UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Current P4P list for female MMA??

12/8/12 7:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 7:33 AM
NAAFS - 

Jessica Eye should be in everyone's top ten IMO. Guess we will know more after tomorrow.

I bumped her from #25 to #14 on my list (and bumped Zoila down from #15 to #24). Granted, I'm an armchair amateur here, but I think her win says as much about how Zoila Frausto-Gurgel's ring rust has deteriorated her as it says about how much Jessica Eye has developed as a fighter. Up until that fight her biggest win was over Angela Magana and she still got tapped out by Aisling Daly about 18 months ago. I guess I'll go ahead and rearrange my rankings now and she'll probably go up about 10 spots, but I still don't think I could rank her better than about #4 or #5 just at Flyweight, so she's still outside my Top 10.
12/10/12 8:41 PM
NAAFS
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
NAAFS - 

Jessica Eye should be in everyone's top ten IMO. Guess we will know more after tomorrow.

I bumped her from #25 to #14 on my list (and bumped Zoila down from #15 to #24). Granted, I'm an armchair amateur here, but I think her win says as much about how Zoila Frausto-Gurgel's ring rust has deteriorated her as it says about how much Jessica Eye has developed as a fighter. Up until that fight her biggest win was over Angela Magana and she still got tapped out by Aisling Daly about 18 months ago. I guess I'll go ahead and rearrange my rankings now and she'll probably go up about 10 spots, but I still don't think I could rank her better than about #4 or #5 just at Flyweight, so she's still outside my Top 10.
True but did you actually see the fight with Aisling? She's been pretty dominant in the past 12 months. Not sure how you can keep her out of the top ten p4p. I've heard some rankings have her at 3rd now just behind rousey and cyborg p4p. Phone Post
12/11/12 8:21 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAAFS - 
Chromium -
NAAFS - 

True but did you actually see the fight with Aisling? She's been pretty dominant in the past 12 months. Not sure how you can keep her out of the top ten p4p. I've heard some rankings have her at 3rd now just behind rousey and cyborg p4p. Phone Post

Source on that p4p ranking please? Because that sounds pretty dubious. Keep in mind Aisling's only been 3-3 in her last 6 fights with losses to Rosi Sexton, Sheila Gaff, and Barb Honchak. She's good but she's not quite elite (probably should drop to Strawweight). And no I didn't see Aisling/Eye. Was there something controversial about Eye getting choked out? As it is I think I just bumped her to #2 in her weight division and that's probably being extremely generous.
12/11/12 9:42 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - Expanding to a Top 25 here (because I'm dumb):
EDIT: Updated after Bellator 83

1) Ronda Rousey (135)
2) Cris Cyborg (145)
3) Jessica Aguilar (115)
4) Megumi Fujii (115)
5) Miesha Tate (135, but she's ranked this high because she is a natural Flyweight, otherwise I'd drop her to #7)
6) Sara McMann (135)
7) Jessica Penne (105)
8) Marloes Coenen (135/145)
9) Rosi Sexton (125)
10) Sarah Kaufmann (135)
11) Carla Esparza (115)
12) Ayaka Hamasaka (115)
13) Shayna Baszler (135)
14) Jessica Eye (125)
15) Sheila Gaff (125) (probably juiced to the gills unfortunately)
16) Katja Kankaanpaa (115)
17) Barb Honchak (125)
18) Naho Sugiyama (105)
19) Vanessa Porto (125)
20) Alexis Davis (135)
21) Yana Kunitskaya (145)
22) Amanda Nunes (135)
23) Cat Zingano (135)
24) Zoila Frausto-Gurgel (125)
25) Claudia Gadelha (115)

Honorable mentions: Seo Hee Ham (115 but a natural Atomweight), Sarah D'Alelio (135)

I think you can guess which three divisions I think are relatively deep and which two are not. And yeah, this list isn't set in stone or anything.

I think thats a legit top 10, after 10 its a toss up for someone of them but the top 10 looks right.
12/12/12 3:45 AM
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
EddieBravo - Yeah, what about Felice Herrig?

She's good and has improved a lot since she started, but at most she's #6 at Strawweight. I don't think I'd even put her quite that high. She's not Top 20 p4p.

ComeatMeBro - Rin nakai should be in the top 10...she is 13-0... and gorgeous lol

I totally think either Invicta or the UFC should definitely sign her, as she has a great record on paper and is really pretty, but she had a draw with a British journeywoman with a 4-3 record (now 4-5-1) despite a homefield advantage. Yes she won in the rematch, but honestly, that is her very best win. What's more, the talent pool she's in has already been pretty thoroughly exposed and I think she would be too if she fought in the U.S. I'd rank her about #10 at Bantamweight, if not a bit lower. She really needs a signature win. She may also want to consider dropping down another weight class, as she may be built like a tank but she's all of 5'1" and still pretty small for a Bantamweight.

People I _might_ add if I expanded my list to a Top 20 would include Katja Kankaanpaa, Vanessa Porto, Barb Honchak, Naho Sugiyama (yeah Penne ultimately outclassed her but Sugiyama showed a ton of speed and technique, and is small even for Atomeight), Alexis Davis, Amanda Nunes, and maybe Yana Kunitskaya to have a second natural Featherweight after Cyborg.

I agree the pool is shallow BUT she should be fighting at 125 hopefully invicta signs her soon and we can see what she is truly made of
12/12/12 7:44 AM
PatrickVilone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1- RONDA ROUSEY
2-Who cares
3-Who cares
4-Who cares
5-Who cares
6-Who cares
7-Who cares
8-Who cares
9-Who cares
10-Who cares

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.