UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ultimate Fighter lowest ranking show on friday

12/6/12 12:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kyleburkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 12:51 AM

Want to hear a positive spin on this ultimate fighter is beat by seinfeld, killed by spongebob

spongebob 18-49 rating .5 ultimate fighter .4

2.53 million people watch spongebob three times the amount of the ultimate fighter

Friends killed ultimate fighter at 1.5 million, which wouldnt have been to bad if it was 1997.  Yep ten year old reruns that have show hundred times kill the ultimate figher.

But have no fear UFC is going to move this show to be the lowest rating show on tuesdays lol.

Question is how is this show still on the air?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/12/03/friday-cable-ratings-gold-rush-wins-night-jungle-gold-duck-dynasty-friday-night-smackdown-nba-basketball-more/160129/

12/6/12 1:12 AM
jcblass

ouch. They need to go back on Spike. Granted I wasn't a huge fan, but I frequently saw it on and watched a few episodes. Now I couldn't even tell you what channel it is on.
12/6/12 2:27 AM
Iwreastledabearonce
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Again Phone Post
12/6/12 2:46 AM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Phone Post
12/6/12 3:30 AM
Happiness Bunny
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Dana say that this was the best season of tuf yet before it aired?
12/6/12 6:43 AM
Palmala Handerson
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL I see the ads for it, I just can't even be bothered to set the DVR. The UFC doesn't need TUF anymore, time to let it die IMO.
12/6/12 6:47 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously it's because Julian Lane wasn't on last friday. I mean WE NEED MOAR DRAMA!!!!
12/6/12 6:48 AM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happiness Bunny - Didn't Dana say that this was the best season of tuf yet before it aired?

LOL actually, if I remember right, this was the only season he DIDN'T say that!

He was privy to the taping of the show, so he knew it would be an abortion beforehand.
12/6/12 6:49 AM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lolfridays
12/6/12 7:02 AM
torquemada
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Dana knew this one was brutal. Nelson not interested and no stand out fighters.

No one wanted to bang, bro. Phone Post
12/6/12 7:25 AM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was the worst season of TUF in a long time, IMO. Smashes smashed it. Phone Post
12/6/12 7:26 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 12/06/12 7:31 AM

as horrendous as the ratings are FX is moving it to the highest rated night on their network.  tuesday nights are FX's best nights with sons of anarchy and justified.

they wont have any excuses this time. but really all they need to do is go back to the averages they had on spike (around 1.3 million which they shouldeasily do with the new timeslot)  and the numbers will be good enough for fx.... so I suspect tuf will be around for while.... unless the friday timeslot and move to fx completely killed the franchise beyond repair.

I foresee tuf morphing into a 4 man tournament where every week you see 4 of the best prospects fight in a tournament to see who wins a UFC contract with all 3 fights airing in a 60 minute taped episode.  this is the future of tuf in my opinion.

IF you want a Global Tuf Grand Prix then you make it an 8 man tournament taped and aired as a 2 hour episode.  An 8 man grand prix product could work globally thereby eliminating the need for a tuf brazil, tuf canada, tuf japan, etc...

forget the olympics... if we had a 2 hour tuf world grand prix every week it would be a blockbuster.

12/6/12 7:31 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't worry, Dana said the next season is the best season ever (for the 16th time), and some crazy shit is going to happen. TUF is as played out as Von Dutch trucker caps. It's mad mid 00s. It'll never get it's cool factor back. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.