UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cris Cyborg: Can make 135 but UFC 157 Rumors false

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/6/12 12:08 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The rumors started when the Brazilian language version of UFC.com appeared to show that Ronda Rousey would be defending her UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion against former Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Champion Cris 'Cyborg' Santos at UFC 157 on Feb. 23 in Anaheim, Calif.

However, a UFC official told MMAJunkie that the information was in error, and that Rousey vs. Cyborg is not planned for UFC 157, and any card. Further, in an interview with 'Junkie', Santos said the rumor is "wrong information."

However, Santos reversed her position on being unable to make the 135 pound weight limit, and said her camp is in negotiation with the UFC for the fight.

"In one month, I can't do it," said Santos. "But if I have time, I could do it."

Read entire article...

12/6/12 12:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
931 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She needs time to cycle off. Understandable....

12/6/12 12:19 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 12:19 AM

"In one month, I can't do it," said Santos. "But if I have time, I could do it."

Well good thing you have close to 3 months then... either learn to count or get on the treadmill.

12/6/12 12:28 AM
Aleck911
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

come on guys
be nice
12/6/12 12:34 AM
Leghound
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aleck911 - come on guys
be nice

Given there was no mention of her dick size, her facial features, etc. I'd say this IS being nice
12/6/12 12:35 AM
Tap In
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see cyborg work rousey
12/6/12 12:49 AM
randysan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would love to see Rousey take her arm quick
12/6/12 12:54 AM
Dublin_Huntington
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Miesha spark Rousey a few times standing? If Guyborg does the same it would be lights out fairly quickly for Ronda! Phone Post
12/6/12 1:00 AM
UGSlapshot

Certainly Cyborg's defenders have egg on there face. Phone Post
12/6/12 1:07 AM
Vote me down

I thought she said she would die and there was absolutley no way she could make 135.

12/6/12 1:07 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh but I cannot make the weight! It is impossible, Rousey needs to move up and fight me, even though she is the champ at 135! My doctor says it is too dangerous to attempt the cut!

Rhonda, RNC RD 1.
12/6/12 1:20 AM
SOO72
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next thing you know Anderson Silva and his Doctor will be saying he can make 170.
12/6/12 1:37 AM
tbi0904
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look, it's simple. Ronda wants the fight where it's most advantageous to her (135). Cyborg wants the fight where it's most advantageous to her (145+). All this posturing by both ladies has been just that, posturing. They both want the fight, Zuffa very much wants the fight so it's gonna happen.

I got Ronda btw.
12/6/12 1:40 AM
mghan44
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dublin_Huntington -  Didn't Miesha spark Rousey a few times standing? If Guyborg does the same it would be lights out fairly quickly for Ronda! Phone Post

Yes she did. No matter what anyone says (and I am not denying that Rousey is clearly an extremely dangerous fighter)she is still very, very one dimensional. She looked uncomfortable when Tate tagged her and got the fight down ASAP. If someone like Cyborg can stop some takedowns and land a few shots, we will really see what Ronda has.

Hopefully Cyborg can smash her. Getting tired of Ronda's gimmicks and publicity.
12/6/12 1:43 AM
mghan44
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

Well good thing you have close to 3 months then... either learn to count or get on the treadmill.

Yeah, treadmill is a good idea considering it is clearly fat that Cyborg will be trying to lose.
12/6/12 2:22 AM
Snayke13
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she had enough time she could do it...like a year? knowing Rousey was her biggest fight on the horizon...

Waaaahhhh...
zero sympathy from me. Phone Post
12/6/12 2:31 AM
145er

I just dont see ronda doing well against santos..I hope we see a good fight and not a one sided fast arm bar or a one sided beat down.. I wanna see a good scrap!!
12/6/12 2:40 AM
kinson

Now all the sudden she CAN make weight. The plot thickens. Phone Post
12/6/12 3:48 AM
CindyO

Cyborg would win this fight. Then the rematch would be epic (Cyborg would win this one, too, IMO)!

Cindy

12/6/12 3:56 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -  I miss Gina :( Phone Post

I do so as well my dude...

Alas where living in a classless age,where a beautiy and grace dont seem to matter anymore for the ladies and we are basically getting a titlefight with two chicks who are somewhat confused about the fact that there not dudes (douchy behaviour included).

Anyways i do think Roussey has tremendous talent and while here striking is not that great,i do think she will be able to take Cyborg down and finish her.

Having said that i think the fact that she refuses the meet Cyborg at any other weight then 135 is silly and shows a lack of character,sportmanship and spirit of a true martial artist. It would be the same if GSP would demand that Silva moved down to his division if a fight between them ever would take place.

Roussey should just meet at a catchweight,where the cut still is disadvantageous for Cyborg. She will never do it though and that just shows my how small a person she is. Great champions like GSP or Silva would never display this kind of behaviour. The would just meet at catchweight because they have confidence in their ability and would want to make a fight at interesting as possible. The wont want to fight against a opponent that is so drawn out by the weight cut that it had a real detrimental effect on the fight.

So while there are moments that i genuinely like Roussey and i do recognize the skill she has it really baffles me that people keep making excuses for her behaviour like their making excuses for Nick Diaz behaviour.

12/6/12 4:00 AM
MisterHawkeMMA

I really hope that the UFC doesn't miss the bigger picture with this one.

Rousey and Cyborg should be the coaches of TUF, with an all female cast. That would fast-forward woman's MMA (and the UFC's woman's division) 10 years.

It may actually do the best numbers a season has TUF has ever done also.
12/6/12 5:27 AM
FatBuddha
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate to be an asshole, but I almost feel like the UFC should say sorry, your doctor said you couldn't make the weight. The excuses and BS that go on (approving PEDs) etc. with the approval of the medical profession and medical "science" is just sickening.
12/6/12 5:31 AM
FatBuddha

Honestly, I think Dana's original stance on women's mma may have been correct before he was charmed by Rhonda. When I watch Rhonda fight I want to see more. Almost any other female mma-er, it just seems like the technical level is not there and the talent pool is not deep enough (except for japanese female mma'ers but they seem way below 135). And some of these female mma cards have women that are very unattractive. No it shouldn't matter, but it's a business and it does.
12/6/12 5:31 AM
stonepony

She's had about a year? To drop a couple roid-pounds? Please. Cyborg knows he's in trouble. That's all. Let him keep juicing, Ronda will still win.

Watch the Kaufman fight again. Ronda was supposed to be embarrassed in the stand-up. She came out looking like Vitor versus Wanderlei, early UFC. We would have seen more striking from Ronda, if Sarah hadn't wilted so quickly.
12/6/12 5:33 AM
MMALOGIC

MisterHawkeMMA - I really hope that the UFC doesn't miss the bigger picture with this one.

Rousey and Cyborg should be the coaches of TUF, with an all female cast. That would fast-forward woman's MMA (and the UFC's woman's division) 10 years.

It may actually do the best numbers a season has TUF has ever done also.

the numbers would be graet, but I dont think they want the UFC brand to be associated with female mma that much yet.

I dont see them placing female mma on fox or tuf for atleast a year.  I think they would first want to establish themselves on the new fox plaforms (which they have failed to do in 2012) and then introduce female mma to the casual eyes.

an eventual 8 female 8 male tuf season would do epic ratings though.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.