UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> What other eras were as bad/worse than the PG era?

12/10/12 12:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustPeed
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Driscoll -
TheSwansBoingBoingedMyBaggies -
JustPeed - wwf 96 still had Shawn Nicheals tearing down the house putting on A+ matches for the main.event every night. Phone Post

There was a hell of a lot more garbage like Ahmed Johnson, The Godwinns, Sparky Plugg, the Stalker, the Executioner, Farooq as a Roman gladiator and a storyline about Jeff Jarrett lip synching his theme tune than there was good stuff like Austin, Bret and Shawn. It was the last year before the WWF finally started to push in a new direction.

I see what you're saying, but 1996 had such huge moments that I can't consider it among the worst.

Bret vs. Shawn at WM
The beginning of the Austin era and the era of fans liking the heels
Shawn's unbelievable run
Vader looking like a monster heel for a few months
Goldust's best run
HBK vs. Mankind in September
The beginning of Undertaker's evolution as a character when he broke away from Paul Bearer
Sunny being hot as shit
The first Bret vs. Austin match
Roddy Piper as WWF president
Triple H being buried. When was the last time we saw that?

I know there was a lot of crap like the Goon and TL Hopper, but that was midcard shit that was discarded after a few weeks. I was an 11-year-old kid getting into wrestling heavily for the first time, so I have a lot of nostalgia about 1996. Phone Post
discroll speaks the truth. I agree totally Phone Post
12/10/12 3:54 PM
Winky is Wright
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1995 seemed like they were debuting somebody every week.

Waylon Mercy

Mankind 

Henry Godwin 

Fatu (Rikishi's gimmick about getting out of the hood) 

Man Mountain Rock

Skip

Goldust

Mantaur 

Kama the supreme fighting machine 

many many more... seemed every Raw had a new vignette hyping up somebody's debut

12/10/12 5:14 PM
Mookie Blaylock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheSwansBoingBoingedMyBaggies - 

And dont forget WM that year being HEADLINED by erm...Bam Bam Bigelow V Lawrence Taylor. Almost 18 years later I still cant get over that.

Hey, I attended that WrestleMania! Hartford, CT.
12/10/12 9:20 PM
Utah get me two

The end of WCW, when they put the belt on Scott Steiner (the only person that could be bothered to show up for work), give him the mic, and he'd go off in roid-induced rants towards Flair and wrestling in general. Dude couldn't form a coherent thought. What was the saying then, regarding Steiner?

Live Mic=DANGER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763Isvy65ws
12/10/12 9:23 PM
Utah get me two

"Why don't you try to convince Diamond Dallas Page to get a sex change, so he has enough balls to come out here and face me?"

12/10/12 11:47 PM
TheSwansBoingBoingedMyBaggies
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He's supposed to be the limousine-ridin', jet-flyin' son of a gun, but I'm sayin' ONE TIME, you shoulda took a cab and used that money to fix your crooked, yellow teeth!" Phone Post
12/11/12 12:02 AM
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Now if WCW would hire nature boy no2..why wont they hire the ORIGINAL nature boy Buddy Rodgers....now I know Buddy Rodgers is dead God rest his soul....but Ric Flair, YOUR CAREER IS DEAD"

"So when you walked down that isle last week, I know I wasnt alone, cause the people at home all they did was grab the remote, change the channel to the WWF and watch Stone Cold"

In anyone elses hands its a microphone, in Scott Steiners hands its a pipe bomb. Phone Post
12/11/12 9:09 AM

Edited: 12/11/12 9:21 AM

I just watched a whole episode of Nitro from 2000 (dunno what compelled me to do this) and not only did it seem better than if did back then...but I actually found it more enjoyable than the last Raw :o

I'm shocked, back in the day this shit seemed so bad it was hard to believe they were being serious, but now i'm thinking that its maybe more because the WWF was so awesome back then.

Judge for yourself, this is the episode I watched.

Is this really any worse than last nights Raw?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.