and he could get them to agree to the once a year deal I propose. This would allow him to go fight in big NY show like the Glory/Dream, or go fight someone once a year in One FC etc and get a payday.

What money spike/Viacom could offer may not be as big a Zuffa but the knowing he could make a good payday once a year in Japan/Malaysia/Phillipines or wherever would be good. Now mind you, he would likely become Bellator Champion and the possibility of him losing in the outside league fight is there, so that could hurt Bellator....but, Really who is there out there even a risk in the HW ranks (other than Arlovski whom I would think Zuffa will pick up again soon)

Just a thought for my favorite guy
Yea Dan, that's great for his career... Phone Post

Dude,

Let him try that after he spends a couple of years in the UFC if he still has the spirit. Josh needs to come back to the UFC asap because that is the place for a heavyweight of his cailiber to be.

While i am not sure he can make a run at the title i do believe that he matches up very well with a lot of heavyweights in the division. With the current injury spree going on i am sure that Zuffa would not mind the addition of someone like Barnett aka someone who is always game to fight and always brings the war.

And lets face it,in these times where entertainment is just as important as fighting skill the WarMaster is also up there with the very best.

Anyways i am very glad to hear that this is happening. I was kind of worried for a little while but seeing Barnett in the UFC (mostly likely) made my day.

12/5/12 4:06 PM
orcus

da Vinci 81 - 
orcus -

That's a point worth considering, but they obviously don't care. Chael tested positive and only had to win one fight to get a second title shot, and after getting destroyed in that one, he's getting another title shot in a higher division.  So two title shots out of three fights after testing positive.

Leben is brought back again and again.

Overeem was the most obvious juicer in the sport, tested positive, and probably the only reason he's not getting an immediate title shot is because they want to try to build him up a little.

Belfort tested positive, got two title shots in four fights.

Why should Barnett be the only guy to test positive who isn't pushed in the UFC?

12/5/12 5:01 PM
ironkong

make it happen uncle fester....
12/5/12 7:13 PM
chokeyou

ironkong - make it happen uncle fester....

lol
12/5/12 7:26 PM
Chris27

I hope so, you can never have enough top level HW, especially ones who can hype a fight, is known in Japan and will come to fight hard each and every time.

as long as he isnt fucking around with PED and he passes all tests including the one he will take for the last SF show it should be good.

Money is gonna be the issue, I dont think Dana's issue will keep him out because Lorenzo would have the final say, its gonna come down to money. He is gonna want alot, most likely 150 to 200k per fight, he makes 150k flat now but we dont know if he is getting some sort of bonus behind the scenes.

12/5/12 7:39 PM
Red Stuff
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't want Barnett in the UFC you're not a fan of mma.
12/5/12 8:27 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "Original" Chael Sonnen. It's a shame he's not in the UFC already.
12/5/12 8:30 PM
Ludelow

no license no barnett in the UFC
12/5/12 9:57 PM
rioz17

Would rather see him in the UFC than tim Sylvia at least Barnett can back up his trash talk unlike Sylvia thats used to getting ko'd and talking shit and on Barnett thinking he can clean out the division I highly doubt he'll get past Velasquez, JDS, reem and Mir give him a fight with schaub or nelson
12/5/12 10:27 PM
RKing85
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh.

There are certainly fighters in the UFC that Josh can beat, but I have no real interest in Josh Barnett at this point in time.
12/5/12 10:58 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - meh.

There are certainly fighters in the UFC that Josh can beat, but I have no real interest in Josh Barnett at this point in time.

Really? I think he adds a nice little spice into the mix.
12/6/12 12:59 AM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like watching josh fight but god damn if I want to see him headline any cards and get popped for juicing again... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.