UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pro Wrestlers That Could Have Won UFC 1

12/18/12 4:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poop Doodle - Jake the Snake.
How could anyone concentrate with Damien just a few feet away?
Not I! Not I!!

Or Bam Bam Bigelo. That big man moved like a cat, I tell ya.
I think bam bam had an mma fight. Phone Post
12/18/12 5:27 AM
Wizgub
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CACTUS JACK
HE GOT HIT WITH A 2x4 WRAPPED IM BARBED WIRE AND PEDIGREED ON TO NAILS AND KEPT COMING

LEGIT BADASS! Phone Post
12/18/12 5:45 AM
Enamoratu
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/18/12 5:53 AM
Vidz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As said by numerous people, Bad News Brown was a genuine Judoka, and a fantastic one at that.

One person that may have been missed out on due to their future MMA career is Dan Severn. Severn did Pro-Wrestling before entering MMA, I think he would have had a decent chance at beating Royce back in UFC 1.

12/18/12 6:22 AM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enamoratu - 

Thank-you, I said "Giant Gonzalez" on Page 2

What a pic!!!
12/18/12 8:06 AM
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crush & Adam Bomb.

12/18/12 8:28 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prime Roddy Piper: Gene LeBell Black Belt and Golden Gloves boxer, kinda crazy

12/18/12 11:16 AM
CLINTK9
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beanouno - 
Poop Doodle - Jake the Snake.
How could anyone concentrate with Damien just a few feet away?
Not I! Not I!!

Or Bam Bam Bigelo. That big man moved like a cat, I tell ya.
I think bam bam had an mma fight. Phone Post

it was mentioed on this thread. Bam Bam lost to Kimo. although, IMO, fence grabbing helped him win easier than he would have.
12/19/12 6:10 AM
Gino_Corona

Brent and Olsen Heart from the famous Heart family in Edmonton Alberta. They were trained by their father Stew who was a real bad ass back in the day. Phone Post
12/19/12 6:25 AM
BaraoKix

Gino_Corona -  Brent and Olsen Heart from the famous Heart family in Edmonton Alberta. They were trained by their father Stew who was a real bad ass back in the day. Phone Post

Please, never talk about a subject that you have NO CLUE about, again...
12/19/12 6:30 AM
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - "The Undertaker maybe"

The Undertaker is an interesting choice because he did end up developing and interest in MMA later on (he even incorporated MMA style moves into his worked pro wrestling style) and he's done some training and has gone on record as saying that if there had been more money in it when he was younger that he would have done it.

The Undertaker is a huge guy. He's around 6'10" and something like 300 lbs. He's also quite agile for a guy that size. Combine this with some MMA training and you could have a dangerous opponent.

The problem is that back when UFC 1 took place in 1993 I don't think that The Undertaker had any legitimate hand-to-hand combat training, so it would have just been a big, strong, athletic guy against trained fighters. So I'm thinking that just being big, strong, and athletic would not have been enough to beat everyone at UFC 1.

I've never watched pro wrestling, but I saw The Undertaker at a UFC(43 I think) talking to Tim Sylvia. Tim was taller than him. Somebody was going to take their picture and The Undertaker leaned in and whispered something to Tim. They both laughed and the undertaker stood on his toes for the picture.

Closest comparison I could find.

12/19/12 9:58 AM
CGJiuJitsu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, Slow down a bit.  Remember, Shamrock was "versed" in submissions being from Pancrase/Submission Hybrid Wrestling, and he gave his neck to Royce on a silver platter.  Yes, Royce could have been steamrolled by the Steiners, etc., but the positioning (or lack there of from the competition), etc at that time was a huge factor for Royce.  Not saying one of the badass wrestlers from the early '90s couldn't have given him a run, but Servern was also a pretty badass wrestler and fell into a triangle over time, without having the knowledge of even the basics of finshing holds...

Just my $0.02...  

12/19/12 1:42 PM
knuckleballs

If the Steve Williams' of the world could avoid hitting the canvas and kept it standing then, a a bunch of guys could have beaten Royce. But, could they then have known to not stand with Pat Smith, jimmerson and Gordeau?

They would have needed to execute the proper game plan in four matches, and, if i was to bet, i would guess that they would have tried to take Royce down the way Severn did in ufc 4. They would probably instinctivally take him down because to beat smith, gordeau or jimmerson they would have had to take them down to win. They would have been in the habit of doing that, most likely. Once it got there, they would probably have been fucked.
12/19/12 1:56 PM
Gino_Corona

BaraoKix -
Gino_Corona -  Brent and Olsen Heart from the famous Heart family in Edmonton Alberta. They were trained by their father Stew who was a real bad ass back in the day. Phone Post

Please, never talk about a subject that you have NO CLUE about, again...
Brent was a tough guy and so was his brother Olsen. Phone Post
12/19/12 2:06 PM
Winston Wolf
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce would have whooped the entire rosters ass
12/19/12 2:35 PM
Bry Bry

CGJitsu-Dan Severn was never a great fighter, he was a great wrestler..Severn did well in MMA because of his wrestling but he never struck me as a very dangerous fighter because of his lack of subs and striking..watch his fight against Royce at ufc 4, he doesnt throw a single punch i dont think...now you grab a very strong, athletic guy with a great amateur wrestling background and you give him some killer instinct(a guy that will ground and pound from the top) and he could beat royce at ufc 1..

also interesting is could Jimmerson or Gordeau just KO these big wrestlers with ease had it stayed standing?i know they were technically much better strikers but that doesnt mean a 250 pound plus wrestlers couldnt land a bomb or just bullrush them into the fence.....
12/19/12 2:42 PM
scrapdo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, I'll bite, none of them, The knowledge simply wasn't there at the time. A guy with good trad wrestling wouldn't have even known enough to use it to stay standing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.