UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cruz chokes back tears, 'guarantees' return

12/5/12 9:09 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz was a guest recently on UFC Tonight and discussed reinjuring his knee, which required a second surgery.

"I was doing everything I was allowed to do," said Cruz. "I was on a good comeback. I was right on schedule according to the doctors... I was training and I found out the hard waa that a cadaver tendon wasn't as strong as it shoukd have beeen. It didn't take to my body the way it should have - it got weak, and then the cadaver tendon failed.

"I was in my brace when the injury occured."

"I was going in with a guy I was training with many times. And we were moving, we were doing 50% movement drills with each other where basically working with each other shadow boxing. And on the mat that I was on, with my brace, I don't know man, I was moving, and I went to hit a pivot, and the tissue just popped."

"I had some thoughts like, 'no way this happened just moving', because I've done so much more than that in PT with my PT guy. I was shocked that it happened and it just popped."

"I'm having my few days of crybaby time per-se. I've allowed myself to be mad and be sad, you know, you go through the, 'why me stage?' What's the point, you know?"

"If the fans can know how much it helps me, they'll know right now. Thank you guys so much. I do this for you guys. I'm in a hurt spot right now, and the love that I get from the fans right now is really keeping me up and keeping me optimistic,"

"My glass is half full right now because the fans have my back. They want to see me back and that means everything to me. This is the toughest thing that I have been through. And I'm completely heartbroken to let down the people who wanted to see me fight, to let down the UFC and to let down anyone in the Bantamweight division. I'll be back. I'm not done. That's a promise, a guarantee."

12/5/12 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_DontToewsMeBro!!
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta feel for a guy who just can't catch a damn break. Sucks Phone Post
12/5/12 9:43 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Poor guy! Goodluck Champ Phone Post
12/5/12 9:44 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Speedy recovery to Mr Cruz.
12/5/12 9:53 AM
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wishing Cruz a full recovery.

12/5/12 9:56 AM
BrokeFitch

Pride Wanderlei - Poor guy! Goodluck Champ Phone Post
! Phone Post
12/5/12 10:13 AM
Malvert the Janitor
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn! Feel so bad for the guy. As a man, I'm sure it goes way beyond the physical pain...he's the bread winner of the family and he can't fulfill that obligation right now.

Awful stuff! Really rooting for a full recovery and a triumphant return. I think that stripping him, however, would be best for Dom. I'd hate his first fight back after almost two years to be against a killer like Barao. But maybe that's how Dom would want it! Phone Post
12/5/12 10:15 AM
Neversurfaced

Anybody who's fought with injuries and rehab can relate. Damn bummer for Cruz! Phone Post
12/5/12 11:16 AM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tough break man. that sucks
12/5/12 11:16 AM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tough break man. that sucks
12/5/12 11:31 AM
behrens14
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has the worst kind of style for this kind of setback too. With the way he moves around and his fluidity, I'd imagine not training that for so long makes it really hard to get back to that level of conditioning and technique. His style is not forgiving of mistakes or slowing down.
12/5/12 11:33 AM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My heart goes out to Dominick.  I was fortunate enough to meet him earlier this year and he is one of the most humble, and funniest guys, ever.  

He'll be back and he'll still be the champ.

WAR CRUZ!

12/5/12 11:41 AM
Bwatermyfren
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel so bad for the dude!!!
Injuries are such a cunt!!!
Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. Phone Post
12/5/12 11:43 AM
Michael Kn1ght

Hope all goes well for ya my dude. Phone Post
12/5/12 11:52 AM
chawkins
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oprah666 - WHY A CADAVER?? makes no sense!!

Supposedly that's the best way to replace a ruined ligament, with an actual ligament from another human being.

What I'm not sure is, what do they replace that with if the cadaver ligament doesn't take? Do they stable a synthetic ligament into your knee? Do they take a ligament from another part of your body and then you just have to go without a ligament somewhere else?

Does anybody know how this stuff works?
12/5/12 11:58 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

tt

12/5/12 12:56 PM
Stephen Eakin
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chawkins -
Oprah666 - WHY A CADAVER?? makes no sense!!

Supposedly that's the best way to replace a ruined ligament, with an actual ligament from another human being.

What I'm not sure is, what do they replace that with if the cadaver ligament doesn't take? Do they stable a synthetic ligament into your knee? Do they take a ligament from another part of your body and then you just have to go without a ligament somewhere else?

Does anybody know how this stuff works?
They take part of your tendon and graft it in there. Not sure the exact tendon name. Phone Post
12/5/12 12:56 PM
Stephen Eakin
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Patellar Tendon Graft Phone Post
12/5/12 1:27 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Dom's recovery

12/5/12 2:33 PM
OhNo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he chose a cadaver because it is the quickest to recover from. his other options is to get a graft from the patella OR he could of had a hamstring graft. I don't understand why he doesn't talk about the hamstring graft, as it is the most successful. It's downside is that it takes longer to recover from and you now have to rehab the hamstring as well.

anyways, good luck to him on his recovery.
12/5/12 4:08 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must be a horrible place to be in. Sucks. I wish him the best. Phone Post
12/5/12 4:59 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he can come back at 100% Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.