UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Werdum:Reem is on the ‘special juice’ all the time

12/6/12 6:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigdee1983420 - My point is Reem never tested positive for a named steroid on the banned list. I wouldn't say that makes him a long time user of steroids. To me he explained clearly why his T to E ratio was elevated with the anti-inflamm/Tes. injection. If you take all of the steroid rumors out of the equation,and just focus on the fighters abilities. Alistair Overeem is a very,very dangerous mma fighter. His technique/timing,and being measured is much better since coming to HWT. You can take all the steroids you want,but if you don't have that technique down. It will get you nowhere,and Reem has amazing technique for somebody his size. Thats what matters!

You are extremely gullible.

And you're right. Steroids aren't enough. That's why he's been knocked out by every credible striker he has faced. That's why he has never been able to do anything against top competition, except knee Mirko in the balls, and flop on fighters until they're exhausted from being pinned down by his roid-weight.

Or, are there some fights of his that I haven't seen? Where has Overoids ever been impressive in MMA? He beat the tire-salesmen in Strike Force? That's it? Lesnar, the guy with no striking experience? That's it?
12/6/12 7:29 AM
binga
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

baaight - Werdum should shut the fuck up if he's going to go that direction, since his friend actually got caught using the steroid boldenone a few years back...

That my friend is a great first post!
12/6/12 3:08 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
bigdee1983420 - My point is Reem never tested positive for a named steroid on the banned list. I wouldn't say that makes him a long time user of steroids. To me he explained clearly why his T to E ratio was elevated with the anti-inflamm/Tes. injection. If you take all of the steroid rumors out of the equation,and just focus on the fighters abilities. Alistair Overeem is a very,very dangerous mma fighter. His technique/timing,and being measured is much better since coming to HWT. You can take all the steroids you want,but if you don't have that technique down. It will get you nowhere,and Reem has amazing technique for somebody his size. Thats what matters!

You are extremely gullible.

And you're right. Steroids aren't enough. That's why he's been knocked out by every credible striker he has faced. That's why he has never been able to do anything against top competition, except knee Mirko in the balls, and flop on fighters until they're exhausted from being pinned down by his roid-weight.

Or, are there some fights of his that I haven't seen? Where has Overoids ever been impressive in MMA? He beat the tire-salesmen in Strike Force? That's it? Lesnar, the guy with no striking experience? That's it?

The last time Overeem was KO'd was by Sergei,he hasn't been KO'd since. He stood toe to toe,and beat the top best K-1 strikers had to offer. Guys like Badr Hari,Tyrone Spong,Peter Aerts,Gohkan Saki,and the list goes on. If you can stand toe to toe,and beat those guys w/out getting knocked out cold. Thats a statement in itself. You don't understand,and appreciate striking skill,if you really believe what your saying. Go watch the masterful destruction of Todd Duffee w/punch/knee combinations. The timing on the overhand right he caught Ben Edwards w/in K-1. Overeem can kill w/one shot,or by combination. You mention Brock Lesnar,notice the power on that LIVER kick he landed to the body. I'm sorry dude I don't know what you consider high level striking,but Overeeem is at the top my friend. Please go educate yourself before you post here. There's all kinds of footage showcasing his striking abilities,especially in the K-1.
12/7/12 12:43 AM
Piyo

Yeah, he knows some striking. However, in addition to that, he's added a huge amount of strength, power, size, and relative speed through the use of chemicals. His *almost* got caught with this masking game, but people just want to the see the fight too badly.
12/7/12 10:56 AM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Piyo - Yeah, he knows some striking. However, in addition to that, he's added a huge amount of strength, power, size, and relative speed through the use of chemicals. His *almost* got caught with this masking game, but people just want to the see the fight too badly.

Just because his T to E ratio was elevated(which he explained clearly why it was)doesn't mean that hes been abusing Steroids for a long time. People need to get there facts straight,he never tested positive for a named steroid on the banned list. Steroids don't give you great technique,you either have it or you don't.
12/7/12 2:09 PM
ranier wolfcastle
990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

again, pros say 85% of top fighters are on roids

12/7/12 2:39 PM
iamarealamerican

do you guys think cyborg santos has been sending all the extra horse milk in her eye to the reem?
12/15/12 1:33 AM
Toquinho
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Special juice = horse blood Phone Post
12/15/12 3:38 AM
Ryan Black
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am gonna say that I understand and can see the ego behind Werdum's statement. I mean, in his fight with Overeem, he basically flopped onto his back repeatedly- like a pro-wrestler practicing back bumps- and quite literally begged Alistair to jump into his guard, to avoid his striking. The same striking that took Brock down decisively. I can see that the guy obviously doesn't like Overeem.

That's likely the motivating factor behind these statements.

Is The Reem on "The Juice?" I dunno. Am I a fan of his? Not really, never have been too crazy about him; but I know he has a Diaz/Fedor-like legion of dedicated fans. I will say, I respect his high level striking and his accomplishments; 'juice' or no "special juice." Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.