UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thaigo Alves vs Matt hughes.. Notice?

12/5/12 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MasterofMartialArts
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That post was for Daverr. Phone Post
12/5/12 6:31 PM
Daverr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well, i havent watched the fight in years, and i didnt think too much about it is all, knew it was something crazy
12/5/12 7:41 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kamakosmo - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
Kamakosmo - Cool movies of 2008:

The Dark Knight
Tropic Thunder
Cloverfield
Saving Sarah Marshall
Wall-E
Iron Man

Wrong thread?

Wrong forum?

Wrong asshole?

Oops, my bad. I thought this was a thread about things that happened in 2008.

I will see myself out now.

Such a goof!

How dare anyone talk about fights in the past. wtf is wrong with you? Also cloverfield and Saving Sarah Marshall are shit movies.
12/5/12 9:12 PM
ophusker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spencer Fischer beat Alvie's and then later posted on here that the Alvie's that fought Hughes "was not the same guy" that he fought. Take that to mean whatever you want but fighters usually know who is doing what.
12/5/12 10:28 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - I'm pretty sure Matt was informed that Thiago wouldn't be making weight, he just took the fight anyway.

Edit: Didn't Alves only test positive for diuretics? Still a banned substance, but I don't think it was roids.
Diuretics are also sometimes used to mask roids Phone Post
12/5/12 10:28 PM
voorhees

Kamakosmo - Cool movies of 2008:

The Dark Knight
Tropic Thunder
Cloverfield
Saving Sarah Marshall
Wall-E
Iron Man

I agree w/this post.

This thread is pointless and stupid to bring up NOW.

12/5/12 10:30 PM
rnunz
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But what's a Thaigo? Phone Post
12/5/12 11:44 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
RileyPust - I'm pretty sure Matt was informed that Thiago wouldn't be making weight, he just took the fight anyway.

Edit: Didn't Alves only test positive for diuretics? Still a banned substance, but I don't think it was roids.

Fighters always have the option to refuse the fight if the opponent fails to make weight. It's not like Matt Hughes to ever turn down a fight though.

Yeah I was frequenting his website at the time of this fight, and I'm pretty sure he was informed beforehand that Alves wouldn't make weight, I think Alves wanted to stop cutting when Hughes accepted the fight but he was told to cut as much as he could.

I could be just making this all up in my head, but I thought I remembered Matt saying that Thiago was 177 or 178 when he accepted the fight, but Alves managed to make it down to 174 (I think). He was definitely giant in that fight, he absolutely dwarfed Matt. I will say this though, after the fight Thiago actually went and got Matt's autograph.
12/6/12 12:19 AM
Dana Stern

Like some have mentioned that was before he really knew how to cut weight properly and before him and Dolce started to work together. Dude use to miss weight all the time and piss Dana off like crazy. He always had a somewhat suspicious physique but has never been busted for steroids, just the diahretic. All I know is I really enjoyed how he handle Matt Hughes. Very impressive. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.