UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Cesar Gracie the best fight team in America?

12/5/12 6:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

John Crouch, head trainer to Benson Henderson, offered the highest praise for Team Cesar Gracie, in an interview with BJPenn.com.

“I have complete confidence in Benson," said Crouch. "We’ve never gone into a fight where I thought we were going to lose. I totally believe Ben can finish the fight. With that being said, Nate Diaz and Cesar Gracie probably believe the same thing.

"Nate deserves this shot, that camp is severely underrated. Because they talk a little bit doesn’t hide the fact that they may be the best camp in the country if not the world. Their guys are tough, they always scrap and they are good everywhere. They have heart and I think my favorite part about them is their sense of team and their sense of community within their school.

"I am a huge fan of Cesar Gracie. With that being said we’re going to win on December 8th.”

So what do you think? Is Cesar Gracie the best team in the USA? Or the world? If not, who is better?

12/5/12 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaelPFan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the best at molding true fighters. Or that might just be the Diaz' way. Phone Post
12/5/12 6:26 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nova Uniao Phone Post
12/5/12 6:29 PM
BradGluckman
580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Nova Uniao Phone Post

In America not the World

12/5/12 6:29 PM
Spinelock
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YES
12/5/12 6:37 PM
Malvert the Janitor
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to say...

Lots of talent at AKA, ATT, Blackzillians. But they're up there. Phone Post
12/5/12 6:39 PM
32Hunter

for home grown talent, yes.
12/5/12 6:41 PM
duckingkimura

209 represent!!! Phone Post
12/5/12 6:45 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Cesar Gracie is the best trainer per say, but the entire staff and sparing partners within that team...What can Cesar do other than teach gi and no gi bjj? or manage Nick? probably not much....It's all those guys and the excellent boxing coach and world class sparring partners..
12/5/12 6:47 PM
UhHhAlex_

Jackson's.. Its facts. JJ and GSP are both there. and they are two of the most dominant champions ever.
12/5/12 6:50 PM
BradGluckman
580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - I don't think Cesar Gracie is the best trainer per say, but the entire staff and sparing partners within that team...What can Cesar do other than teach gi and no gi bjj? or manage Nick? probably not much....It's all those guys and the excellent boxing coach and world class sparring partners..

Way to slight Cesar  he helped get those guys to that world class level those guys were homegrown not studs that were already good and then moved to another camp  he is a dam good trainer  who you should give a little more credit to

12/5/12 6:52 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

UhHhAlex_ - Jackson's.. Its facts. JJ and GSP are both there. and they are two of the most dominant champions ever.
Most dominant champions ever hey?

AS says hello. Phone Post
12/5/12 6:52 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Since the title says "Fight Team" that needs to go to BlackHouse.

If we are talking about a dedicated single Coach/Camp where the fighters consider themselves with only that Coach it would be Gracie or possibly AKA/Jackson's.

IMO of course

12/5/12 6:54 PM
UhHhAlex_

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - 
UhHhAlex_ - Jackson's.. Its facts. JJ and GSP are both there. and they are two of the most dominant champions ever.
Most dominant champions ever hey?

AS says hello. Phone Post

Youre correct but this discussion is about the best camps in America..
12/5/12 6:58 PM
Coolface_Awesomeson

UhHhAlex_ - Jackson's.. Its facts. JJ and GSP are both there. and they are two of the most dominant champions ever.

First post, huh?

Two fighters, no matter how dominant they are, do not a camp make.

Especially when they are, arguably, two of the most naturally gifted fighters ever to set foot in a cage.

ALSO - GSP trains more at TriStar these days (if I'm not mistaken)

12/5/12 6:59 PM
MMALOGIC

how about a team who has at least won a ufc title?

12/5/12 7:05 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BradGluckman - 
cheesesteak - I don't think Cesar Gracie is the best trainer per say, but the entire staff and sparing partners within that team...What can Cesar do other than teach gi and no gi bjj? or manage Nick? probably not much....It's all those guys and the excellent boxing coach and world class sparring partners..

Way to slight Cesar  he helped get those guys to that world class level those guys were homegrown not studs that were already good and then moved to another camp  he is a dam good trainer  who you should give a little more credit to

I didn't mean it in a bad way. If your talking about sub grappling bjj, I think he is top of the food chain as a trainer... I'm talkng from an MMA standpoint. I believe they have excellent staff and some key guys like Nick, nate, Gilbert and Jake formed a tight alliance of frienship and a passion for fighting that if you took those 4 guys and put them on any other mma team they would have developed the way they did regardless.

In essence you could probably take those for have them open up a MMA team anywhere and they will turn whover trains with them into their boys and the ones that stick around and train the hardeest will probably climb the MMA ladder real quick.

I really wasn't trying to disrespect Cesar. He did well with the group he had. Very well and may have even instilled a killer instinct into those kids.
12/5/12 7:10 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MFS Phone Post
12/5/12 7:17 PM
UhHhAlex_

Coolface_Awesomeson - 
UhHhAlex_ - Jackson's.. Its facts. JJ and GSP are both there. and they are two of the most dominant champions ever.

First post, huh?

Two fighters, no matter how dominant they are, do not a camp make.

Especially when they are, arguably, two of the most naturally gifted fighters ever to set foot in a cage.

ALSO - GSP trains more at TriStar these days (if I'm not mistaken)

Condit, Cerrone, Dodson, Kennedy, Stann, Carwin etc etc.... Jackson's comes up with Georges gameplans along with nurse, and Zahabi, but he does come down to train at altitude for mose fights at some point during his camp, and he's credited jacksons numerous times.
12/5/12 7:25 PM
tdunning
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I totally believe Ben can finish the fight."

Is this based on his 0% finish rate over the past 2 years?
12/5/12 7:29 PM
Kostakio
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LIMMA
Serra-Longo
AMA Phone Post
12/5/12 7:39 PM
Bad Monkey
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

how about a team who has at least won a ufc title?

This.

Freeze this thread til Sunday.

Idiot.

12/5/12 7:41 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he means finish the fight as in survive all 5 rounds, right? Cause the way nate has been rolling up competition bendo is gonna need a strict game plan that goes against his instincts.

He has to be patient, stay outside, brutalize nates legs, any time nate closes in he has to shoot, then get up before nate can get started with the submission game.

If he can't slow nate down significantly I think nate can put him away. Phone Post
12/5/12 7:54 PM
Jaybrone
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the fascination with saying whats the best fight team or who is the GOAT? Can't yall just accept that there are several really good camps with really good track records? These discussions always end up with people diminishing the accomplishments of others to make their point. It's ridiculous.

12/5/12 7:56 PM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Up there. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.